follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 11-14-2014, 02:35 AM   #71
swpbrz

Drives: swp brz limited
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
High school kid driving car he didn't earn 2 levels up from the kind of beater he should have. That's called asking for it.
swpbrz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to swpbrz For This Useful Post:
chas3wba0 (11-14-2014), FyeaFRS (11-14-2014), gt8613 (11-19-2014), HUNTERANGEL121 (05-12-2015)
Old 11-14-2014, 03:28 AM   #72
calmtigers

Drives: 2014 Whiteout TRD FR-S 6MT
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Have him not park in the parking lot. Also might want to watch it yourself could be your kid putting in the dings.
"I love dinosaurs so much that I’ve based my life on burning as much black melted dinosaur flesh as I can on a daily basis...even the screaming sound of prehistoric reptilians being burnt through any of the classic Japanese four cylinders gives me great joy."
calmtigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 09:28 AM   #73
RojerLockless

Drives: Raven Fr-s
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
No offense but fuck that when I have kids they'll be riding a bike to school 10 miles each way uphill in the snow. Bhahaha it's laughable that they would think I'm buying them anything they don't earn themselves.
Old 11-14-2014, 09:48 AM   #74
GLADIATOR

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by swpbrz View Post
High school kid driving car he didn't earn 2 levels up from the kind of beater he should have. That's called asking for it.
Who says he hasn't earned it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RojerLockless View Post
No offense but fuck that when I have kids they'll be riding a bike to school 10 miles each way uphill in the snow. Bhahaha it's laughable that they would think I'm buying them anything they don't earn themselves.

Sounds like you hate your kids....
GLADIATOR is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to GLADIATOR For This Useful Post:
Annahra (11-14-2014), AZOOZ_95 (11-17-2014), extrashaky (11-14-2014), FR-BLESS (11-18-2014), Mr Kirmudget (11-14-2014), Pkush (11-14-2014), Tcoat (11-14-2014)
Old 11-14-2014, 09:50 AM   #75
GLADIATOR

Update: Spoke with the school this morning. They showed me how the surveilence cameras work and they are going to check.

I got there early and parked nearby. One kid saw me and I could tell he knew why I was there. We will see what the cameras pick up?
Old 11-14-2014, 09:53 AM   #76
FRSBRZGT86FAN

Drives: 2023 GR SUPRA,15 FR-S (SOLD)
Thanked 2,100 Times in 1,397 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLADIATOR View Post
Update: Spoke with the school this morning. They showed me how the surveilence cameras work and they are going to check.

I got there early and parked nearby. One kid saw me and I could tell he knew why I was there. We will see what the cameras pick up?
What car were you in? Maybe you've already sent a message not to screw with the car
*SOLD*OFT Stage 2 UEL E85/Nameless Performance 3 inch axleback with 5 inch mufflers/ TRD CAI / CNT UEL/ Cusco Strut BAR & LHD Brake Stop / "JDM" Toyota Badges / WinJet JDM headlights - DRL MOD from fteightysix.com - 5000K Diode Dynamics HID kit / Diode Dynamics LED interior Lights and sidemarker bulbs / JDM Clear Sidemarkers / Diode Dynamics LED switchbacks/ OLM LED rear turn signals / Tap Turn Relay*SOLD*
FRSBRZGT86FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 12:08 PM   #77
GLADIATOR

I was in a silver fusion about 15 parking spaces away. He looked right at me.
Old 11-14-2014, 12:16 PM   #78
FyeaFRS

Drives: 1992 Nissan Skyline GTS-t Type-M
This shit is classic
FyeaFRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 12:24 PM   #79
UtahSleeper

Drives: 80 Corolla 88 Celica Alltrac 13 FRS
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by swpbrz View Post
Who are you to say he didn't earn it?

And no, its not asking for it. We shouldn't have to make all our choices based on how others are going to act when it doesn't effect them.

I agree, a high schooler shouldn't have a newer car, but if they do the kids who mess with it should be punished and pay to fix it.
UtahSleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 12:47 PM   #80
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,286 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2497 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLADIATOR View Post

Ok I have been nice and didn't want to offend (won't be the first time so I can live with it) but how the hell could you "tell he knew why I was here"?
Because he "Looked right at" you??
Does he even know who you are?
Maybe he was thinking "well finally they are doing something about that jerk/bully/insert other things here" and made his Dad come in.
I am sure that you believe everything your son tells you but there is precedence of teenagers damaging their own cars and lying about it you know.
So far the damage has been so small it won't show up in pictures and only one thing a day so if it is vandalism they really suck at it.
Sounds more like "spirited" driving to me as I have the same little dings and know exactly how I caused them.

I don't know you or your son so could be so far out in left field that I can't even see the game but this constant barrage of hate towards the other kids could just be wrong.
Attached Images

GLADIATOR (11-14-2014)
Old 11-14-2014, 01:04 PM   #81
JERM^

Drives: WRB BRZ Aozora 15'
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Somehow I want to see how this turns out... I have a feeling it's himself swinging the bag full of text book into the door before it's fully open. These cars get dents pretty easily
JERM^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 01:10 PM   #82
GLADIATOR

It's a hunch it's this kid. He was the only one that noticed me and became nervous, I could tell.

One of the dents is in the middle of the hood.
The Following User Says Thank You to GLADIATOR For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (11-14-2014)
Old 11-14-2014, 01:25 PM   #83
dannythetran

Drives: Subaru BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
Ok I have been nice and didn't want to offend (won't be the first time so I can live with it) but how the hell could you "tell he knew why I was here"?
Because he "Looked right at" you??
Does he even know who you are?
Maybe he was thinking "well finally they are doing something about that jerk/bully/insert other things here" and made his Dad come in.
I am sure that you believe everything your son tells you but there is precedence of teenagers damaging their own cars and lying about it you know.
So far the damage has been so small it won't show up in pictures and only one thing a day so if it is vandalism they really suck at it.
Sounds more like "spirited" driving to me as I have the same little dings and know exactly how I caused them.

I don't know you or your son so could be so far out in left field that I can't even see the game but this constant barrage of hate towards the other kids could just be wrong.
You honestly think that spirited driving would cause a ding on the hood or under the driver mirror? OP stated that his kid is a straight honor student and a sports athlete. Not every teenager is the same as the ones you see on the news or hear about. I agree with everyone's post when they say it is due to jealousy. When I was in High school, I hated the kids that had the new accords or Acuras. I had to work hard for my 2001 Honda accord while in High School and seeing other kids during Acuras and Lexus made me feel jealous of their family's income but I never damaged anyone's cars. Plus, why would his son lie up to the principal. He would get in serious trouble and I'm sure he is smart enough to tell his Dad what happen instead of going through the whole process just to get in trouble.
dannythetran is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dannythetran For This Useful Post:
Choco (11-16-2014), GLADIATOR (11-14-2014)
Old 11-14-2014, 01:43 PM   #84
Ddreder

Drives: 2013 FR-S, 1990 Miata
Garage
I hate to see this happening to this beautiful car.. That being said I was in high school not to long ago and it always erked me to see kids rolling around in brand new cars/trucks that "at the time" cost unfathomable amounts of money. Its hard for me to think of any possible way for a kid to "earn" something that costs so much just by doing good in school and working a side job. Dont get me wrong, when I have a kid I will probably spoil (hopefully him lol) rotten and by the time he gets to high school I dont want to see him tooling around in a beater like I had to when I was in school just because my parents were poor. But my plan is to hopefully build something something that is cool and not just spend a lot of money and buy a new car. The only way to respect a car you drive is either by hand building it or forking out boatloads of your own money to buy it. Hell if we build something and it costs more than a new car then I could really care less because I know he will have the respect for the car. Also it should be less target-able since it will most likely be a really hopped up older car

Sorry for my rambling I just sympathize on both sides of the fence.. By no means is vandalism ever right. But circumstances that other kids are forced to deal with can breed mega jealousy especially when it comes to vehicles. And not every teenager has the same morale's to not be a dink that we do. Anyways I do hope you find the punk that did this but I would really consider going a different route for a highschooler vehicle.
Ddreder is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ddreder For This Useful Post:
GLADIATOR (11-14-2014)