|
||||||
| Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86 |
![]() |
|
|
Thread Tools | Search this Thread |
|
|
#1 |
|
DEEEERP
Join Date: Sep 2012
Drives: 2013 Whiteout FR-S 6MT
Location: Buzzards Bay, MA
Posts: 1,341
Thanks: 333
Thanked 913 Times in 434 Posts
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
|
Past to Present: AE86 to GT86 Shoot
Couple days ago I was contacted by the very talented Dan Mack, an All Star when it comes to automotive photography in the New England area. I had just landed from a night flight and did whatever I could to make this shoot when he said it involved a pristine AE86 Trueno. After an hour drive Dan got to work and basically made magic with little effort. I ended up getting home at 2:30am to only wake up 4 hours later for work. The fatigue paid off! Let me know what you guys think!!
__________________
Last edited by JDMenrique; 11-28-2014 at 09:30 PM. |
|
|
|
|
|
#2 |
|
AIM4APX
Join Date: Jun 2012
Drives: 2013 WRB BRZ Limited
Location: Milwaukee
Posts: 1,206
Thanks: 642
Thanked 749 Times in 324 Posts
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
|
Amazing shot. The contrast between the two is present but a similarity also exists as well. I think the photographer did a great job capturing both feelings.
__________________
"It's very difficult to present technology as an overtly positive sales device to people who want an emotional car" -Chris Harris
|
|
|
|
|
|
#3 |
|
One & Done (AOZORA)
Join Date: Jun 2014
Drives: '15 Series.Blue BRZ (WRB)
Location: New York City
Posts: 932
Thanks: 340
Thanked 217 Times in 160 Posts
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
|
Really nice photos! It's great to see the lineage here.
__________________
"I have the need....the need for speed! - Maverick (Top Gun)
![]() |
|
|
|
|
|
#4 |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Oct 2013
Drives: 2013 Scion FRS
Location: Toronto
Posts: 190
Thanks: 158
Thanked 93 Times in 53 Posts
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
|
Perfection
__________________
![]() 2013 Firestorm Scion FRS 2005 Civic SI Sedan- Sold 2004 Impreza WRX - Sold 1992 Civic Hatchback - Parted, RIP |
|
|
|
|
|
#5 |
|
Senior Member
|
I love that Corolla! I really miss my old 86.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#6 |
|
not playing cards
Join Date: Sep 2014
Drives: a 13 e8h frs
Location: vantucky, wa
Posts: 32,394
Thanks: 53,054
Thanked 37,230 Times in 19,309 Posts
Mentioned: 1118 Post(s)
|
Really nice. Thanks for sharing.
Dan didn't try very hard to hide his chubby over your wheels, though.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#7 |
|
DEEEERP
Join Date: Sep 2012
Drives: 2013 Whiteout FR-S 6MT
Location: Buzzards Bay, MA
Posts: 1,341
Thanks: 333
Thanked 913 Times in 434 Posts
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
|
thanks guys
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
#8 |
|
Member
Join Date: Sep 2013
Drives: FRS
Location: CA
Posts: 28
Thanks: 2
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
|
Nice pictures! I was surprised to see how wide the FRS is compared to it's grandfather. Also is that AE86 from guatemala?
|
|
|
|
|
|
#9 | |
|
DEEEERP
Join Date: Sep 2012
Drives: 2013 Whiteout FR-S 6MT
Location: Buzzards Bay, MA
Posts: 1,341
Thanks: 333
Thanked 913 Times in 434 Posts
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
|
Quote:
Its not! The owner is though, he said he likes putting the plate up for shoots. I highly recommend you guys at least check out his IG, his build is so sick!
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#10 |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Mar 2014
Drives: 2013 Firestorm
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 279
Thanks: 1,378
Thanked 125 Times in 67 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
|
Thanks for the new backgrounds. Simple yet clean..
|
|
|
|
|
|
#11 |
|
DEEEERP
Join Date: Sep 2012
Drives: 2013 Whiteout FR-S 6MT
Location: Buzzards Bay, MA
Posts: 1,341
Thanks: 333
Thanked 913 Times in 434 Posts
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
|
Thanks man, thats really the best compliment I can take. I've tried hard not to make this build overbearing to the point where it just becomes riced out.
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
#12 |
|
Member
Join Date: Oct 2014
Drives:
Posts: 27
Thanks: 50
Thanked 10 Times in 8 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
|
I think I found a new background =D
That Trueno is soo classy and I admire your build, I havn't seen an FR-S quite like it. |
|
|
|
|
|
#13 |
|
give us this day
Join Date: Jul 2012
Drives: AE86 - FRS
Location: Three Stars & A Sun
Posts: 404
Thanks: 138
Thanked 161 Times in 37 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
|
nice! i wish the firs had a full TRD kit instead... nonetheless great photoshoot!!
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
#14 |
|
No Money, No Problems
Join Date: Sep 2014
Drives: 2015 Scion FR-S (Halo White)
Location: Bakersfield, CA
Posts: 901
Thanks: 740
Thanked 678 Times in 354 Posts
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
|
I think I need a minute now... Good stuff.
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Similar Threads
|
||||
| Thread | Thread Starter | Forum | Replies | Last Post |
| Yellow GT86, AE86 & RX7 Drifting | TRD_86 | FR-S & 86 Photos, Videos, Wallpapers, Gallery Forum | 15 | 02-19-2013 12:49 AM |
| AE86 vs GT86 | nomuken | FR-S & 86 Photos, Videos, Wallpapers, Gallery Forum | 4 | 09-26-2012 11:38 PM |
| AE86 next to GT86 (FR-S) | Takeshi | FR-S & 86 Photos, Videos, Wallpapers, Gallery Forum | 20 | 09-12-2012 07:51 AM |
| FRS, AE86, GT86, FT86 Races on GT5 anyone? | FT-86GOD | Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum | 4 | 07-12-2012 05:04 AM |