follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment

Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment Anything related to in-car electronics, navigation, and infotainment.

User Tag List

Old 03-09-2014, 06:43 PM   #1
nabil_frs

Drives: Argento FR-S
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
FRS Fuel Kill Switch?

Hey guys, My 2013 Toyota Venza was stolen off my drive my last week and its got me thinking that my Fr-s could one day be a victim as well. Has anyone installed any kind of Battery or Fuel Kill switches to prevent theft ? I dont really wanna go into any high end Security system something simple like a hidden switch would do fine

thanks
nabil_frs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 11:31 AM   #2
Flosstradamus

Drives: 2014 Whiteout Scion FRS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
I actually just got my FRS and i was reading through the manual that came with the car and the car does have an anti-theft system. There is a way to set it up in 3 different modes. One of the modes shuts the fuel pump off and it also shuts off the ignition and it requires the master key of course to reset it. I'm at work right now but after I get out I'll take some screenshots with my phone and post it here unless you figure it out already. Hope this helps.

Also the button you press for that is the little red button above the DRL switch.
Flosstradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 08:11 PM   #3
ScorpionOzzy

Drives: Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
The car already has a fuel cut, if you don't use the proper chipped key it won't start, so odds are that your venza got stolen with a tow truck. If they want it, they'll take it. Just make sure it's well insured.
ScorpionOzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 06:30 PM   #4
philooo

Drives: 13' Scion FRS Track car
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
does anybody knows where are the fuel and ignition cutoff switch in the fuse box ?

adding an additional manual switch on these would definitely be the best theft deterrent.

you know the days thieves have a bunch of gadget to tap into our cars. the best prevention is a simple hidden switch they they can't waste time finding.
Old 07-09-2015, 08:36 PM   #5
zkv476

Drives: 2014 SWP BRZ, MT
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
People don't steal cars away by driving them away these days. Almost all recently made cars are ECU immobilized if you don't have the key.

But to answer your original question, there's a fuse called F/PMP that in the engine bay fuse box that controls the fuel pump. You can also kill the EFI circuits which are to the ECU.

edit: typo

Last edited by zkv476; 07-09-2015 at 10:34 PM.
zkv476 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 08:45 PM   #6
philooo

Drives: 13' Scion FRS Track car
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
thanks @zkv476, for the info on the fuse

about stealing cars you know these days thieves are really into the tech aspect.

I remember a few years ago BMW were vulnerable to a simple too you insert in the OBDII plug and thieves were able to program new keys. better safe than sorry. also work if someone steal your keys when you are away from home.