follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Software Tuning

Software Tuning Discuss all software tuning topics.

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2014, 07:04 PM   #15
AllDayJonRay

Drives: 2013 Ultramarine FR-S
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Email sent.

'13 Ultramarine 6MT FR-S || K&N Drop-In, SpeedFactory V1 Cat-Back || Moto-East tuned

Join the 86 Owners Clan on Clash of Clans: "86 Owners" Password: "fa20" || Help us take over the world || Thread
Old 05-20-2014, 07:20 PM   #16
Xero-Limit

Drives: JDL Turbo FRS, 335SC BRZ (ret)
Thanked 1,548 Times in 525 Posts
Mentioned: 380 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor Draken View Post
Have you had any nameless header in your hand to tune?
I've had several customers with them that we've done remotely.

Basically despite the various differences in header design, they fall under either the EL or the UEL variations. With the P&L and nameless you'll have a very similar looking torque curve. Note the flatness and the big torque hump instead of dip 3-4k. They trade off the <3k range that few care about anyway, and end up making power all the way to redline. So we're looking at a very small difference in tuning between ANY properly designed EL headers that use similar runner sizes and lenghts. With the UEL designs it is quite different. For example, with the JDL there we still see a more stock looking torque dip (though much reduced), but they lose less down low and keep the power going to redline. So we have to tweak around the cam timing slightly to take that into consideration. With E85 the tq dip is entirely gone even UEL.

The other aspects like fuel and timing, we fine tune for each vehicle anyway. So any gains there we will work within the confines of the knock sensor unless we have the car on the dyno.
The Following User Says Thank You to Xero-Limit For This Useful Post:
zoth (05-21-2014)
Old 05-20-2014, 07:22 PM   #17
Xero-Limit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATL BRZ View Post
Sweet! Does this new update also apply to FlexFuel/E85 tunes? If so have you measured an increase in top end as well?

I have a HFC 2.5" front pipe now to compliment my JDL UEL header and 2.5" overpipe. I'm still chasing down that last 6whp to put me over 200 on E85 with your FF kit and tune, lol. It's silly but I can't help but lust for that magic n/a number.
We need to get you on the dyno when I'm available to be there in real time. I think we can hit 200hp no problem if that's the case. Otherwise I can send you what i have done here, it should pick up a few HP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllDayJonRay View Post
Email sent.
Received, we'll get it done in the next few days. We'll include this one at no charge to existing customers.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Xero-Limit For This Useful Post:
AllDayJonRay (05-20-2014), ATL BRZ (05-20-2014)
Old 05-21-2014, 10:56 AM   #18
Victor Draken

Drives: Toyota Gt86
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by moto-mike View Post
I've had several customers with them that we've done remotely.

Basically despite the various differences in header design, they fall under either the EL or the UEL variations. With the P&L and nameless you'll have a very similar looking torque curve. Note the flatness and the big torque hump instead of dip 3-4k. They trade off the <3k range that few care about anyway, and end up making power all the way to redline. So we're looking at a very small difference in tuning between ANY properly designed EL headers that use similar runner sizes and lenghts. With the UEL designs it is quite different. For example, with the JDL there we still see a more stock looking torque dip (though much reduced), but they lose less down low and keep the power going to redline. So we have to tweak around the cam timing slightly to take that into consideration. With E85 the tq dip is entirely gone even UEL.

The other aspects like fuel and timing, we fine tune for each vehicle anyway. So any gains there we will work within the confines of the knock sensor unless we have the car on the dyno.
Can you seriously provide a good tune with a nameless EL/crawford BPB/Nameless 2.5 catted downpipe/Perrin 3" non catted catback?
I'm looking around to find a tuner that has worked on a Nameless EL and know how to properly cam timing it with the crawford BPB.
I'm from Europe, so only e-tune, no dyno

I have faith that you will answer me sincerely haha
@moto-mike

Last edited by Victor Draken; 05-21-2014 at 05:06 PM.
Old 05-21-2014, 11:18 AM   #19
xjohnx
Grip>Slip

Drives: 13 SWP BRZ Ltd - Innovate Powered!
Thanked 1,716 Times in 1,031 Posts
Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Can you seriously provide a good tune with a nameless EL/crawford BPB/Nameless 2.5 catted downpipe/Perrin 3" non catted catback?
I'm looking around to find a tuner that has worked on a Nameless EL and know how to properly cam timing it with the crawford BPB.

He could always remotely dyno tune you if you have access to a dyno locally. You'd just need to schedule some time with @moto-mike to correspond with your dyno time so that you can send him dyno graphs and data logs after each run.
Old 05-21-2014, 03:07 PM   #20
zoth

Drives: 2013 BRZ Premium Dark Gray Metallic
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
All I can say guys is that @moto-mike is great and awesome customer service. My experience so far is 100% satisfied. Great e-tuner, compared to my last 2 e-tuners.

Last edited by zoth; 05-21-2014 at 08:01 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zoth For This Useful Post:
Xero-Limit (05-21-2014), xjohnx (05-21-2014)
Old 05-21-2014, 05:05 PM   #21
Victor Draken

Drives: Toyota Gt86
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xjohnx View Post
He could always remotely dyno tune you if you have access to a dyno locally. You'd just need to schedule some time with @moto-mike to correspond with your dyno time so that you can send him dyno graphs and data logs after each run.
This is a freaking good idea
I just need to find a dyno. Here is not like America... Almost not any dyno around and it costs srsly a lot to do just few runs.

But still... Probably a great solution if e-tuning doesnt achieve what i want.
Old 05-21-2014, 09:05 PM   #22
Xero-Limit

Quote:

@moto-mike
yup, we do it all

We do have someone coming in with the CPBs in a week or so, but we've been able to remotely tune way more involved stuff than that!
Old 05-23-2014, 11:51 AM   #23
ATL BRZ
Driving Coach

Drives: BRZ
Thanked 4,137 Times in 1,707 Posts
Mentioned: 90 Post(s)
Got the new updates, can't wait to try them! Thanks Mike!
Old 05-24-2014, 09:53 AM   #24
onzippy

Drives: 2014 FRS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoth View Post
All I can say guys is that @moto-mike is great and awesome customer service. My experience so far is 100% satisfied. Great e-tuner, compared to my last 2 e-tuners.
I have to agree with @zoth. My experience with @moto-mike was also a great one. Service was quick and the the product is exceptional.
I did almost all my logging on my commute to and from work. Sent him the logs and he'd send updated rom files. Few days of that and we're all done.

Old 05-25-2014, 01:00 AM   #25
zoth

Drives: 2013 BRZ Premium Dark Gray Metallic
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
@moto-mike, he came thru again installed his Flex-Kit but I got a P0452 code and within minutes after explaining to him via e-mail the issue. BAM!! several minutes later a new that file that fixed the issue.

FYI: this was a Saturday I think around 10:00 PM his time.
Old 05-27-2014, 03:09 PM   #26
onzippy

Drives: 2014 FRS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Mike, You really nailed it in the last update to the tune. The drive back showed everything is perfect at any throttle position now.
Thanks again!
The Following User Says Thank You to onzippy For This Useful Post:
Xero-Limit (05-27-2014)
Old 05-28-2014, 11:34 PM   #27
ATL BRZ
Driving Coach

Drives: BRZ
Thanked 4,137 Times in 1,707 Posts
Mentioned: 90 Post(s)
Hats off to @moto-mike for another fantastic FlexFuel tune revision. He recently sent me a high-HP and a more subdued Track-friendly version of the new tune. Filled up with 78% ethanol (best I've had so far this summer!) and after logging the track tune I could feel a stronger top end.

The high-HP street tune really surprised me. I have no doubts in my mind that the last 6whp missing from my first 194whp dyno on the old tune are there now breaking 200whp, and it holds all the way to red line. I'm impressed! I foresee another trip to the dyno in the near future.
Old 06-03-2014, 05:13 PM   #28
AllDayJonRay

Drives: 2013 Ultramarine FR-S
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
This latest update is on point. For the record, I had zero complaints with the last version I was running, or any other version I've ever used, but there is definitely an improvement with this latest ROM above 5000/6000 rpm.

Thanks again Mike!

'13 Ultramarine 6MT FR-S || K&N Drop-In, SpeedFactory V1 Cat-Back || Moto-East tuned

Join the 86 Owners Clan on Clash of Clans: "86 Owners" Password: "fa20" || Help us take over the world || Thread

Last edited by AllDayJonRay; 06-03-2014 at 06:12 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AllDayJonRay For This Useful Post:
ATL BRZ (06-03-2014), Xero-Limit (06-03-2014)

Closed Thread