follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List

Old 08-07-2014, 11:47 PM   #5139
choi0706

Drives: t
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Pm me your address pay for shipping I can send you a couple.. I bought the huge box..
choi0706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 04:27 AM   #5140
sam69

Drives: GT 86
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexisfire02 View Post
Sprintex already has 69mm pulleys for the 210. And looking at the spec sheet for the 335, a 68mm is right at the limit of the max spin speed of that blower. So a 69mm is the perfect size to make. I've tried 80, 75, and 72 pulleys so far on the 335. We actually have a 69mm and 68mm that we are going to do runs with next week.

Do you have a build thread for your car and the 335 alexisfire ?
sam69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 08:40 PM   #5141
DeliciousTuning
PhoneFlash by EcuTeK

Drives: Edelbrock Equipped - Subaru BRZ
Thanked 1,683 Times in 581 Posts
Mentioned: 403 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Just got around to base lining our BRZ with the 69mm pulley on the 8.65 tune running only an AirAid Intake, Innovate Supercharger and Laminova Intercooler with the 69mm pulley. Everything else on the vehicle power wise is stock. Below are the results on E85 and 91 octane.

Delicious Tuning Version 8.65 Tune on E85, 69mm versus 70mm

Delicious Tuning Version 8.65 Tune on 91 Octane, 69mm versus 70mm

The 91 octane tune looks a little rough in this dyno chart but for reference this is the older 8.59 tune which has now been updated to 8.65 and is a bit smoother.

So this equates to about 10-13 horsepower increase on a dyno jet on E85 fuel. On 91 octane it will be around 7-10 at peak.

Also on E85 we are hitting about 85% duty cycle on 80% ethanol. So if you get ethanol closer to E90 you will be at the limit of the injectors. Just as an FYI. The 68mm pulley, though might make more power, might be pushing it a little too far. But, as you know we are now working on that next. LOL

Cheers,
William Knose
Delicious Tuning
DeliciousTuning is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DeliciousTuning For This Useful Post:
Dustin (08-08-2014)
Old 08-08-2014, 08:44 PM   #5142
DeliciousTuning
PhoneFlash by EcuTeK

Drives: Edelbrock Equipped - Subaru BRZ
Thanked 1,683 Times in 581 Posts
Mentioned: 403 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CK_Bladesmith View Post
So if we buy this should we use the belt that came with the kit or the smaller blue gates racing belt...?

Edit: Also how much power and torque are gained from this compared to the 70mm pulley on 93 octane?
Results are better than I thought. LOL see post above.
DeliciousTuning is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DeliciousTuning For This Useful Post:
CK_Bladesmith (08-08-2014)
Old 08-08-2014, 10:42 PM   #5143
Raven604

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Dammit just give me the 210+ already so I can get on with my life.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
Raven604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 10:43 AM   #5144
sickmint79

Drives: bmw
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
hi guys looking for some advice wit plans to get the twin screw intercooled kit next year.

1. i see people getting the dw fuel pump upgrade, is this only necessary for e85? any other mods needed/good for e85 (injectors?)
2. how many people just stick with 93 and why? given the location of filling stations and the extra things to support e85 it seems i may just stick with 93 octane gas here in IL/midwest.
3. given different exhaust mods or oem how does a tuner's downloadable map handle all the possible combos?
4. what supporting exhaust mods are advised? should these be done prior to sc install?
5. i see the bolts on the manifold occasionally break, are there any harder ones advised to replace them with that have been found?
6. i plan on doing the forester oem type oil cooler kit, anyone have track temperature numbers with this setup? solo dl posted 270-277 my last time at the track (all n/a, no kit)
7. radiator upgrade must/nice to have?
8. advised intake vs. stock - does it help, which? i see delicious specifically calls out a perrin 3" CAI
9. seems the 69mm pulley on stage 2 kit is the new way to go?
10. i have 225 direzzas, will this push me to 235 245 for suresies? think i'll need to buy wider wheels (have 17x7.5 now)

thanks.
sickmint79 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sickmint79 For This Useful Post:
TONYpepperon1 (08-09-2014)
Old 08-09-2014, 11:43 AM   #5145
mikalem

Drives: 2013 WRB BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickmint79 View Post
hi guys looking for some advice wit plans to get the twin screw intercooled kit next year.

1. i see people getting the dw fuel pump upgrade, is this only necessary for e85? any other mods needed/good for e85 (injectors?)
2. how many people just stick with 93 and why? given the location of filling stations and the extra things to support e85 it seems i may just stick with 93 octane gas here in IL/midwest.
3. given different exhaust mods or oem how does a tuner's downloadable map handle all the possible combos?
4. what supporting exhaust mods are advised? should these be done prior to sc install?
5. i see the bolts on the manifold occasionally break, are there any harder ones advised to replace them with that have been found?
6. i plan on doing the forester oem type oil cooler kit, anyone have track temperature numbers with this setup? solo dl posted 270-277 my last time at the track (all n/a, no kit)
8. advised intake vs. stock - does it help, which? i see delicious specifically calls out a perrin 3" CAI
10. i have 225 direzzas, will this push me to 235 245 for suresies? think i'll need to buy wider wheels (have 17x7.5 now)

thanks.
1. Not needed, at least with the 210 - I run flex fuel and haven't changed any of the fueling system.
2. 93 works, E85 is great though - if you have the cash I'd hit up either moto-east for their plug and play kit, or keep an eye out for Bill's.
3. I'm under the impression that some tuners add some can timing changes, others not so much - Bills mentioned at one point he lost power on an after market header. Seems going thoughts are choose exhaust based on personal sound preference first. That said I like my setup and I've been completely remote tuned.
4. See 3.
5. Seems innovate had a bad early batch - there's a post a few million pages back that listed the bolts, I believe they are M6x20. I had a few break on me going from stage 1 to 2 - save yourself the headache and just get the innercooler out of the gate.
6. I want to do the same - had the Perrin setup and it got way too cold over the winter.
7. Seems to be a nice to have, at least for street/daily - others I'm sure can provide more input
8. 3 inch CAI from Perrin, or if you don't like having to remove the bumper look into moto-easts intake - so far it seems to be holding up nicely for me
9. I have the 70mm - if you are going with a smaller pulley with just 93 the innercooler is a must - I wouldn't risk it. 69mm I think Bill is the only one with a tune ready to go with it.
10. I have 18x8 235s in the rear and they still break loose - not a bad idea probably.

Good luck with the kit! Its lots of fun
mikalem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 05:26 PM   #5146
MINOCIN

Drives: Asphalt 2013 FR-S
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:

thanks.
1. According to Bill's post above it sounds like the 69mm pulley is getting close to the limit of the injectors with E85.
2. Unfortunately I live in CA so I have to deal with 91 octane. I'm new to car modding and this is my first FI car, so I decided to stick with pump gas for now instead of E85. My main reasons being convenience, there aren't any gas stations that I know of that carry E85 around where I live and all the tracks that I go to serve 100 octane but not E85. One of the main reasons why I purchased my FRS was because I wanted a car that I could enjoy at the track. ECUTek provides 4 maps, maps 1 & 2 are for 91 octane and maps 3 & 4 are for 93 octane.
3. I can't really say. I took my car into the shop to have it tuned by Bill on the Dyno. Although, he did recently send out a bunch of updates for people asking for the latest tune. The man is dedicated to the platform and to his craft.
4. In Bills post above you can see that he made good power with only the pulley and air intake. Some quality headers might bump that up a bit if you're interested. If I recall correctly most headers help improve the area under the curve as opposed to adding gobs of peak power. Which is nice because it means you have more usable power throughout the rev range. I would recommend that you continue to research this and then decide if the money is worth the bump in power. If you do decide to upgrade the exhaust, primarily the headers, then I would recommend having them ceramic coated as the engine bay is already oven with the stock headers and heat shield.
5. Yes, bolts break. I had one break recently after about 3 month (less than 4,599 miles) of having the kit installed. Additionally, check the gear oil level in the super charger frequently. Heck, check it when the package first arrives before even installing it. I already had to replace my oil. The manual calls for a check every 5,000 miles or after every tracking event and replacing it every 30,000 miles, but a few members here have noted that their kits go through oil quick.
6 & 7. I would say that an oil cooler, radiator and oil catch can/tank are better supporting mods for this kit than exhaust. Not for power of course but to help protect the engine. I have a 16 row Setrab radiator placed under the passenger headlight. I need to make a shroud to channel more air directly to it though. Oil temps range from 240-255 F when sitting in traffic or canyon carving. As soon as traffic starts moving though (40+ mph), then the temperatures quickly drop to about 215 F. In canyons, the temps will go down when driving thru sections of straight road. When the car is taking 15-35 mph curves it doesn't seem like any air is getting to my oil cooler. Unfortunately I haven't been logging my radiator coolant temps regularly enough. All I can say is that I have yet to see/hear my radiator fans turn on except for after some track sessions.
8. I'm still stock but I'm looking to switch to possibly the Perrin. I don't want to have to change my bumper each time I replace/clean my air filter but unfortunately my oil cooler sandwich plat leaves little room for anything else.
9. If I recall correctly it used to be that the intercooled kits had trouble with the smaller pulleys when they first came out, but now it looks like Delicious and Moto-East have squared away those intial issues. I'm looking forward to upgrading to a smaller pulley myself in the future.
10. This kit will not make your car torquey like a Mustang, Genesis Coupe or Z. Power delivery is very progressive and predictable. My daily wheels & tires are 18x7.5 on 225 RS3s and traction is not a problem for normal and fast driving. Although, for shits & giggles I did go to a drag strip and I was having trouble getting my daily tires to hookup, but that was driver error & inexperience. Personally, I would not recommend dragging the car too much with sticky tires anyway. It's really hard on the drivetrain and the transmission gets really hot while you wait in line for your next turn. My track wheels are 17x8 on 235 NT01s and the car really sticks. Taking a turn in second gear with too much throttle input can easily cause the back end to step out a bit, but it is easily correctable and the chassis communicates so well at the track. If the rear end breaks loose then it's because of the driver and not the car. Save your money and stick with the 17x7.5 wheels and 225 tires. I will admit though that wide wheels and tires look absolutely gorgeous on our cars

Despite some of its flaws I really think you'll love this kit. I know I love mine. The car now not only looks sexy on the outside but under the hood as well

"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." -Oscar Gamble
MINOCIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 07:20 PM   #5147
Xero-Limit

Drives: JDL Turbo FRS, 335SC BRZ (ret)
Thanked 1,547 Times in 525 Posts
Mentioned: 380 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)
If you're waiting for next year than all the answers to your questions will undoubtedly change by the time you get one, if they are still around

But the big things are get the kit, e85 for more hp if you have it, otherwise expect 220 or so on 91 octane, 240 intercooled with a 70mm or 69mm pulley between the two. We see ~1.5 psi difference for every 2.5mm, so 69 vs 70 will really just shift the powerband using the 210, and add about 0.6 psi. Remember you're airflow limited, not boost limited. With the 70 you're already past the blower's redline by 7k. A 64mm pulley was even made last year, and it fell on its face by 6500 rpm or so. We spin ours to 7850 and usable power is there nearly all the way with the 70mm and e85. On pump I prefer the 72.5 pulley as it makes a for a better heat-to-boost ratio.

Now the unicorn 210+ may have a different outcome.

Otherwise it is a fully reliable setup, and you have to use it for what it is--a great street setup with a moderate increase. If you do track time you'll want the oil cooler and radiator. But you won't do too much track time on the stock kit on pump gas. Too much heat builds up lap after lap.

Stick some ethanol in it, 70mm pulley, and it is shameless good fun. No worries about heat, 40 more HP, and use it on track all you want (with an oil cooler and/or radiator depending on climate). Super easy to drive setup.

Heat, poor octane, higher HP goals, track use...there's other options.

Quote:

thanks.
Xero-Limit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 07:39 PM   #5148
sickmint79

Drives: bmw
how much heat are we talking about? can it be reduced other ways (vented hood?) i just checked and the tracks i go to don't have e85 very close and i'm not a big fan of having to store/bring gas or live my life around which gas stations i'm allowed to go to.
sickmint79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 07:41 PM   #5149
stevo585

Drives: White 2014 BRZ
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by moto-mike View Post
If you're waiting for next year than all the answers to your questions will undoubtedly change by the time you get one, if they are still around

But the big things are get the kit, e85 for more hp if you have it, otherwise expect 220 or so on 91 octane, 240 intercooled with a 70mm or 69mm pulley between the two. We see ~1.5 psi difference for every 2.5mm, so 69 vs 70 will really just shift the powerband using the 210, and add about 0.6 psi. Remember you're airflow limited, not boost limited. With the 70 you're already past the blower's redline by 7k. A 64mm pulley was even made last year, and it fell on its face by 6500 rpm or so. We spin ours to 7850 and usable power is there nearly all the way with the 70mm and e85. On pump I prefer the 72.5 pulley as it makes a for a better heat-to-boost ratio.

Now the unicorn 210+ may have a different outcome.

Otherwise it is a fully reliable setup, and you have to use it for what it is--a great street setup with a moderate increase. If you do track time you'll want the oil cooler and radiator. But you won't do too much track time on the stock kit on pump gas. Too much heat builds up lap after lap.

Stick some ethanol in it, 70mm pulley, and it is shameless good fun. No worries about heat, 40 more HP, and use it on track all you want (with an oil cooler and/or radiator depending on climate). Super easy to drive setup.

Heat, poor octane, higher HP goals, track use...there's other options.

So it sounds like the phantom ESC is pretty equivalent in output.
stevo585 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 07:47 PM   #5150
Xero-Limit

Drives: JDL Turbo FRS, 335SC BRZ (ret)
Thanked 1,547 Times in 525 Posts
Mentioned: 380 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevo585 View Post
So it sounds like the phantom ESC is pretty equivalent in output.
Definitely not! Without turning this into a one kit vs the other thread, I'd much prefer a twin screw over an esc by far. Much more to a whole system then just numbers on a single dyno pull. Efficiency, durability, and power delivery are a big factor here.
Xero-Limit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 07:48 PM   #5151
CK_Bladesmith

Drives: Raven FR-S
Quote:
Definitely not! Without turning this into a one kit vs the other thread, I'd much prefer a twin screw over an esc by far. Much more to a whole system then just numbers on a single dyno pull. Efficiency, durability, and power delivery are a big factor here.

Don't forget about that awesome twin screw whine!
Raven FR-S mods: Unichip, Ground Control street coilovers with camber plates and strut tower brace, SPC Lca's, Drag DR-38 wheels with Dunlop Direzza DZ101s, Perrin CAI and silicone inlet tube, Perrin 3" resonated catback, Perrin high flow catted front pipe, Rev Works UEL header.
CK_Bladesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CK_Bladesmith For This Useful Post:
Xero-Limit (08-09-2014)
Old 08-09-2014, 07:56 PM   #5152
stevo585

Drives: White 2014 BRZ
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
I'm not biased here just stating they seem to dyno about the same numbers. You gotta love than whine though!

Also if their the same in hp how is it vs.? Only talking dyno numbers not the systems
stevo585 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2 whp better than n/a e85, 2 whp? you're an idiot., 2screwsbetterthan0screw, 65 whp better than na e85, bspt fittings ftl, hate u all me no have sc, im just here for the tags, inorite!, it's no turbo but, only big numbers matter, screwyou, whine sexier than turbo, whines_more_than_your_gf, wts grey market butthurt.