follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List
BT, dpfarr

Old 10-28-2015, 03:10 PM   #253
djdnz

Drives: 2013 BRZ WRB S/C
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyWA2015 View Post
So...36K miles from 0??? So if you already have 36K miles on your car you get no warrany??
Their powertrain warranty is for the same period as the factory warranty, from 0 to 36,000 miles or 3 years from the date of purchase of the car. This warranty requires an "Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) Certified Technician at licensed automotive repair facility" to install the kit.
http://www.edelbrock.com/automotive/...y/eforce.shtml

The supercharger itself has a three year warranty on the Edelbrock parts from the date of purchase of the supercharger.
http://www.edelbrock.com/automotive/...ty/index.shtml
djdnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 03:30 PM   #254
kch
Senior Misanthrope

Drives: 2015 BRZ Series.Blue CWP
Thanked 1,168 Times in 645 Posts
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 86fun View Post
Does the Edelbrock SC officially have the CARB clearance yet?
Yes. FFS, it's the very first answer on the very first post of this thread.

Quote:
Is the Edelbrock Supercharger kit CARB legal?

Yes, as long as the rest of your drivetrain is stock, and you use the Edelbrock supplied tune, it is CARB legal!
kch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kch For This Useful Post:
sw20kosh (10-28-2015)
Old 10-28-2015, 03:45 PM   #255
86 South Africa
POWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Drives: White Toyota 86 (Scion FRs)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotSoJDM View Post
I decided to bite the bullet and have Delicious send me a Flash N Go map for my Edelbrock kit as I'm on 93oct and I have the ACE header on my car.

It was a very good choice for me, especially given the lack of local dyno tuning support for this platform in my area.

I will post up some of my comparison notes between the carb and delicious tune in my review thread, but I must say, I am very happy with the switch.

The Delicious tune has 0 knock instances, where my CARB tune did show some knock (likely due to other mods I have done, such as the header). The new tune also offered better driveability and more power, which again is likely due to my additional mods. My only complaint with the Delicious tune is that the throttle curve seems kind of lame compared to the CARB tune. I am getting ready to email Zach about this here shortly to see if they can liven it up a bit.

Nice... Answered my Q.... Delicious tune here we come :-)
(Well, SC first of course!)
86 South Africa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 03:46 PM   #256
ravisraval

Drives: 2013 FRS
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
I decided to bite the bullet and have Delicious send me a Flash N Go map for my Edelbrock kit as I'm on 93oct and I have the ACE header on my car.

It was a very good choice for me, especially given the lack of local dyno tuning support for this platform in my area.

I will post up some of my comparison notes between the carb and delicious tune in my review thread, but I must say, I am very happy with the switch.

The Delicious tune has 0 knock instances, where my CARB tune did show some knock (likely due to other mods I have done, such as the header). The new tune also offered better driveability and more power, which again is likely due to my additional mods. My only complaint with the Delicious tune is that the throttle curve seems kind of lame compared to the CARB tune. I am getting ready to email Zach about this here shortly to see if they can liven it up a bit.
What's the CARB tune throttle mapping like? I'm frustrated with the stock car's throttle. That first inch is such a huge percentage, and then 60% pedal travel and beyond is all 100% throttle. I'd like something more linear that uses all of the pedal travel.
ravisraval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 05:04 PM   #257
D18

Drives: Scion FR-S (Hot Lava)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I'm pretty sure I already know the answer to this, but does the Grimmspeed Strut Tower brace fit with this kit? if not, do any of the strut tower braces fit?

@CSG Mike (or anyone for that matter) have you had the opportunity to drive this back to back with the JRSC kit? For track sessions which do you prefer? Is the Edelbrock as effective at preventing overheating?
D18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 05:06 PM   #258
86fun

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kch View Post
Yes. FFS, it's the very first answer on the very first post of this thread.

I saw that, however, on Edelbrock's site it says "50-state emissions pending", and there is no EO#. I also checked on the CARB site:
http://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/aftermk...es/amquery.php
And there is no EO# to be found, only for the tC system.

From what I've read if the EO is pending it is not legal, but I do not know if that's true or not.

What if is rejected down the line, are the owners in trouble?
86fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 05:45 PM   #259
BigFatFlip
sleep, drive, eat, repeat

Drives: '13 BRZ, '12 Outback
Thanked 3,796 Times in 1,981 Posts
Mentioned: 188 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
I saw that, however, on Edelbrock's site it says "50-state emissions pending", and there is no EO#. I also checked on the CARB site:

From what I've read if the EO is pending it is not legal, but I do not know if that's true or not.

I think you are right that EO is still pending (that answer from the original post was more of a "good assumption"). If you look at that ARB site you mentioned, you'll find there are quite a few EO's granted to Edelbrock. I'm not too worried that they won't get CARB certification in the near future.

On the other hand, if you are worried that its not "legal", well, just don't attract any unnecessary attention to yourself in the first place.
BigFatFlip is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BigFatFlip For This Useful Post:
CSG Mike (10-28-2015)
Old 10-28-2015, 05:56 PM   #260
86fun

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Trust me, if we didn't have regularly scheduled emissions testing I would not worry at all! =)
86fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 06:32 PM   #261
kch
Senior Misanthrope

Drives: 2015 BRZ Series.Blue CWP
Thanked 1,168 Times in 645 Posts
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quote:

my bad. taunting rescinded.

edit: Edelbrock's site claims it's 50-state legal, but I don't know about the EO#. http://www.edelbrock.com/automotive/...ers/fa20.shtml
kch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 09:18 PM   #262
DeliciousTuning
PhoneFlash by EcuTeK

Drives: Edelbrock Equipped - Subaru BRZ
Thanked 1,683 Times in 581 Posts
Mentioned: 403 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:

We have our own unique "Throttle Mapping" that allows us to have 4 different options for throttle control. The options are:

1. Soft
2. Daily Driver
3. Aggressive
4. Drag Only

We usually set them on Daily Driver but most people that move over from a stock throttle mapping are more use to the Aggressive throttle mapping. Usually after a few days of driving most people find they actually prefer the Daily Driver throttle mapping because it offers a bit more finite control when driving on twisty roads and at the track.

Cheers,
William Knose
Delicious Tuning
DeliciousTuning is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DeliciousTuning For This Useful Post:
FRS Justin (12-15-2015), JohnnyP (10-30-2015), ravisraval (10-29-2015)
Old 10-28-2015, 11:41 PM   #263
ravisraval

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
^good stuff. Can anyone report on the Edelbrock CARB tune's mapping?
ravisraval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 02:32 AM   #264
stockysnail
Just the tip

Drives: 2013 Lightning Red Subaru BRZ Mt Lt
Thanked 1,004 Times in 665 Posts
Mentioned: 176 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by D18 View Post
I'm pretty sure I already know the answer to this, but does the Grimmspeed Strut Tower brace fit with this kit? if not, do any of the strut tower braces fit?

@CSG Mike (or anyone for that matter) have you had the opportunity to drive this back to back with the JRSC kit? For track sessions which do you prefer? Is the Edelbrock as effective at preventing overheating?
Grimspeed definitely not. The only one I know of that might is the frsmod.com strut bar as I have it on my sprintex kit, but the Edlebrock and Cosworth may be even higher that the Sprintex, which would mean odds are no strut brace would fit. You'd have to get beefier cross bars instead.
stockysnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 08:25 AM   #265
NotSoJDM

Drives: '13 BRZ | '04 E55
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravisraval View Post
What's the CARB tune throttle mapping like? I'm frustrated with the stock car's throttle. That first inch is such a huge percentage, and then 60% pedal travel and beyond is all 100% throttle. I'd like something more linear that uses all of the pedal travel.
The CARB tune reminds me of my stock or oft throttle mapping. The DT sounds like it would be up your alley.

The biggest change I notice when going to the 'Daily Driver' throttle map is the lack of throttle input relative to pedal effort in heel-toe. What used to be a quick roll of my foot onto the gas pedal during moderate braking, has now turned into significant pedal travel in the throttle. This makes it much more difficult for me to quickly raise the RPMs when going down a gear.

An ideal situation (at least in my mind) would be to have a little bit of an aggressive throttle gain down low to help with blipping the throttle, then linear from there on out to maximize resolution of the rest of the pedal travel.
NotSoJDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 12:27 PM   #266
ishmaeljx

Drives: Raven FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Well, after three weeks of waiting, Edelbrock finally finished the tune for 2015s and I was able to pick my car back up. Very satisfied so far. The power increase is perfect.

Here are the dyno numbers:

ishmaeljx is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ishmaeljx For This Useful Post:
avishenoy1 (10-30-2015), Nitro22 (10-29-2015), stoked_on_spool (10-29-2015)