follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 01-03-2015, 11:08 AM   #1331
ThreeZzZ
Agent X

Drives: BRZ Sports Tech
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trev_brz View Post
Does anyone know if there's a way to turn the triptroinic off? Like when I use the paddles shifters, I only want to see the numbers, don't wanna see the M1 ? Hope someone can help
I doubt that my friend, coz that's the only way you know which shift are you driving in.
Plus, if you mean to get ride of that M or D; that I have no idea about
Either way,
Enjoy the ride man
ThreeZzZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 11:13 AM   #1332
ThreeZzZ
Agent X

Drives: BRZ Sports Tech
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hachi-Roku BRZ View Post
Hey everyone! Got my new 2015 BRZ....
Car is the limited but ive decided to add on the nearly all the accessories (aside from the sub-woofer and STI rims) and have done a full interior/exterior LED lighting, drop in filter, and some rokblokz mud flaps.
Already... Man you work fast... I am just enjoying the ride and going to switch things one at a time unless it has to be full necessary change....
POST some pics man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothenburg 07 View Post
Hey, everyone....enjoyed driving so much in my life!
You lucky guy. I still have to get all those things done and my co-owner just installed a DVD/Navigation System for about $1500.
Rest all is coming out of my pocket.
Enjoy buddy..
ThreeZzZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 07:48 AM   #1333
AmongstFrienemies

Drives: 2015 BRZ Dark Gray
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
WHASUP GUYZZZZ

Im from Seattle alright, so subaru runs in my blood. My dad had some kind of limited outback from the early 2000s. We would jam to Santana on the ride up to stevens pass.

From that one experience with subaru in my life, I decided to purchase a 2015 BRZ Dark Grey (ill learn the 3 letter abbreviations later) fresh off the lot a few weeks ago! I LOVE IT. I just want more. I'm thinking after a year or so I can turbo it, if I still have the same feelings. For now, I just want to get some better performance type wheels so I'll be making a new thread in a different forum section that is relevant to tires and wheels etc.

Currently Stationed at Fort Gordon, GA. Dont ask about my work because I dont like to talk about it!

Looking forward to this community!
AmongstFrienemies is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AmongstFrienemies For This Useful Post:
Denlin (01-11-2015)
Old 01-05-2015, 10:59 PM   #1334
Denlin
Can I drive?

Drives: 2015 Subaru BRZ Series Red :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jworl View Post
Thanks!

Looks great! Welcome
Old 01-09-2015, 12:43 AM   #1335
iboroje

Drives: Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Hey everyone!

I'm Igor from SF Bay Area.

Just got my 2015 BRZ two weeks back. It's white, premium model and got a really good price on it (end of the year I guess). Already signed up for track day in March.

Really excited to join this forum, lot of information .. spending lot of hours to catch up on my knowledge about everything it seems ..

Igor
iboroje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 09:49 AM   #1336
Since885

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
Even though it's snowing here I had to take the car for a cruise day. Really enjoy the feel and ride. Extremely excited for spring. True the stock tires are not great but on a clean Highway and side road I loved it. I've also experienced the crickets but they don't bother me. Mine seemed to happened when idle at a light but not until I was past 3/4 tank. I got the car at 5545 and hit the 6000 mark yesterday. Any issues experienced at this time I should look for? Not planning this car for a winter use but couldn't resist not driving it. And now I'm dreading putting it in the garage as planned.
Attached Images

Since885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 12:19 AM   #1337
bg451

Drives: 1992 Nissan 240sx
Yo, pretty new to the brz. I currently have a Nissan s13 with an sr20 swap, but its time for something radically different. I'm currently in the research phase and I'm heavily leaning towards a BRZ simply because its a fantastic base model to do whatever I want. The plan would be to turn the car into a "togue" monster, being able to carve canyons with ease.
bg451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 11:41 PM   #1338
Denlin
Can I drive?

Drives: 2015 Subaru BRZ Series Red :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bg451 View Post
Yo, pretty new to the brz. I currently have a Nissan s13 with an sr20 swap, but its time for something radically different. I'm currently in the research phase and I'm heavily leaning towards a BRZ simply because its a fantastic base model to do whatever I want. The plan would be to turn the car into a "togue" monster, being able to carve canyons with ease.
Do it. You won't But in all seriousness. Test drive. Buy. Thank Fuji Heavy
Old 01-18-2015, 10:33 AM   #1339
Lurkasaurus Rex

Drives: 2014 BRZ Limited
Hello everyone! Just got my BRZ ('14, Limited, SWP, 6MT) right before winter. Barely got it broken in before it got cold here in CT and I cannot wait for spring! I've spent the last 13 summers driving a Tundra and it will be so nice to be back in a RWD car.
Anyway, I had a fun couple thousand break in miles on those lovely Primacys, ripped them off and swapped on Arctic Alpins. Put on a Perrin plate kit (thank goodness I was able to get a car that's not already drilled for the plate), R/A mud guards are here, Im about to replace all the lights with LED and do the tail light to turn signal mod.
Two days ago at breakfast my wife says "Just grow a pair and pull the trigger on wheels and tires. Use the originals as winter wheels. If you're going to do it, might as well do it now.". I love my wife so I ordered Kosei K1's (17x8) and Conti extreme contacts in 225/45. I figure I'll buy stickier (and probably wider) tires when I go E85 or FI in a year or two, but these should be fun to wear out learning the car.

It's great to have found this forum. There is so much information here already. I'm on here every day looking something up. Thanks to everyone for contributing to my education!
Old 01-18-2015, 12:59 PM   #1340
Cnegron34

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ Limited GBS MT
Hey guys my name is Chuck and I'm from Pennsylvania. I just got a 2013 BRZ limited in GBS. I absolutely love the car! I'll probably be posting from time to time to get advice on different mods I might do to the car and I look forward to hearing you're opinions on everything.
Cnegron34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 01:16 PM   #1341
x1UP
One & Done (AOZORA)

Drives: '15 Series.Blue BRZ (WRB)
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cnegron34 View Post
Hey guys my name is Chuck and I'm from Pennsylvania. I just got a 2013 BRZ limited in GBS. I absolutely love the car! I'll probably be posting from time to time to get advice on different mods I might do to the car and I look forward to hearing you're opinions on everything.
Welcome friend! Ask away for any questions you might have, most of the people here are friendly and will answer any questions you have.

Make sure to use the SEARCH button too!
Old 01-18-2015, 02:25 PM   #1342
randombvr

Drives: 2015 BRZ
Hi All!

We're giving our Accord sport to my husband's sister and buying a BRZ. Picking it up next weekend! Can't wait to start learning from and contributing to this great community.
randombvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 09:45 PM   #1343
jcwhatup

Drives: BRZ Limited - World Rally Blue
Hey folks,

I've been following this forum for a while now and will pick up my BRZ next sunday at an Invoice Price! I was very surprised at the quality of the car let me say that it's much better in person than photos

San Jose, California
jcwhatup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 10:54 PM   #1344
x1UP
One & Done (AOZORA)

Drives: '15 Series.Blue BRZ (WRB)
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Welcome @randombvr and @jcwhatup! Make sure to post pics of your new rides when you get them!

Feel free to ask away any questions you might have.