follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List

Old 08-07-2014, 10:48 AM   #1
mtimney

Drives: 2013 BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
OpenFlash-- header tune

I am using a UniChip on my BRZ right now and I really can't seem to get a good tune with my setup. I'm considering switching to OpenFlash, but can't seem to find the specific info I'm looking for. I apologize if the info is available here, but I can't find it.

Anyway... I'm running a P&L 'catted' header with a Perrin overpipe, an Isis 'catless' front pipe and muffler system. I also have a Perrin silicone intake and am using a high-flow air filter. I can run 91 or 93 gas as needed.

Question 1: Does OpenFlash have a tune that would support this? (I know they have a header tune, but would it work well given that its designed around the OpenFlash header?)

Question 2: If I go to the Phantom Charger system would a tune be available?

Thanks all!
mtimney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 10:53 AM   #2
TM

Drives: DGM BRZ 6MT
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Garage
The OFT Stage 2 off-the-shelf tune would be pretty decent, but if you want to squeeze out every last bit of HP, they do offer custom e-tuning.

That being said, I have a Phantom echarger, aFe air filter, Borla UEL header, and TRD catback, and I run the OTS Phantom off-the-shelf tune and it's been great.
Old 08-07-2014, 11:50 AM   #3
lucid215

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtimney View Post

Question 1: Does OpenFlash have a tune that would support this? (I know they have a header tune, but would it work well given that its designed around the OpenFlash header?)

Question 2: If I go to the Phantom Charger system would a tune be available?

Thanks all!
Question 1: Does OpenFlash have a tune that would support this? their stage 2 uel is pretty much designed for any uel header that you are running. so there will be benefits to running their rom with your setup

Question 2: If I go to the Phantom Charger system would a tune be available? yes you will need a tune for this and @vishnu does have a rom for it
lucid215 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to lucid215 For This Useful Post:
mtimney (08-07-2014)
Old 08-07-2014, 03:51 PM   #4
mtimney

Drives: 2013 BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I just realized I posted this question in the 'Forced Induction' section rather than the 'Software Tuning' section. Sorry!
mtimney is offline   Reply With Quote