follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting)

Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) Discussions about cosmetic mods.

User Tag List

Old 09-10-2014, 11:45 AM   #281
TIE Pilot

Drives: TIE interceptor; BRZ13
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diode Dynamics View Post
Hey @Lithium, we'd like to get involved to help with this project if possible, with production and distribution. We can really get the price down on this thing with a little investment on our end and I think there's an easier way to accomplish this altogether. Please send a PM or email us at contact@diodedynamics.com Much appreciated!

Paul
Product Development
Cheaper + easier + actually happening this year... Do it!!!
Old 09-10-2014, 02:15 PM   #282
Simon99

Drives: 2013 BRZ Limited WRB
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I love you @Diode Dynamics
This car has allowed car enthusiasts to come from all different walks of life, car cultures, and brands. Just as a panda is black, white, and Asian; the 86 is Toyota, Subaru, and downright fucking sexy.
Simon99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 05:07 PM   #283
CarzCarzCarz

Drives: 2014 WRB BRZ
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Hey @Lithium, we'd like to get involved to help with this project if possible, with production and distribution. We can really get the price down on this thing with a little investment on our end and I think there's an easier way to accomplish this altogether. Please send a PM or email us at contact@diodedynamics.com Much appreciated!

Paul
Product Development

Awesome of you Diode Dynamics! Please let this happen soon
CarzCarzCarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 07:38 PM   #284
Lithium

Drives: like an asshat
Sorry for the delay everyone. I don't mean to keep everyone waiting for this, I've been traveling around the country for the last month. As for the few who sent me PMs; I would love to reply but for some reason my inbox no longer exists (mods?). I wasn't able to source the correct connections to make this kit completely plug and play. This was a stipulation I wanted to stick to from the get go. I didn't want to use a single crimp or solder connection, so far that's been the down fall of this project. My alternative option required jumping fuses and left tons of room for error. Not that everyone on this forum isn't intelligent enough to accomplish that task; I just refuse to create something with the potential to make everyone unhappy. I don't feel like sourcing parts from junk yards for this project so until these connections are made available I decided I wont be doing them. I don't legally own this modification, if any vendors feel like stepping in be my guest. That being said I would love to help if possible. I apologize for holding everyone up and somewhat letting you down; I will close with this statement. If everyone comes to Albuquerque and line my street with BRZs I will personally do this install for every last one of you, make sure and bring beer.
Lithium is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Lithium For This Useful Post:
00NissanNinja (09-11-2014), amaciose (09-11-2014), chaoskaze (10-08-2014), FLYFISHR (09-10-2014), Grymm86 (09-11-2014), JEFFSTYLE (12-31-2014), lucid215 (09-15-2014), qitorr (09-11-2014), TIE Pilot (09-10-2014), unsurety (09-12-2014)
Old 09-10-2014, 08:05 PM   #285
Simon99

Drives: 2013 BRZ Limited WRB
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium View Post
Sorry for the delay everyone. I don't mean to keep everyone waiting for this, I've been traveling around the country for the last month. As for the few who sent me PMs; I would love to reply but for some reason my inbox no longer exists (mods?). I wasn't able to source the correct connections to make this kit completely plug and play. This was a stipulation I wanted to stick to from the get go. I didn't want to use a single crimp or solder connection, so far that's been the down fall of this project. My alternative option required jumping fuses and left tons of room for error. Not that everyone on this forum isn't intelligent enough to accomplish that task; I just refuse to create something with the potential to make everyone unhappy. I don't feel like sourcing parts from junk yards for this project so until these connections are made available I decided I wont be doing them. I don't legally own this modification, if any vendors feel like stepping in be my guest. That being said I would love to help if possible. I apologize for holding everyone up and somewhat letting you down; I will close with this statement. If everyone comes to Albuquerque and line my street with BRZs I will personally do this install for every last one of you, make sure and bring beer.
1 day 7 jour travel ... Yeah worth it
This car has allowed car enthusiasts to come from all different walks of life, car cultures, and brands. Just as a panda is black, white, and Asian; the 86 is Toyota, Subaru, and downright fucking sexy.
Simon99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 08:07 PM   #286
Zero90

Drives: "14 BRZ Limited - SWP
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quote:

What state?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zero90 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Zero90 For This Useful Post:
Lithium (09-11-2014)
Old 09-10-2014, 09:03 PM   #287
Diode Dynamics

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Thanked 1,761 Times in 877 Posts
Mentioned: 197 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Quote:
Looks like we're up to the plate- we have found one of the connectors and we'll be actually manufacturing the others that are not commercially available. I think with those pieces, it should still be the 100% plug-and-play kit you've envisioned. Hopefully we don't have to cut any corners.

Please PM me if you want any lighting or anything, you really got this figured out and off the ground. Hopefully our team can finish it up, and get this great, simple mod into the hands of enthusiasts. We'll credit you in all listings/documentation/guides for this product.

Paul
Product Development
Diode Dynamics is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to Diode Dynamics For This Useful Post:
amaciose (09-11-2014), Annahra (09-10-2014), edeekeos (10-04-2014), FLYFISHR (09-10-2014), fourvalleys (10-04-2014), Freude am Fahren (09-10-2014), Husker BRZ (09-10-2014), JEFFSTYLE (09-22-2014), Jmonty (09-11-2014), KelvinBRZ (09-11-2014), Lithium (09-11-2014), livert (09-10-2014), MooseWRX (09-11-2014), nocturne1 (09-11-2014), SPCorBUST (09-10-2014), Sportsguy83 (09-14-2014), t.chk (09-10-2014), TIE Pilot (09-10-2014), unsurety (09-12-2014), wrb (09-12-2014), xDucky (09-11-2014), Zero90 (09-10-2014), zoth (09-10-2014)
Old 09-11-2014, 12:31 AM   #288
KelvinBRZ
GBS Mafia Member

Drives: with Snow mode on
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
^this is why I buy my shit from them.

To @Lithium though, I appreciate your effort in trying to assemble something like this. It's not easy, I understand. But thanks for spearheading the mod, I'm sure the BRZ owners who receive this product (hopefully soon and reasonably priced) will be grateful you pushed for pnp to happen.

GBS Mafia
KelvinBRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KelvinBRZ For This Useful Post:
Diode Dynamics (09-14-2014), Lithium (09-11-2014)
Old 09-11-2014, 01:01 AM   #289
Lithium

Drives: like an asshat
Quote:
Looks like we're up to the plate- we have found one of the connectors and we'll be actually manufacturing the others that are not commercially available. I think with those pieces, it should still be the 100% plug-and-play kit you've envisioned. Hopefully we don't have to cut any corners.

Please PM me if you want any lighting or anything, you really got this figured out and off the ground. Hopefully our team can finish it up, and get this great, simple mod into the hands of enthusiasts. We'll credit you in all listings/documentation/guides for this product.

Paul
Product Development
I will keep that in mind for the future. I'm sure you guys can make this into a nice product. An honorable mention actually means a lot, thank you.
Lithium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 09:25 AM   #290
WWEVOX

Drives: White Lancer Evolution X
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:

Paul
Product Development
Does this mean you will be offering the connectors, pins, crimp tool, etc? I'd love to make a harness for my car with factory fit connectors.
WWEVOX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 12:27 PM   #291
Diode Dynamics

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWEVOX View Post
Does this mean you will be offering the connectors, pins, crimp tool, etc? I'd love to make a harness for my car with factory fit connectors.
You mean just the connectors? Yes, I think we probably can do that.

That is really just a matter of the logistics involved in offering more small pieces directly on our website, which we're trying to do for everything on our shelves. It seems like it's nothing, but when you have a whole shipping department, ecommerce team, and distribution warehouse, it takes time to get the listing on the website, get the SKUs into the system, and get our shipping guys trained to ensure accuracy. But I don't see any reason why we couldn't!
Old 09-12-2014, 07:24 PM   #292
Jmonty
Realtor/ Principal Broker

Drives: JRSC BRZ GBS LTD 2010 LTD Outback
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quote:
You mean just the connectors? Yes, I think we probably can do that.

That is really just a matter of the logistics involved in offering more small pieces directly on our website, which we're trying to do for everything on our shelves. It seems like it's nothing, but when you have a whole shipping department, ecommerce team, and distribution warehouse, it takes time to get the listing on the website, get the SKUs into the system, and get our shipping guys trained to ensure accuracy. But I don't see any reason why we couldn't!

so how soon do you think you will be ready to ship at what price?
Jmonty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 08:15 PM   #293
Diode Dynamics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmonty View Post
so how soon do you think you will be ready to ship at what price?
I can't make any estimate at price right now, and it depends what exactly you need. Timeframe would be 3-4 weeks.
Old 09-12-2014, 08:23 PM   #294
996garage

Drives: 03' NSX & 13' BRZ 6spd Ltd white
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Please add me to the list for the "Stage 1 - Stock" version. Thank you.
996garage is offline   Reply With Quote