follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 01-13-2016, 12:42 PM   #43
YamahaR86
JDM Vaping Stance Nation

Drives: 2013 White
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
Oh god I can't hold out any longer!
The OP is in CHINA. They don't have FRSs there they have 86s which have exactly the same features as the BRZs.
The ONLY place where they are not exactly the same features is in North America.
I wasn't talking about OP I was talking to Mr. Impreza
YamahaR86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 12:45 PM   #44
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,289 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2497 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by YamahaR86 View Post
I wasn't talking about OP I was talking to Mr. Impreza
Who was talking to the OP who is in China.
If there are any people responding that don't know the difference by now they have some reading to do.
Old 01-13-2016, 12:48 PM   #45
PandaSPUR
PandaPandaPandaPandaPanda

Drives: 2015 BRZ Limited CWP
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Oh god I can't hold out any longer!
The OP is in CHINA. They don't have FRSs there they have 86s which have exactly the same features as the BRZs.
The ONLY place where they are not exactly the same features is in North America.
To be fair, the OP wrote "Scion FR-S" in the title... and even I didnt notice the "china" under her username on the side of the post.
PandaSPUR is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PandaSPUR For This Useful Post:
KR-S (01-13-2016), Tcoat (01-13-2016)
Old 01-13-2016, 12:55 PM   #46
RichardsFRS

Drives: 2013 Pearl White 6MT
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Isn't this Toyota's design in general? And Subaru had a new boxer they were dying to try out and then it was the FRS/BRZ

From what I read, the CEO of Toyota was walking thru the show room (Im guessing every car built is in there? dunno) and says "where is the passion? Lets build a sports car" Then subaru reached out with the rest and it was born.

Look at the car, it looks nothing like no kind of Subaru Ive seen (except for the vent window, which I love even though its non functional. But it looks much much more like a Toyota 2000. Listen to the car it sure as hell sounds nothing like any Toyota, it has that familiar boxer rumble to it. It's a good mating pair and I think they did a good job, but Subaru does sell more than Toyota and I think that can be blamed on the SCION badge which is a brand that I love and was loyal to me for ten years.

Someone said a better quality of folks buy the Subaru? I buy what I like and whats a good deal. At the time I didn't see any Subaru's near me and their both the same car and I love Scion. The one reason, and main reason I chose this car. It looks incredible and nothing on the road looks like it. Someone ask my wife was it a Fourty thousand dollar car. It looks more expensive than it is IMO, but some think the opposite. When I buy cars I look for value and performance dollar and fun, I don't look for finish grades and buttons that do a million things at once. I drive it I don't live in it. My mustang didn't have junk in it ,this car has no junk in it. It's simple basic and fun. I love the retro old school sport and super car look to (look at the old Ferrari's, , old European gull wing cars, look at most old vintage race cars, the FRS/BRZ looks very similar.

That's just my take on which is best, neither is best
RichardsFRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 12:56 PM   #47
YamahaR86
JDM Vaping Stance Nation

Quote:
Who was talking to the OP who is in China.
If there are any people responding that don't know the difference by now they have some reading to do.
No idea what you're talking about as I never mentioned the interior features, just the exterior features which are minor but different.
The Following User Says Thank You to YamahaR86 For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (01-13-2016)
Old 01-13-2016, 01:19 PM   #48
AznBRZer

Drives: 16 CBS WRX Limited
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardsFRS View Post
Someone said a better quality of folks buy the Subaru? I buy what I like and whats a good deal. At the time I didn't see any Subaru's near me and their both the same car and I love Scion. The one reason, and main reason I chose this car. It looks incredible and nothing on the road looks like it. Someone ask my wife was it a Fourty thousand dollar car. It looks more expensive than it is IMO, but some think the opposite. When I buy cars I look for value and performance dollar and fun, I don't look for finish grades and buttons that do a million things at once. I drive it I don't live in it. My mustang didn't have junk in it ,this car has no junk in it. It's simple basic and fun. I love the retro old school sport and super car look to (look at the old Ferrari's, , old European gull wing cars, look at most old vintage race cars, the FRS/BRZ looks very similar.

That's just my take on which is best, neither is best
That "someone" is me and from what I see, it looks like you didn't buy a BRZ and trying to justify it, which is something that high quality people aka current and previous BRZ owners never did...ESPECIALLY the one's that paid extra for the auto. Only poors have to row their own gears.
AznBRZer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AznBRZer For This Useful Post:
PandaSPUR (01-13-2016), Sarlacc (01-13-2016), Tcoat (01-13-2016)
Old 01-13-2016, 01:26 PM   #49
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,289 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2497 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PandaSPUR View Post
To be fair, the OP wrote "Scion FR-S" in the title... and even I didnt notice the "china" under her username on the side of the post.
Ahhhh see but that is why it is important to gather as much data as possible before replying. All the FRS info is of zero value to the OP since they can not get one anyway (unless of course they get one shipped and that would just be silly)
Old 01-13-2016, 01:58 PM   #50
PandaSPUR

Quote:
Ahhhh see but that is why it is important to gather as much data as possible before replying. All the FRS info is of zero value to the OP since they can not get one anyway (unless of course they get one shipped and that would just be silly)
Or the OP is moving to the US from China, is going to be in the US for some extended period of time, or just decided to put China cause she's Chinese and proud :p

*awaits post #2 from OP*
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PandaSPUR For This Useful Post:
KR-S (01-13-2016), Tcoat (01-13-2016)
Old 01-13-2016, 02:03 PM   #51
Packofcrows
hey you, yeah you <3

Drives: 2014 37J FR-S
Thanked 1,258 Times in 809 Posts
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
OP: Id get the special edition with the 2.5L. It has turbo so it goes vroom neeeooorgh and cruashhhhcrash when you crash, but if you can drift in a straight line itll go vroooomm nrghhh nrgh tchhhhshhhhhhhhh and it sounds real cool, then the suicide doors increase wave length so you get like 40mpg hwy and 30 in town. It's only available in Asia so you are so lucky!

Please take pics when you get it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AznBRZer View Post
That "someone" is me and from what I see, it looks like you didn't buy a BRZ and trying to justify it, which is something that high quality people aka current and previous BRZ owners never did...ESPECIALLY the one's that paid extra for the auto. Only poors have to row their own gears.
I partially agree. I dont know if trolling or not but yeah, i kinda want still the BRZ due to seats and rear. I do prefer the Toyota emblems on the FRS though. The BRZ tail looks so nice but im so biased to Toyota. 3k just didnt seem to justify my taking of a BRZ then at the stealerships.

If I do total my FRS, i'll go BRZ pearl white or blue though!~
Old 01-13-2016, 02:03 PM   #52
YamahaR86
JDM Vaping Stance Nation

Quote:
Originally Posted by PandaSPUR View Post
Or the OP is moving to the US from China, is going to be in the US for some extended period of time, or just decided to put China cause she's Chinese and proud :p

*awaits post #2 from OP*
I'm a grill irl btw
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to YamahaR86 For This Useful Post:
kch (01-13-2016), KR-S (01-13-2016), Sarlacc (01-13-2016), soulreapersteve (01-13-2016), Tcoat (01-13-2016)
Old 01-13-2016, 02:03 PM   #53
PandaSPUR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packofcrows View Post
Id get the special edition with the 2.5L. It has turbo so it goes vroom neeeooorgh and cruashhhhcrash when you crash, but if you can drift in a straight line itll go vroooomm nrghhh nrgh tchhhhshhhhhhhhh and it sounds real cool, then the suicide doors increase wave length so you get like 40mpg hwy and 30 in town. It's only available in Asia so you are so lucky!

Please take pics when you get it!
I give that a 2/7.
Old 01-13-2016, 02:05 PM   #54
RichardsFRS

Drives: 2013 Pearl White 6MT
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AznBRZer View Post

Heh auto that's cute this way your grandmother can drive it. Anyways I'm not justifying myself to a kid which is what you sound like judging from the terms you used. If you're not a kid, perhaps you should grow up. You sound very high quality sir! A regular harvard graduate.

Also I don't think the thread is about you now back to child's table
RichardsFRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 02:23 PM   #55
PandaSPUR

gj @AznBRZer
The Following User Says Thank You to PandaSPUR For This Useful Post:
AznBRZer (01-13-2016)
Old 01-13-2016, 02:27 PM   #56
PandaSPUR

Quote:
Originally Posted by YamahaR86 View Post
I'm a grill irl btw
Perfect, been looking for a place to put my sausage.
The Following User Says Thank You to PandaSPUR For This Useful Post:
TheVoiceOfReason (01-13-2016)