follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Software Tuning

Software Tuning Discuss all software tuning topics.

User Tag List

Old 06-02-2014, 08:52 PM   #15
wparsons

Drives: 2013 Asphalt FR-S Manual
Thanked 3,352 Times in 2,134 Posts
Mentioned: 99 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuBlake View Post
You mean... There's still hope?

I'm running Windows 7 64-bit. Having trouble getting the Open Flash Manager to work. It always asks me to select which program I need to open the update, which gives me a list of all programs.... Do I unzip it or something? Where do I put it?
Have you installed open flash manager?? You need to install it first

http://www.openflashtablet.com/produ...OF_Manager.exe

It's an executable, it shouldn't ask you what to open it with or have to unzip anything..

After you install it, you can update the template by saving this file to your computer then with open flash manager running click on the 'update' and find the file on your computer

http://www.openflashtablet.com/produ...omized%203.SLT
Old 06-02-2014, 09:02 PM   #16
BuBlake
Chronic Flashturbator

Drives: '13 Scion FR-S MT
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Too late wparsons. My OF Tablet is already half way to Vishnu Tuning. lol Thank you for your input regardless. I just wish I would have read the directions right the first time more than anything now. Kind of like wishing I would have invested in MDBX before the pot stock explosion. Pointless. haha
BuBlake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 09:09 PM   #17
AdrianG
Generally Well Liked

Drives: '08 STi Hatch, '11 Outback 3.6R
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
You will still want to make sure openflash manager is installed and working for when your tablet is returned to you...

- AdrianG
AdrianG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 09:18 PM   #18
steve99
Banned

Drives: FT86
Thanked 4,987 Times in 2,981 Posts
Mentioned: 598 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianG View Post
Or a call-home reset or something. Allow Vishnu to remote control your PC and reset it to save shipping the device... Just a thought.

- AdrianG
sounds like a good idea
steve99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 09:26 PM   #19
steve99
Banned

Drives: FT86
Thanked 4,987 Times in 2,981 Posts
Mentioned: 598 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuBlake View Post
Too late wparsons. My OF Tablet is already half way to Vishnu Tuning. lol Thank you for your input regardless. I just wish I would have read the directions right the first time more than anything now. Kind of like wishing I would have invested in MDBX before the pot stock explosion. Pointless. haha
the few times I have heard of problem with OFT its been because it was unplugged in the middle of something.

Don't unplug it when its updating via OFM connected to your PC
When its uploading/downloading tunes from PC via OFM
Definitely not when its reading of writing ROM to your car

their is no internal battery in OFT so it just shuts down ungracefully and like most software devices in the middle of updates they don't take it to well

Best also not to mess with switches or anything electrical in your car when flashing e.g. radio,fan,a/c,auto shift leaver, windows or even open close doors, even keep you mobile phone away from OFT or other flashing device. just sit tight and let the process complete.
steve99 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to steve99 For This Useful Post:
wparsons (06-03-2014)
Old 06-02-2014, 09:31 PM   #20
Xinshadow

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S Ultramarine
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wparsons View Post
Have you installed open flash manager?? You need to install it first

http://www.openflashtablet.com/produ...OF_Manager.exe

It's an executable, it shouldn't ask you what to open it with or have to unzip anything..

After you install it, you can update the template by saving this file to your computer then with open flash manager running click on the 'update' and find the file on your computer

http://www.openflashtablet.com/produ...omized%203.SLT
Have the same problem with OFM. Windows 7 64 bit as well. Installs fine but asks me what program I want to use to run the update files. I'm fairly computer savvy but the answer continues to elude me. I build my own PCs though, so maybe something like office is needed, which comes from an OEM unit but not a system builder copy?

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk
Current mods: OFT Stage 2 (w/93 oct), OFH, Perrin Resonated catback, DSS Aluminum Driveshaft, Perrin drop-in filter, Avo silicone inlet, Mishimoto catch can, Grimmspeed MCB, Perrin crank pulley, Nameless overpipe/downpipe combo, DBA slotted rotors, Ferrodo brake pads, goodrich SS brake lines, DOT5 synthetic brake fluid.
Xinshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 10:15 PM   #21
Target70

Drives: 2013 Asphalt 6spd
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xinshadow View Post
Have the same problem with OFM. Windows 7 64 bit as well. Installs fine but asks me what program I want to use to run the update files. I'm fairly computer savvy but the answer continues to elude me. I build my own PCs though, so maybe something like office is needed, which comes from an OEM unit but not a system builder copy?

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Target70 View Post
The manager you are using is an old one but is still up on one of the sites for download. I had the same problem, The manager kept trying to download a file, and I didn't know how to open it. Would you post a link to the page you downloaded that manager from and Vishnu should be able to update or cancel that link. I don't know the link to the newest one, Shiv would you please list the link for the newest manager?
I was downloading the manager from one page, ran it, It hooked up to the OFT just fine, then started updating, it downloaded a file, and opens a dialog box asking you what program you want to run it with, and no matter where you save the file or what you try to run it with, it errors out. and every time you try to open it after that it doesn't do anything. If this sounds like your problem, this is how I got mine to work:

I emailed vishnu with my problem they provided me with a link to the manager (which pissed me off, because I was downloading the manager right from their site), but clicked it anyway. Turns out, the link was to a different download page then the one I was using (which I found myself by hunting around). I downloaded the manager from the new page and it was a later version then the one I was trying before. Ran It and It updated without ever asking me to run anything, or opening up any extra downloads.

Shiv said this is the most uptodate link: http://openflashtablet.com/products/...ads/index.html
The site is blocked at my work (now) so I just have to trust that this is not the link you have been using, If it is the same link, Then try to find out what version you are using, and someone can tell you if it is the current one.
Target70 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Target70 For This Useful Post:
Xinshadow (06-02-2014)
Old 06-02-2014, 11:07 PM   #22
Xinshadow

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S Ultramarine
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Target70 View Post
I was downloading the manager from one page, ran it, It hooked up to the OFT just fine, then started updating, it downloaded a file, and opens a dialog box asking you what program you want to run it with, and no matter where you save the file or what you try to run it with, it errors out. and every time you try to open it after that it doesn't do anything. If this sounds like your problem, this is how I got mine to work:

I emailed vishnu with my problem they provided me with a link to the manager (which pissed me off, because I was downloading the manager right from their site), but clicked it anyway. Turns out, the link was to a different download page then the one I was using (which I found myself by hunting around). I downloaded the manager from the new page and it was a later version then the one I was trying before. Ran It and It updated without ever asking me to run anything, or opening up any extra downloads.

Shiv said this is the most uptodate link: http://openflashtablet.com/products/...ads/index.html
The site is blocked at my work (now) so I just have to trust that this is not the link you have been using, If it is the same link, Then try to find out what version you are using, and someone can tell you if it is the current one.
The link itself is a 404 error, but going home and then to downloads from there and re-downloading the install file worked, for some reason. Thanks!
Current mods: OFT Stage 2 (w/93 oct), OFH, Perrin Resonated catback, DSS Aluminum Driveshaft, Perrin drop-in filter, Avo silicone inlet, Mishimoto catch can, Grimmspeed MCB, Perrin crank pulley, Nameless overpipe/downpipe combo, DBA slotted rotors, Ferrodo brake pads, goodrich SS brake lines, DOT5 synthetic brake fluid.
Xinshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 10:53 PM   #23
fredfromnh

Drives: 2013 scion frs
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I just plugged the damn thing in and did what it told me to do. Car runs worlds better. My cable has two extended prongs as well. Only problem I have now is cable needs to be tweeked at obd end to get screen to fire up.
fredfromnh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 11:04 PM   #24
Shiv@Openflash

Drives: 2013 FRS
Thanked 5,469 Times in 1,494 Posts
Mentioned: 605 Post(s)
Tagged: 9 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredfromnh View Post
I just plugged the damn thing in and did what it told me to do. Car runs worlds better. My cable has two extended prongs as well. Only problem I have now is cable needs to be tweeked at obd end to get screen to fire up.
The two longer blades are normal. If your cable has to be tweaked to get a connection, unplug it and check the blades for straightness. Might also be worth checking the OBD connect under the steering column for any signs of visible damage. If all looks ok, we can send you another cable if necessary.

Cheers
shiv
Shiv@Openflash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 09:16 AM   #25
fredfromnh

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu View Post
The two longer blades are normal. If your cable has to be tweaked to get a connection, unplug it and check the blades for straightness. Might also be worth checking the OBD connect under the steering column for any signs of visible damage. If all looks ok, we can send you another cable if necessary.

CheersI
shiv
I will do that for sure. After I install power blocks I'll need retune and I definitely don't want that interrupted. Thanx for the advice!
Old 06-04-2014, 09:42 AM   #26
fredfromnh

Shiv, is my tablet loaded with latest released version of tunes? I ask after seeing comparos between 1.0 and 1.1 stage 1 tunes.
Old 06-04-2014, 09:46 AM   #27
fredfromnh

I will have to plug in torque app and do some acceleration tests. I should be able to bang out at least 1 6.1 0-60. With header and blocks should dip into 5s.
Old 06-04-2014, 11:14 AM   #28
fredfromnh

6.2 no roll out high humidity. Launch at 4200. Slip/dump clutch put right foot thru floor and shift millisecond after peak. Good number considering conditions. Car rags could only manage 6.2 with 1 foot roll out.