follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 08-31-2014, 06:22 PM   #5559
Mr. Banana

Drives: A Rickshaw
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashikabi View Post
Hey guys. New here with my Hot Lava FR-S. Not a lot of mods yet but they are stacking up
Welcome! Hot Lava is definitely one of my top picks for this car... Way to be unique! You're right about the mods...And we have a very mod savvy community on board, as I've witnessed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennyhendrix View Post
hey everyone. iv had my 2015 halo for about 2weeks now. been enjoying every minute of it! and iv been addicted to this forum ever since I found it! lol
Hello there! As far as I've seen and researched, I really like the updated white exterior from Toyota / Subaru... Welcome, and this forum has been addicting for me as well.
Mr. Banana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 11:30 AM   #5560
p_mike_v

Drives: Scion FR-S
Garage
My Intro

Hello everyone, just getting into the wonderful world of cars here, so you can say I'm definitely a n00b. That being said my name's Mike from Louisiana, currently riding in a beat up pick up, should be changing today or sometime this week!!! Prepare yourselves for super-scrubbly questions, and thanks ahead of time!

p_mike_v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 01:39 PM   #5561
LucidMomentum
No Money, No Problems

Drives: 2015 Scion FR-S (Halo White)
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Hey All,

Picked up a 2015 FR-S in Halo White 3 weeks ago, but have been lazy in getting registered for the forums.

So far it's stock with the rear spoiler, TRD exhaust, brake pads, and sway bar. Love it but I can't wait to see what else it can do!

Mud flaps and interior LEDs arrive this week, and then I'll be looking into an intake. (CARB Legal though, as I am in Cali...)

Other interior / trim mods during the year, and when I get my student loans paid off / the warranty runs out / the tires wear down I'll be getting new rims, tires, and maybe a turbo, CARB legality notwithstanding. I'll probably be keeping the ride height stock as I drive it around some places with large speed bumps, unfortunately.

LucidMomentum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 03:01 PM   #5562
hot86lova

Drives:
Yea good luck with that
hot86lova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 04:52 PM   #5563
LucidMomentum
No Money, No Problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by hot86lova View Post
Yea good luck with that
The suspension, or the turbo? :p

I'm already being tempted by coilover options after seeing some of the threads here...

However I couldn't even get the intake financed at purchase due to CA's emission laws, which was a good thing in the end because I realized I could just find a CARB legal one and do it myself. Turbo may be off the table unless I move to a different state though.
Old 09-04-2014, 03:00 PM   #5564
wmak

Drives: Series Blue BRZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by LucidMomentum View Post
Hey All,

Picked up a 2015 FR-S in Halo White 3 weeks ago, but have been lazy in getting registered for the forums.

So far it's stock with the rear spoiler, TRD exhaust, brake pads, and sway bar. Love it but I can't wait to see what else it can do!

Mud flaps and interior LEDs arrive this week, and then I'll be looking into an intake. (CARB Legal though, as I am in Cali...)

Other interior / trim mods during the year, and when I get my student loans paid off / the warranty runs out / the tires wear down I'll be getting new rims, tires, and maybe a turbo, CARB legality notwithstanding. I'll probably be keeping the ride height stock as I drive it around some places with large speed bumps, unfortunately.

Welcome to the forums. Good to see someone from Bako on here.
wmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 05:19 PM   #5565
LucidMomentum
No Money, No Problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmak View Post
Welcome to the forums. Good to see someone from Bako on here.
Thanks! Haven't had time to take it down to L.A. yet but it drives really well in the Kern River field where I work. First '15 in town, which has actually caused me some financing issues. Gotta get it sorted out tomorrow apparently...

Last edited by LucidMomentum; 09-04-2014 at 05:44 PM.
Old 09-04-2014, 05:51 PM   #5566
wmak

Quote:
Thanks! Haven't had time to take it down to L.A. yet but it drives really well in the Kern River field where I work. First '15 in town, which has actually caused me some financing issues. Gotta get it sorted out tomorrow apparently...
I've seen a few other BRZs and FRSs in town, not many. I've been slowly breaking in mine to and from work. Was thinking of trying the Granite Road loop this weekend, but I might not be able to baby it then haha.
Old 09-04-2014, 05:58 PM   #5567
LucidMomentum
No Money, No Problems

Quote:
I've seen a few other BRZs and FRSs in town, not many. I've been slowly breaking in mine to and from work. Was thinking of trying the Granite Road loop this weekend, but I might not be able to baby it then haha.
Yeah I've probably seen about a dozen or so off hand, but no '15s yet besides mine apparently. That'll probably change by the holidays though.

That would make for a great photo shoot area, now that you mention it. I've just been babying it while they finish up the loan info - I got pre-approved online, but the dealer thought I meant at a local place, so it's been a paperwork nightmare for the past couple of weeks. Not to mention all the lifted brodozers around town that make me nervous at times...
Old 09-04-2014, 06:08 PM   #5568
wmak

Quote:
Yeah I've probably seen about a dozen or so off hand, but no '15s yet besides mine apparently. That'll probably change by the holidays though.

That would make for a great photo shoot area, now that you mention it. I've just been babying it while they finish up the loan info - I got pre-approved online, but the dealer thought I meant at a local place, so it's been a paperwork nightmare for the past couple of weeks. Not to mention all the lifted brodozers around town that make me nervous at times...
That sucks. I got my series blue from Colorado with Heuberger. My hassle was going to the DMV and smogging a brand new car. Cali has some stupid rules.
Old 09-04-2014, 06:13 PM   #5569
LucidMomentum
No Money, No Problems

Quote:
That sucks. I got my series blue from Colorado with Heuberger. My hassle was going to the DMV and smogging a brand new car. Cali has some stupid rules.
Yeah it was worth it to not have to drive though. They had one series blue in town but not the white version, so I went with the FR-S.

I agree though, CARB and the rest of the CA rules suck. Luckily the FR-S has been out long enough that I can get an intake and a supercharger down the line and still be "legal" :p The FR-S is exempt for 5 years though, which is nice.

So do I post in Nor Cal or So Cal? Bakersfield is literally in between LA and SF lol.
Old 09-04-2014, 06:17 PM   #5570
wmak

Quote:
Yeah it was worth it to not have to drive though. They had one series blue in town but not the white version, so I went with the FR-S.

I agree though, CARB and the rest of the CA rules suck. Luckily the FR-S has been out long enough that I can get an intake and a supercharger down the line and still be "legal" :p The FR-S is exempt for 5 years though, which is nice.

So do I post in Nor Cal or So Cal? Bakersfield is literally in between LA and SF lol.
That one, I don't know either. Although I see more central cali posts in the NorCal Section. Just a matter of what you want to do I guess. Meets and events in SoCal are probably closer to us location wise.
Old 09-07-2014, 02:48 AM   #5571
k_mono_FRS

Drives: 94 EG6 si, 97 DelSol si, 14 Monogra
Sup everyone!

I'm new to this forum but not new to the tuning community. I've been in the Honda camp since 1994 but decided to go a different route soooo....
I recently purchased a new 2014 Scion FRS Monogram in WhiteOut on August 21.
So far I purchased:
-optional armrest from Toyota
-mud guards
-RS-R Sport i coilovers
-Tom's JDM all red tail lights
The car came packaged with optional fog lights, and TRD exhaust.
I'm very pleased with the car and am glad to be a part of the forum! THANKS!!
k_mono_FRS is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to k_mono_FRS For This Useful Post:
Davev (09-07-2014), kendalldwhite (09-07-2014), Lonewolf (09-16-2014)
Old 09-07-2014, 11:55 AM   #5572
hot86lova

Drives:
nice
hot86lova is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
6mt, bot. report?, frs, notreally, turbo