follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > EUROPE

User Tag List

Old 04-12-2012, 06:48 AM   #113
SL

Drives: S2000
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morten Harket View Post
To be honest they havnt been on the ball that much and I may shop around and transfer my order elsewhere.
to be fair tho, the dealerships probably have less info/knowledge on the product than we do - as enthusiasts! and perhaps dont want to bother you with hearsay until they know concrete info?

i just badger my dealership all the time personally

I think we may see a few arrive early (demo?) anyway though, at the end of May the sales person im buying from will be driving the GT 86 themselves at Donington Park (normally pre-release/"get to know the product" drives are done at Millbrook but apparently toyota have changed the drive to a race circuit!).. so hopefully customer orders should start to trickle through not long after.

i also badger them for their posters.. this works well .. i have a couple great posters for my garage now.. big concept 'FT-II' poster and a newer (coming soon type) orange GT86 poster that's taller than me.. just need the car now!
SL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 02:34 PM   #114
faz1

Drives: Audi A1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Nice to see someone else nicks dealer posters. My previous car was a Boxster and my local Porsche dealer was happy to let me have any posters/marketing stuff they didn't want. They were only going in a skip anyway!

Ps We'll have a race to see who gets behind the wheel first. I'm supposed to be No 1 on my dealers list too!

Last edited by faz1; 04-12-2012 at 03:11 PM.
faz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 06:36 PM   #115
delticfan

Drives: celica
We've been told we're the first order placed with our garage in South Yorkshire, they have about six people waiting having paid deposits but not committed to ordering their specs and only have 13 cars allocated for this year. We chose dark grey with black and red fabric seats with red interior, also added touch and go nav. Thought the red inside might set the metallic grey off nicely. One thing they said was that the cars will be fitted out once in this country ie. with your choice of trim sat nav etc. I have a Celica and that's how that was built up to - I think this was done at Bristol portside.
delticfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 02:55 AM   #116
Lordharding

Drives: Subaru WRXd & classic turbo 2000
Spoke to a dealer who confirmed that he is getting a 86 on 2nd july which seems to tie in with your orders
Lordharding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 01:17 PM   #117
faz1

Quote:
Originally Posted by delticfan View Post
We've been told we're the first order placed with our garage in South Yorkshire, they have about six people waiting having paid deposits but not committed to ordering their specs and only have 13 cars allocated for this year. We chose dark grey with black and red fabric seats with red interior, also added touch and go nav. Thought the red inside might set the metallic grey off nicely. One thing they said was that the cars will be fitted out once in this country ie. with your choice of trim sat nav etc. I have a Celica and that's how that was built up to - I think this was done at Bristol portside.
It will be nice to see another GT86 locally.
Old 04-13-2012, 05:15 PM   #118
ajc209

Drives: GT86 Cosworth
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordharding View Post
Spoke to a dealer who confirmed that he is getting a 86 on 2nd july which seems to tie in with your orders

Interesting, I just heard from another guy on hte forum that it is likely they are gongi to be delayed!

I hope he is wrong about it!
ajc209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 05:51 AM   #119
delticfan

Drives: celica
Quote:
Originally Posted by faz1 View Post
It will be nice to see another GT86 locally.
What colour / trim have you picked?? Would be great to see the local GT86 cars can't wait.
delticfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 03:14 PM   #120
faz1

Just standard. Not like me at all, I like my toys!

I like all the colours so it didn't seem worth paying extra for metallic so I went for Red.

I travel the same route to work every day so don't have a need for Sat Nav.

The only thing I did consider was the leather/heated seats. My usual 'optional extra' vices are loud Hi-Fi's and bigger wheels (I blame it on years of buying German cars! ) but as Toyota are offering neither of these I thought I'd save my leather seat pennies for some aftermarket wheels (anyone would think I'm 18 not 38!) I'm really not a fan of the standard ones.

Where did you buy from?
Old 04-17-2012, 04:55 AM   #121
SL

Drives: S2000
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
not a fan at all of the alloys either.. I will be waiting for the black TRD 18s though i think .. unless they are silly money then i'll just go aftermarket for some similar rims (still in black).

Is anyone considering going to Goodwood Festival Of Speed? (28th June to 1st July)
I understand toyota will be there and have the 86 on display..

just praying ill have mine in time for the trip!
SL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 06:55 AM   #122
ajc209

I went for Red too. I really like the Dark Red rather than the "lightning Red" they are gettnig in the states.

The GT is a Goodwood on the Thursday at the Moving Motor Show. Basically its a show case for new cars with a few extra bits of entertainment.
Old 04-18-2012, 07:13 AM   #123
ajc209

Soon toyota UK will be blogging/facebooking details about how you can enter yourself to be able drive a GT 86 at Goodwood.
Old 04-18-2012, 03:50 PM   #124
faz1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SL View Post
not a fan at all of the alloys either.. I will be waiting for the black TRD 18s though i think .. unless they are silly money then i'll just go aftermarket for some similar rims (still in black).

Is anyone considering going to Goodwood Festival Of Speed? (28th June to 1st July)
I understand toyota will be there and have the 86 on display..

just praying ill have mine in time for the trip!
I've never been to Goodwood, although I say I will go every year!

Don't think I'll make it this year either, I'm volunteering at the Olympics so will be away from home for most of July/August. I don't think a weekend away in June as well will go down too well with the boss!

I fancied these wheels (gunmetal grey with red inserts would have looked sweet on a red GT) but apparently they won't fit the GT86/BRZ. I have zero knowledge when it comes to offsets, PCD's, hub adjusters and spacers to make 'em fit so I'll keep looking for something else. A few UK websites have started to offer aftermarket wheels for the GT but the choice is very limited. Hopefully it'll get better nearer the launch.
Attached Images

Old 05-01-2012, 08:52 PM   #125
Leepox

Drives: Celica Gen7, '94 Peugeot 106.
any chance anyone's seen one in the flesh yet here in the UK?
Leepox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 10:07 AM   #126
faz1

Been lurking on the Fensport UK website for a while as they seem to be the only importers of TRD parts to the UK (not sure if anyone else does them?).

Site is now updated with various TRD parts for the GT86.

http://www.fensport.co.uk/Parts/Model_108/

A bit pricey though!!!!

£126 for a gear knob, ouch!