follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Other Vehicles & General Automotive Discussions

Other Vehicles & General Automotive Discussions Discuss all other cars and automotive news here.

User Tag List

Old 09-12-2015, 10:41 PM   #15
GhostRai
Rice Monkey

Drives: 2017 Subaru BRZ Sport-Tech WRB
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by airjonny View Post
1. Who is is in their focus groups lately??

2. How are you unable to build a business case for the s16 Silvia, but abortions like the Juke and Murano Cabriolet get the green light?

3. Do you really want to become Mitsubishi? Because this is how you do it!

I'm done with Nissan if they mess up the Z. Get your crap together!
Oddly Juke's are actually quite popular. The look of it when it first debuted was highly polarizing and it still is, but I see it as less of an eyesore now. However since this new concept is apparently suppose to be a Z car or something (I have no idea how that works with the lineage) I question it because... a 2-door crossover doesn't really fit into any common category.

"Why must everything that is broken be fixed?"
GhostRai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 02:26 PM   #16
why?
Only happy when it rains.

Drives: series.blue
Thanked 1,263 Times in 749 Posts
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
It is really easy to explain. 2 door sports cars don't sell. Tiny crossovers are selling at an insane rate. So take a 2 door sports car,lift it up a few inches and call it a crossover.

I bet it will sell like mad.

Oh and the Murano is an awesome DD. Even with the CVT you floor the thing and it just goes. Plus it is actually usable as a DD and the rear seats are the largest in its class, and it can store as much as minivans.
why? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 04:55 PM   #17
AKBrrrrrrrrZ

Drives: 02 Celica GT
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
So they scrap the iDX and come up with this? How disappointing.
AKBrrrrrrrrZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 08:18 PM   #18
soulreapersteve
Contract? /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Drives: An orange cone with flappy paddles
Thanked 5,170 Times in 2,703 Posts
Mentioned: 126 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Get a Grip Nissan!

*crickets*

This is why I don't tell jokes.
The Twins make me smile
soulreapersteve is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to soulreapersteve For This Useful Post:
86kahl (09-14-2015), meWant (09-15-2015), MisterSheep (09-16-2015), Porcupint (09-13-2015), reni (09-16-2015), Sideways&Smiling (09-14-2015)
Old 09-15-2015, 08:25 AM   #19
M.I.A

Drives: N/a
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
pics in link

Quote:
Known for their innovative crossover designs, Nissan are launching a new breed of sporty crossover, aimed at a new, younger generation of buyers.

According to Nissan, the Gripz Concept blends the attributes of a compact crossover with the excitement and performance of a sports car. Design-wise, we can definitely see what they mean - especially when talking about the Gripz's dual personality.

While driving this car, Nissan would have you casually go about your business on your day-to-day commute, and then not hesitate going on an small adventure during the weekends.

In terms of size, the Nissan Gripz Concept is clearly a compact crossover. However, aesthetically speaking, the concept clearly has sports car DNA inside its overall design. Part of the inspiration for the Gripz was the iconic Safari Rally-winning Nissan 240Z, which back then proved that sports cars didn't have to be low to the ground in order to perform really well.

The Gripz Concept is equipped with an EV technology based 'Pure Drive' e-Power hybrid system, where a petrol engine is used to power the electric motor found in the Nissan LEAF. This configuration should deliver smooth, swift and linear acceleration in near-silence, and do so efficiently.

Its design does incorporate a few key elements first seen in Geneva on the Nissan Sway, such as the V-motion grille, front & rear boomerang lamps, a floating roof and a kicked-up C-Pillar.

"Nissan pioneered the idea of the compact crossover, and this is reflected in the enormous popularity of Qashqai and Juke and the resulting growth of the market segment as other manufacturers play catch-up. While the Nissan Gripz Concept is not seen as a direct replacement for either of those two iconic vehicles, it does show the extremes to which the compact crossover can be pushed," said Nissan Senior VP & CCO, Shiro Nakamura.

Nissan used a bicycle analogy when describing the Gripz's "Dual Personality", and it actually makes a lot of sense. Think of a cyclist and how he uses his bike to get to work during the week, before going on an adrenaline-fueled ride afterwards.

In keeping with the bicycle theme, it's worth noting that exposed carbon elements spear through the design of the Gripz, accentuating such features as the boomerang-shape of the leading edge of the front door structure.

In terms of practicality, the Gripz comes with four doors (with deep dihedral front doors that swing out and up when opened) and a pair of rear half-doors. Because there is no B-Pillar, access to the 2+2 interior is quite easy.

Aside from the V-motion grille at the front, the Gripz also has forward-facing cameras embedded in the lamps and a great looking matte black bonnet design, working perfectly with the red-orange body color. You'll also find matte black on the extended wheel arches, the indented triangular sill and the A-Pillar - leading to the floating roof.

At the rear you'll find a pair of chromed trapezoidal exhaust pipes which also help make this concept look rather sporty.

The 22" wheels have a three-spoke design and are also inspired by racing bicycles - meaning that they're strong yet lightweight, and wearing comparatively thin high-pressure tires, custom made by Bridgestone.

Inside the concept you'll notice the "Gliding Wing" instrument panel and an alarmingly retro steering wheel that might actually be really awesome when seen in person.

In terms of size, the Gripz Concept measures 4,100 mm (161 in) in length, 1,890 mm (74 in) width and 1,500 mm (59 in) in height. It has a wheelbase of 2,580 mm (101 in), which means that it's wider and has a slightly larger wheelbase than the Juke production model.

Perhaps the most exciting thing about the Gripz is that it could preview a future Z sub-brand crossover, an everyday 370Z if you will, though not necessarily replacing the 370Z in any way.

It will certainly be fun to see what Nissan decide to do with this design.
http://www.carscoops.com/2015/09/nis...z-branded.html
M.I.A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 09:50 AM   #20
tennisfreak

Drives: 2018 BMW M240i
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Nissan makes some of the ugliest shit
tennisfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tennisfreak For This Useful Post:
Chad11491 (09-15-2015)
Old 09-15-2015, 08:34 PM   #21
jdmblood

Drives: white subaru brz
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisfreak View Post
Nissan makes some of the ugliest shit

foreal. Except for the gtr.

but seriously they need to make a four door gtr already.
jdmblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 10:25 PM   #22
Noble713

Drives: MkIV Supra & Evo X
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmblood View Post
but seriously they need to make a four door gtr already.
Didn't they get overwhelming positive feedback about the Infiniti Eau Rouge Concept....and we've heard nothing about it coming to production since? Much like my favorite brand Lamborghini dropping the Estoque sedan and giving us the stupid Urus instead.

Oh well, other than the S15 and the GT-R family (specifically R34 and R35) I've never really like Nissans anyway.
Old 09-15-2015, 11:37 PM   #23
jdmblood

Drives: white subaru brz
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noble713 View Post
Didn't they get overwhelming positive feedback about the Infiniti Eau Rouge Concept....and we've heard nothing about it coming to production since? Much like my favorite brand Lamborghini dropping the Estoque sedan and giving us the stupid Urus instead.

Oh well, other than the S15 and the GT-R family (specifically R34 and R35) I've never really like Nissans anyway.

Imagine if they actually made the eau rogue which was supposed to have the same engine as the r35. People are tuning that 3.8tt v6 to 1000hp and we'd have a bunch of people doing the same to the rogue.
jdmblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 11:47 PM   #24
Porcupint

Drives: 13 GBS BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmblood View Post
Imagine if they actually made the eau rogue which was supposed to have the same engine as the r35. People are tuning that 3.8tt v6 to 1000hp and we'd have a bunch of people doing the same to the rogue.
1000 hp? That's nothing for the R35's. Friend of mine has an alpha 12 R35 making ~1100 ft-lbs and ~1500 hp. Just made a 200.9 mph pass in the half mile last weekend.

What tuners are getting out of that car is insane.
Porcupint is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Porcupint For This Useful Post:
jdmblood (09-16-2015)
Old 09-16-2015, 02:30 AM   #25
soulreapersteve
Contract? /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Drives: An orange cone with flappy paddles
Thanked 5,170 Times in 2,703 Posts
Mentioned: 126 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
*Walks into a house party with a baseball hat turned 45 degrees backwards*

"yo, yo, yo errbody! Steve in da hizzoouse and I just bought a Gripz!"

The Twins make me smile
soulreapersteve is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to soulreapersteve For This Useful Post:
MisterSheep (09-16-2015)
Old 09-16-2015, 05:18 AM   #26
reni
Nobody beats the B[I|R]Z

Drives: shopping cart i stole from walmart
Thanked 1,145 Times in 456 Posts
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

-- Niki Lauda
reni is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to reni For This Useful Post:
kodyo (09-17-2015), Noble713 (09-16-2015), soulreapersteve (09-16-2015)
Old 09-16-2015, 11:23 AM   #27
why?
Only happy when it rains.

Drives: series.blue
Thanked 1,263 Times in 749 Posts
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noble713 View Post

I see reports that it is coming, but they are having problems finding a good awd solution. The awd system in the GTR makes it impossible to have usable rear seating, and they want to use a system just as good.
why? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 11:45 AM   #28
MisterSheep
Killed Scion

Drives: 2013 FR-S Whiteout
Thanked 7,307 Times in 4,485 Posts
Mentioned: 334 Post(s)
Tagged: 185 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by soulreapersteve View Post
*Walks into a house party with a baseball hat turned 45 degrees backwards*

"yo, yo, yo errbody! Steve in da hizzoouse and I just bought a Gripz!"

Jeez @soulreapersteve .....

The jokes are baaaad.....
Originally Posted by KR-S 86 View Post
What are you talking about? You just killed one of the worst brands in history according to enthusiasts. People will be worshipping you like sheep.
MisterSheep is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MisterSheep For This Useful Post:
soulreapersteve (09-16-2015)