follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting)

Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) Discussions about cosmetic mods.

User Tag List

Old 04-30-2015, 09:12 AM   #155
HunterGreene
Hail Magnet

Drives: Firestorm FR-S: "Artemis"
Thanked 3,195 Times in 1,633 Posts
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sexyvortex711 View Post
Here is a picture of a silver brz with the red and chrome Valenti tail lights. I love the way they look I was worried about the the chrome being too much but it is subtle. Also a lot people mistake my car for an Audi oddly.
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
I get my set tomorrow!

Those look great, thanks for the pictures!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
It has priests in it?
HunterGreene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 11:19 AM   #156
brandonblt2
The Stig's African Cousin

Drives: 2014 wrb brz
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Here's mine
Attached Images

brandonblt2 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to brandonblt2 For This Useful Post:
BeRZed (05-01-2015), DuMa (04-30-2015)
Old 04-30-2015, 02:15 PM   #157
continuecrushing

Drives: 2013 Firestorm FRS
Thanked 2,144 Times in 1,003 Posts
Mentioned: 73 Post(s)
every color is awesome haha. I almost wanna buy multiple sets and switch them out as I feel like it lol
continuecrushing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 02:49 PM   #158
HunterGreene
Hail Magnet

So is install fairly straightforward, or are there certain tips or warnings you would give when it comes to removing/installing?
Quote:
It has priests in it?
Old 04-30-2015, 03:36 PM   #159
sexyvortex711

Drives: 2015 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
The install is really easy but there are no instructions with the lights. All you do is pop the trunk take out the three little pins holding the plastic trunk center, remove the carpet spare tire cover and than pull back the carpet lining behind the brake lights by taking more little pins out. You can remove the whole trunk carpet lining to make it even easier but I was too lazy. On the bolts it's hard to get a socket on them so I had to use an open wrench but be careful not to let the nuts fall in to the abyss of the wheel well and make sure the lights are snug. Lastly the wires are held in to the old lights by a clip i broke both of mine which is not suppose to happen but I just zip tied it. There is a YouTube video of how to do it here it is [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuGqKRxEVbE"]Toms Tail light install - Subaru BRZ - YouTube[/ame].

TLDR The install is easy just use an open wrench and be careful with the nuts and clips holding the wires.
sexyvortex711 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sexyvortex711 For This Useful Post:
HunterGreene (04-30-2015)
Old 04-30-2015, 03:52 PM   #160
HunterGreene
Hail Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterGreene View Post
So is install fairly straightforward, or are there certain tips or warnings you would give when it comes to removing/installing?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sexyvortex711 View Post
The install is really easy but there are no instructions with the lights. All you do is pop the trunk take out the three little pins holding the plastic trunk center, remove the carpet spare tire cover and than pull back the carpet lining behind the brake lights by taking more little pins out. You can remove the whole trunk carpet lining to make it even easier but I was too lazy. On the bolts it's hard to get a socket on them so I had to use an open wrench but be careful not to let the nuts fall in to the abyss of the wheel well and make sure the lights are snug. Lastly the wires are held in to the old lights by a clip i broke both of mine which is not suppose to happen but I just zip tied it.[/url].

TLDR The install is easy just use an open wrench and be careful with the nuts and clips holding the wires.
Thanks for the help--I meant to ask as well, will I need to replace my flasher relay with the valentis as well, or did they just compensate for it by adding a resistor or something?

If not, besides a google search, where is a place I could find a replacement relay for a good price?
Quote:
It has priests in it?
Old 04-30-2015, 04:04 PM   #161
hsolo

Drives: 2014 FR-S Whiteout, 2018 BMW M2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
No need to do anything with the indicators. Plug 'n play......the indicators will still flash
hsolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 04:08 PM   #162
continuecrushing

Drives: 2013 Firestorm FRS
Thanked 2,144 Times in 1,003 Posts
Mentioned: 73 Post(s)
Quote:
Quote:
Thanks for the help--I meant to ask as well, will I need to replace my flasher relay with the valentis as well, or did they just compensate for it by adding a resistor or something?

If not, besides a google search, where is a place I could find a replacement relay for a good price?
like @sexyvortex711 said, install is fairly straight forward. Just make sure the foam gasket on the back doesnt get torn/ripped or folded over weird.

No relay is need, as the tail lights have the proper resistors already installed inside. If you do need a relay though(switchbacks etc) a Diode Dynamics relay is always a solid bet(warranty, easy install). Hit up Jurrian @ModBargains.com if you need assistance.

@Diode Dynamics
continuecrushing is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to continuecrushing For This Useful Post:
Old 04-30-2015, 07:41 PM   #163
GregV

Drives: Kia Stinger GT2
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Hope their new gaskets work as advertised. I have some of the original CRs that turned in to fish bowls (literally over 1.5" of water in the lens overnight) and the condensation just never dissipated, so now I'm back to stock.

Make sure you get them replaced ASAP if you have a problem because they will not after 1yr.

6 months after purchase, passenger side:

14 months later, driver's side:
GregV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 08:55 PM   #164
chubky

Drives: 2014 Scion FR-S Monogram
Quote:
Don't forget the rubber piece behind it. I for some reason didn't realize they should stay on to keep water out. Other than that, it's a really easy install
chubky is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to chubky For This Useful Post:
Old 04-30-2015, 09:41 PM   #165
HunterGreene
Hail Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregV View Post
Hope their new gaskets work as advertised. I have some of the original CRs that turned in to fish bowls (literally over 1.5" of water in the lens overnight) and the condensation just never dissipated, so now I'm back to stock.

Make sure you get them replaced ASAP if you have a problem because they will not after 1yr.

6 months after purchase, passenger side:

14 months later, driver's side:
I think earlier in the thread it was mentioned that the gaskets have been updated to an improved seal. But thanks for the heads up regardless!
Quote:
It has priests in it?
Old 04-30-2015, 11:16 PM   #166
Poodles

Drives: 2015 Series.Blue
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quote:
Read the TSB about the torque spec on the nuts that hold the tail lights in and follow it. Don't overtorque them.

The harness holders won't attach to the end of the studs on the new lights (stock studs are threaded all the way to the end, Valenti's aren't). It's not really an issue though as you can use other ways to fix them if needed.

The lower reverse light is the hardest part of the install if you end up doing it.

Quote:

Not needed as they have a load resistor already installed (my hunch is that it's in the long skinny box on the back of the tail light). If you want a good flasher though, I recommend TapTurn.

Quote:

They come with better gaskets than the stockers. Also, replacement and warranty is through the vendor, so it depends where you buy...

I will say it's a bit odd how everyone ignored Valenti's post... One only has to look at Valenti's official page to see what versions they make.
Poodles is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Poodles For This Useful Post:
HunterGreene (05-01-2015), LED86 (05-07-2015)
Old 05-01-2015, 04:06 PM   #167
sallgoodman123

Drives: FT86
Quote:

Put a teeny rubber duck in there and start a new trend.
sallgoodman123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 05:15 PM   #168
HunterGreene
Hail Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by sallgoodman123 View Post
Put a teeny rubber duck in there and start a new trend.
Funny enough that I have them, but just in case...
(there should be a photo, not sure why it didn't work)
Quote:
It has priests in it?

Tags
lighting, tail light, taillight, valenti