follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 07-24-2010, 05:31 PM   #29
ichitaka05
Site Moderator

Drives: ichi 86 Project
Thanked 19,096 Times in 8,333 Posts
Mentioned: 678 Post(s)
Tagged: 27 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2jz-gte4life View Post
Well this is very good news but for that price, i would definitely want a turbo

29,000 US almost 31,000 canadian starting price.

This might be a good thing, it might actually come turbo'd

and maybe a twin turbo model as well

please, please

i want a new turbo'd car

Please Toyoto, don't fuck us over.

If this is the price for a NA car under 200hp,then its a Fail

COMPLETE FAIL

but if it comes with a turbo and maybe twin turbo we have win, win, win
H4 + TT = Fail
Old 07-24-2010, 05:48 PM   #30
Matador
hashiryu

Drives: Mk4 Supra
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
the crz was estimated @ $27+k .... It will be on sale at $19k, I think this puts a mid level FT-86/FR-S at about $23-$25k. Hopefully. lol.
Matador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 06:13 PM   #31
WingsofWar
MODERATOR-SAMA

Drives: Swagtron Scooter
Thanked 1,561 Times in 524 Posts
Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatadorRacing_F1 View Post
the crz was estimated @ $27+k .... It will be on sale at $19k, I think this puts a mid level FT-86/FR-S at about $23-$25k. Hopefully. lol.
Im kinda thinking the same thing as you. As far as the US market i could see a premium model go for $29-31k MSRP based on just what we have seen as far as the concept goes.

Its hard to believe that a 30k pricetag on a mid level FT86 would show up at the launch date. The only reason why it would have such a large tag would probably be due to the items included in the package such as GPS, an incredible sound system, full leather interior, and probably some weird suspension upgrade that would have been not as large of an upgrade in comparison to a base model. Again clearly speculation.

I'm gona go with these numbers trying to get a bit more realistic, but im probably way off about my prediction.
----$$USD$$----
Base = 23-24k
Performance = 25-28k
Premium = 29k-31k
Old 07-24-2010, 07:58 PM   #32
bryce-o

Drives: '08 bmw 135i
great info!
Old 07-24-2010, 08:16 PM   #33
C-Bone

Drives: '03 Tiburon
I hope its in that low price range. I really want something fun to drive with decent power. I'd really like a turbo option because I've always wanted one and if I'm gonna get a car I really like I want it to have a turbo. I dunno why, just do... I'm really anxious to see what options they have. And also cant wait to see how much the g sports versions are gonna be. It'd be cool if they decided to do something with a turbo be it upgrade or add one depending on the base model; though I know they said they probably weren't doing anything with the engine.
C-Bone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 09:29 PM   #34
DanZilla

Drives: 05 New Formula Red Honda S2000
Send a message via AIM to DanZilla
seriously tho, it better not be 29k with only 200hp lol
Old 07-24-2010, 11:54 PM   #35
iwannawhiteFT86

Drives: 05 Dodge Neon SRT-4
I'm very glad to hear this news. Now I can start saving up any spare cash I have left after bills lol. I'm gonna bug everyone in the Toyota dealership I work at until I get some type of confirmation. Regardless, I want mine soon as my dealer gets em off the truck.
iwannawhiteFT86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 12:45 AM   #36
Dimman
Kuruma Otaku

Drives: Mk3 Supra with Semi-built 7MGTE
Thanked 2,265 Times in 1,234 Posts
Mentioned: 78 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwannawhiteFT86 View Post
I'm very glad to hear this news. Now I can start saving up any spare cash I have left after bills lol. I'm gonna bug everyone in the Toyota dealership I work at until I get some type of confirmation. Regardless, I want mine soon as my dealer gets em off the truck.
What will be the "be the first on your block to own one" dealer mark-up gouging be? $5000 over MSRP?

Last edited by Dimman; 07-25-2010 at 12:46 AM. Reason: MSPR WTF? Stupid typos...
Dimman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 01:27 AM   #37
iwannawhiteFT86

Drives: 05 Dodge Neon SRT-4
Not sure I'm just a service tech not a salesman. I have thought about talking to the person at the dealer that actually gets the cars from Toyota how much he gets them for before they put the mark up on it. I mean I figure he could get em for about $21-$22k before mark up(going on the rough pricing rumors). So I figure just haggle the shit out of them, and then just be like, "Let me give you $2-$3k more than what you paid, I'll pay in cash and I'll walk out with one today...." Lol that's just my ideal scenario. I better start makin friends with the salesmen.
iwannawhiteFT86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 01:35 AM   #38
Dimman
Kuruma Otaku

Drives: Mk3 Supra with Semi-built 7MGTE
Thanked 2,265 Times in 1,234 Posts
Mentioned: 78 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwannawhiteFT86 View Post
Not sure I'm just a service tech not a salesman. I have thought about talking to the person at the dealer that actually gets the cars from Toyota how much he gets them for before they put the mark up on it. I mean I figure he could get em for about $21-$22k before mark up(going on the rough pricing rumors). So I figure just haggle the shit out of them, and then just be like, "Let me give you $2-$3k more than what you paid, I'll pay in cash and I'll walk out with one today...." Lol that's just my ideal scenario. I better start makin friends with the salesmen.
I'm talking about the extra mark-up that's going to happen when this thing first comes out. People were paying a few grand over the sticker when the Beatle and Mini first came out. Dealers are greedy and if this thing is half as popular as predicted, dealers may be charging an extra 5k over sticker.

I'll probably wait before I buy. Let things settle, see what others think about the car, let pricing come back down to normal, etc...
Dimman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 05:09 AM   #39
70NYD

Drives: RX8 S1
awesome news
however the price is pissing me off cus here in OZ we get a massive markup (nissan is like 70% the 370Z costs 70000AUD which is 64000USD translated straight with todays exchange rate for the BASE mother fucking model, which is the reason why i will never buy one no matter how much money i am making at the moment, i will not give half my salary to greedy as mofos, not worth it. and if toyota brings the 86 out here with the same sort of markups (toyota does around 40% markup here) that would take the said model from 29000USD to 40000USD (45000AUD) which is still out of the range of their intended release market.. and if it gets released at 45000AUD they wont make many sales. i know noone on here cares what i am saying here, but i have a vague hope that someone from toyota marketing and finance will read this, ignore it and later loose there job when the car doesnt sell for that price
Old 07-25-2010, 10:41 AM   #40
C-Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70NYD View Post
awesome news
however the price is pissing me off cus here in OZ we get a massive markup (nissan is like 70% the 370Z costs 70000AUD which is 64000USD translated straight with todays exchange rate for the BASE mother fucking model, which is the reason why i will never buy one no matter how much money i am making at the moment, i will not give half my salary to greedy as mofos, not worth it. and if toyota brings the 86 out here with the same sort of markups (toyota does around 40% markup here) that would take the said model from 29000USD to 40000USD (45000AUD) which is still out of the range of their intended release market.. and if it gets released at 45000AUD they wont make many sales. i know noone on here cares what i am saying here, but i have a vague hope that someone from toyota marketing and finance will read this, ignore it and later loose there job when the car doesnt sell for that price
Maybe you can buy it somewhere without a huge mark up and have it shipped? I don't exactly know how much that would cost but I wouldn't imagine $10k
Old 07-25-2010, 10:50 AM   #41
70NYD

Drives: RX8 S1
thats only the case if the car doesnt get released here, il get it shipped from japan, it will be cheaper and prbably more powerfull lol. OZ is RHD anyway, our import law sais it has to be over 15yrs old if its a direct competitor so no go if it gets released.
Old 07-25-2010, 11:06 AM   #42
C-Bone

Ah that sux