follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > CANADA > Canada Classifieds

User Tag List

Old 02-26-2015, 03:01 PM   #1
IIDutch

Drives: 2014 Firestorm FRS
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
WTB Coilovers, Catback, Front/over Pipe, Shark Fin, Roof Spoiler

Hey guys, looking for a few items here, so if you have these let me know, I'm looking for decent prices can can fluctuate so the budgets set are not firm, so if you have say an Ark DT-S catback I can pay extra for stuff that's worth more.

Coilovers - looking to spend around $700
Catback - Dual Burnt Tips exhausts around $600-$700
Front Pipe Over Pipe - Leaning toward one piece front pipes, looking around $300 or under $900 for a full headerback
Shark Fin - Color doesn't matter, around $50
Roof Spoiler - want a lip style not a fin style, color doesnt matter, around $75

Located in Saskatchewan
IIDutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 06:09 PM   #2
Artvark

Drives: '14 Brz
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
You can get a new set of non adjustable dampening coils for around 700 if you look, brz world had some for 622. Tein street basis, looking to pick up a set myself tbh
Artvark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 08:26 PM   #3
wbradley
Sarcastic SOB

Drives: '13 FR-S M6, '23 Volvo V60 CC
Thanked 2,850 Times in 1,639 Posts
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Garage
You can get a Visual Garage shark fin for around $100 CDN including a fresh 3M gasket and colour as required.
5:AD kit, HKS V1+ S/C, ECUtek dyno'd, Ohlins MP20, Magnaflow cb, Revworks UEL, Topspeed overpipe, Pinnacle Ceramic tint, VG shark fin, HID's, yellow DRL's, full LEDs, red floor lights, Homelink mirror, trunk lid liner, Perrin LWCP, Valenti smoked, Flossy Grip Tape Shorty, GT86 plaque, lighted vanity mirror, Michelin PSS, Project mU +800, DOT4 fluid, 720 Form GTF1 17x8&9, stitched leather bits, EZ valve.

Last edited by wbradley; 02-26-2015 at 08:41 PM.
wbradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 08:29 PM   #4
Bergen23
Banned

Drives: '15 Halo FR-S
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Once my new exhaust comes in, I'll have a Spec-D Catback with burnt tips for sale. Super cheap, like 200. Should be in a week or two
Bergen23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 09:14 PM   #5
IIDutch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artvark View Post
You can get a new set of non adjustable dampening coils for around 700 if you look, brz world had some for 622. Tein street basis, looking to pick up a set myself tbh
I'm aware of cheaper coilovers, I've looked at options and less expensive coilovers won't do it for me and neither will non adjusting ones, I will be tracking and drifting the car heavily

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbradley View Post
You can get a Visual Garage shark fin for around $100 CDN including a fresh 3M gasket and colour as required.
I'm aware of new items that's are less expensive. There's a reason there less expensive, the visual garage is just an antenna cover and doesn't look very appeasing to me. I'm looking for used to find a good deal, if I don't I'll just buy new of what I'm looking for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergen23 View Post
Once my new exhaust comes in, I'll have a Spec-D Catback with burnt tips for sale. Super cheap, like 200. Should be in a week or two
Do you have photos of it? Sounds like a good place holder till I can get an Ark DT-S

Last edited by IIDutch; 02-26-2015 at 09:57 PM.
Old 02-26-2015, 09:30 PM   #6
Bergen23
Banned

@IIDutch no pictures of it right now, still on the car. Can get some pictures for you of it this weekend if you want.
Old 02-26-2015, 10:00 PM   #7
wbradley
Sarcastic SOB

Drives: '13 FR-S M6, '23 Volvo V60 CC
Thanked 2,850 Times in 1,639 Posts
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Garage
[QUOTE=IIDutch;2149005]

I the visual garage is just an antenna cover and doesn't look very appeasing to me. I'm looking for used to find a good deal, if I don't I'll just buy new of what I'm looking for.

/QUOTE]
I respect your opinion but the VG shark fin isn't just an antenna cover, it contains a fractal antenna inside it and gets excellent reception. If you don't care for the shape so be it. I thought you might appreciate the suggestion as a non matching colour and/or a replacement 3M gasket will defeat the savings on a used one and is inconvenient. You can also get the OEM one from the 2015 now. It is much slimmer and requires unbolting the existing antenna base from under the headliner. Covering the OEM base is why most non-OEMs look kinda fat but I really don't notice the difference between my 2 cars. Maybe Valenti or Modelista or Beatsonic. I try to buy from Canadian vendors. Good luck.
5:AD kit, HKS V1+ S/C, ECUtek dyno'd, Ohlins MP20, Magnaflow cb, Revworks UEL, Topspeed overpipe, Pinnacle Ceramic tint, VG shark fin, HID's, yellow DRL's, full LEDs, red floor lights, Homelink mirror, trunk lid liner, Perrin LWCP, Valenti smoked, Flossy Grip Tape Shorty, GT86 plaque, lighted vanity mirror, Michelin PSS, Project mU +800, DOT4 fluid, 720 Form GTF1 17x8&9, stitched leather bits, EZ valve.
wbradley is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to wbradley For This Useful Post:
IIDutch (02-28-2015)
Old 02-26-2015, 10:15 PM   #8
IIDutch

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbradley View Post
I respect your opinion but the VG shark fin isn't just an antenna cover, it contains a fractal antenna inside it and gets excellent reception. If you don't care for the shape so be it. I thought you might appreciate the suggestion as a non matching colour and/or a replacement 3M gasket will defeat the savings on a used one and is inconvenient. You can also get the OEM one from the 2015 now. It is much slimmer and requires unbolting the existing antenna base from under the headliner. Covering the OEM base is why most non-OEMs look kinda fat but I really don't notice the difference between my 2 cars. Maybe Valenti or Modelista or Beatsonic. I try to buy from Canadian vendors. Good luck.
Ah I had just read that it was an antenna cover, must have been them referring to it covers the base. I do appreciate the suggestion, I hadn't thought of the 3M double sided tape/gasket, however I am able to fabricate one at the body shop I work at. OEM might be a good option, doubt any 2015 owners would be selling there's though so if I can't find a used one I'll look into it! Thanks

Quote:
@IIDutch no pictures of it right now, still on the car. Can get some pictures for you of it this weekend if you want.
Sounds good thanks, are there any fitment issues? Just wondering since its a less expensive exhaust
Old 02-27-2015, 07:03 AM   #9
Bergen23
Banned

@IIDutch yes and no. Actual fitment and clearance? It's great. However, the exhaust hangers, one must have been welded a bit off as one can sits differently than the other. I've been meaning to fix it, but just been too cold lately.
Old 02-28-2015, 08:35 PM   #10
IIDutch

Quote:
@IIDutch yes and no. Actual fitment and clearance? It's great. However, the exhaust hangers, one must have been welded a bit off as one can sits differently than the other. I've been meaning to fix it, but just been too cold lately.
That's will work fine, I can reweld the hanger if need be. I'd like to buy it, with the silencers removed is it sorta like a muffler delete? I'm currently running borla uel headers and a custom dual burnt tip muffler delete and I love the sound, just my welder slopped out while welding it and burnt a huge hole in it needing to be filled it which pulled the pipe off its correct angle so it doesn't sit right.
Old 02-28-2015, 08:41 PM   #11
Bergen23
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by IIDutch View Post
That's will work fine, I can reweld the hanger if need be. I'd like to buy it, with the silencers removed is it sorta like a muffler delete? I'm currently running borla uel headers and a custom dual burnt tip muffler delete and I love the sound, just my welder slopped out while welding it and burnt a huge hole in it needing to be filled it which pulled the pipe off its correct angle so it doesn't sit right.
It just makes it a bit louder. I'm on stock headers, so its not crazy loud. Just gotta wait for my new exhaust to get in before I let it go.
Old 02-28-2015, 10:05 PM   #12
IIDutch

Quote:
It just makes it a bit louder. I'm on stock headers, so its not crazy loud. Just gotta wait for my new exhaust to get in before I let it go.
Sounds good, pm me when your ready