follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > CANADA

CANADA Canada

User Tag List

Old 05-03-2014, 11:33 PM   #1
BrrrRrrZ

Drives: 2014 BRZ 6MT
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Richmond Hill Subaru

If you are from South Western Ontario, please go see Robert (Robert.Ruffolo@rhsubaru.com) before you make any final decisions.

Upfront, honest, helped sync the phone, didn't drill the plate into the bumper (without even being asked). Buying a car from a car fanatic is how it's meant to be done.

I have no affiliation with the dealership other than having bought mine there today!!!!!!
BrrrRrrZ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BrrrRrrZ For This Useful Post:
Minovsky (05-04-2014)
Old 05-04-2014, 08:57 PM   #2
Minovsky

Drives: Fr-s 2013 white out
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Congrats on the new ride!
Old 05-04-2014, 09:47 PM   #3
automatic

Drives: WRB BRZ
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
I went here to take my gf here to look for a WRX a while back and went to reception to get a sales person for me.

Got sent to Alex...he didnt really seem that interested in selling us a car so we didnt really buy from him. He didnt see me roll up in my BRZ, dont know if that would have made a difference or not....

But glad you found someone that got the job done well for you!

I do take my car there for service and they've taken care of me pretty well especially on warranty stuff.
automatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 03:09 PM   #4
congee

Drives: SSM BRZ
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
I got my brz from richmond hill subaru from alex kam.

I'm not going back to them. They ignore you after you sign the papers. If I didn't get a good deal with them, I wouldn't have went with them. I also found a richmond hill subaru mechanic that has an instagram account and uses the hashtag #richmondhillsubaru a lot. Seen a couple of videos of him revving out brand new brzs. I guess he doesn't know about the break in period.
Old 05-06-2014, 03:17 PM   #5
Myv

Drives: SWP BRZ Limited MT
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by congee View Post
I got my brz from richmond hill subaru from alex kam.

I'm not going back to them. They ignore you after you sign the papers. If I didn't get a good deal with them, I wouldn't have went with them. I also found a richmond hill subaru mechanic that has an instagram account and uses the hashtag #richmondhillsubaru a lot. Seen a couple of videos of him revving out brand new brzs. I guess he doesn't know about the break in period.
Good to know, I bought from Alex as well. Felt the same, I was also promised winter mats, little did I know there was no such thing. Even till now I don't think there is such a thing for the BRZ from dealer?

Got weathertech in the end at a good price.
Myv is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Myv For This Useful Post:
congee (05-06-2014)
Old 05-06-2014, 03:43 PM   #6
FLYFISHR

Drives: 2014 BR"ZED" Sport-tech DGM MT
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myv View Post
I was also promised winter mats
I was offfer the same deal from my scarboro guy but when I said I had already got my weathertechs he gave me the cargo tray instead.
Old 05-06-2014, 03:55 PM   #7
Muskokan

Drives: white Sport-tech
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Dealers are always nice until they know they have you. Not to say they're all like that. But it probably will go that way.
Muskokan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 04:16 PM   #8
sixthree

Drives: 14BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I had a negative experience with alex kam too. I don't get all the positive reviews on online. Its the only reason why I went to them. All fake accounts probably.. I'm glad I didn't buy from him now. We agreed on a price over the phone and I even drove from pickering to richmond hill(1+ hr drive). Once I got there, it turns out the price he gave me was a mistake as I was looking for the sports tech and not the limited. He apparently forgot to call me back to tell me even though when I arrived, the dealership was dead... Biggest waste of time. He was a bit rude too and rushed me out of there. Probably because i'm still in my early 20's.. Either way, good thing I went with downtown subaru. My sales men still regularly communicates with me. I got my first oil change and service A covered because my delivery was two days delayed and they forgot my oem carpets. (No, i'm not affiliated with downtown subaru, just a very happy customer. PM me if you want the name of the sales person I dealt with)

Last edited by sixthree; 05-06-2014 at 04:29 PM.
sixthree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 04:58 PM   #9
congee

Drives: SSM BRZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muskokan View Post
Dealers are always nice until they know they have you. Not to say they're all like that. But it probably will go that way.
Yeah figured this was the case but I've dealt with other sales men before at different car dealerships, and i've never been ignored by one until now. To date, I've emailed alex 3 times. First email was 2-3 weeks after I picked up my keys and not a single reply. Its funny because I communicated with him daily via email before I bought my brz. So much for customer retention I can't comment on the other salesmen at richmond hill. Hopefully they don't ignore customers too
Old 05-07-2014, 12:49 PM   #10
chenshuo

Drives: WRB BRZ
I too had a negative experience with the sales people at Richmond Hill Subaru. When i was looking to buy my BRZ there were no cars in the show room. I walked into Richarmond Hill Subaru about a year and half ago and there were a bunch of sales people just chatting with eachother. I inquired about the BRZ and one of the sales told me to put down a deposit first. I walked out of there in less than 5 mins.