follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Software Tuning

Software Tuning Discuss all software tuning topics.

User Tag List

Old 04-17-2014, 02:26 AM   #1695
steve99
Banned

Drives: FT86
Thanked 4,987 Times in 2,981 Posts
Mentioned: 598 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by solidONE View Post
I was downloading a log I just took onto my laptop and had an accident.

The lower left corner of the touchscreen is now out of whack and I'm afraid to recalibrate the screen. Help me, @shiv@vishnu!
Woah! that looks kinda terminal hope they can send/replace screen.
steve99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 11:00 PM   #1696
gonzo

Drives: frs
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MykeH78 View Post
P.S. The BRZ is aimed at a completely different demographic than the WRX, so that's def no bearing on the decision.
Why have people been saying this?

Fuck if I know what Subaru is "aiming" for but the BRZ and STI attract a pretty similar market. If the BRZ had a turbo that made it close to STI pricing I'd definitely test drive both of them before deciding on one or the other.
gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 06:29 AM   #1697
troek

Drives: 2012 Toyota 86
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Garage
only a few miles on the stage 2 uel tune, but its feeling pretty good. kinda rich though. maybe it will lean up some. plus, if you look close, my boost goes in the positive for a second! lol.
http://datazap.me/u/troek/stage-2-pu...=0&data=1-5-11
troek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 09:09 AM   #1698
Gilwith1l

Drives: stock brz. saving my money for ls1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Which ots tune should I use with OEM header / drop in filter / catless front pipe / OEM muffler/ Crawford bpb/ 93 octane
Gilwith1l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 05:54 PM   #1699
steve99
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilwith1l View Post
Which ots tune should I use with OEM header / drop in filter / catless front pipe / OEM muffler/ Crawford bpb/ 93 octane
As you have BPB use the new BPB tunes on the bottom of the download page use stage1 93 octane BPB tune for your rom cal id. this is limited to C series at present.

As you have catless front pipe its possible you may be able to run the stage 2 tune BPB , usually this is for persons with catless headers, but some people find they run better on that tune with catless front pipes or high flow second cat.

Check your AFR at WOT on both tunes your looking for high 11 11.6-11.8 shiv targets for safety. If you do decide to run stage2 also check for knock especially at WOT as the stage2 tune runs more advance

Their rearly is not a base tune for your setup so it going to he suck it and see, stage1 is probably the safer option just check AFR at wot and knock correction.

It probably going to need a bit of adjustment either by yourself or you could spring for the $200 and get the OFT guys to do an e-tune.

Last edited by steve99; 04-20-2014 at 06:10 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to steve99 For This Useful Post:
Gilwith1l (04-20-2014)
Old 04-20-2014, 08:50 PM   #1700
Boofneenee
Go-Kart Enthusiast

Drives: Toyota Scion FRS
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Hey guys,

So I am pumped to say I just installed my open flash headers and flashed the UEL Stg 2 tune right at the mechanic!

Car is just a pleasure to drive. Playing with the exhaust note brings me much pleasure. The added power really transforms the ride. I couldn't be happier.

here is a log of a 2nd, 3rd and 4th pull

http://www.datazap.me/u/boofneenee/s...zoom=4331-4546

I notice that the ignition advance is gradually being reduced as the rpm's go up. I am assuming this means the ecu is pulling timing? Perhaps this is normal and I am over thinking it. This pattern is the same that I have viewed in my earlier logs while running stage 1 and logs posted by other forum members.

Also here is a log with just the knock correction variable highlighted. Their is knock correction as timing is being pulled up to .6 degrees but it only appears to happen at cruise speed on the highway. Is this normal? I think some knock is inevitable. It was happening with the Stg 1 map I ran as well.

http://www.datazap.me/u/boofneenee/s...og=0&data=1-12

Mods: open flash header, Nameless 5" cat back and air filter. 93 pump gas.

thanks!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Boofneenee For This Useful Post:
Chad86 (04-21-2014), solidONE (04-20-2014)
Old 04-20-2014, 10:12 PM   #1701
steve99
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boofneenee View Post

I notice that the ignition advance is gradually being reduced as the rpm's go up. I am assuming this means the ecu is pulling timing? Perhaps this is normal and I am over thinking it. This pattern is the same that I have viewed in my earlier logs while running stage 1 and logs posted by other forum members.

Also here is a log with just the knock correction variable highlighted. Their is knock correction as timing is being pulled up to .6 degrees but it only appears to happen at cruise speed on the highway. Is this normal? I think some knock is inevitable. It was happening with the Stg 1 map I ran as well.
The timing reduction is normal, you need to look at kc learned and compare values to "Advance Max A table" however it looks fine no "chunks" out of kc Learned values.

have a read here if your interested

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61820

0.6 FBCK occasionally is pretty inevitable on throttle tip in if it was over 1 start to worry IAM is stable at 1.

Looks a touch rich at WOT shiv targets high 11's (11.8 or so) but don't sweat it. If your really picky you could do the MAF scaling to get the LTFT a bit better (your almost +4%) if that came back 2-3% percent the AFR would be pretty spot on.
The Following User Says Thank You to steve99 For This Useful Post:
Boofneenee (04-21-2014)
Old 04-20-2014, 10:35 PM   #1702
solidONE

Drives: FR-S Whiteout
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Quote:
Hey guys,

So I am pumped to say I just installed my open flash headers and flashed the UEL Stg 2 tune right at the mechanic!

Car is just a pleasure to drive. Playing with the exhaust note brings me much pleasure. The added power really transforms the ride. I couldn't be happier.

thanks!
5" cat back?!
solidONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 10:38 PM   #1703
FrsDuke
Fanboy

Drives: 2013 ultramarine frs
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by solidONE View Post
5" cat back?!
5" muffler version of the 2.5 I assume

-Duke
FrsDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FrsDuke For This Useful Post:
Boofneenee (04-21-2014)
Old 04-21-2014, 12:34 AM   #1704
Chad86
DrivinginDreams...Cloud86

Drives: Toyota GT86
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Hey guys,

thanks!
I'm looking to run a similar setup to yours. But I am thinking to run the Perrin 3" resonated catback. Any adavantages over the nameless catback? I'm running 94 Chevron, do you find your setup no longer has much of a torque dip?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOQ0JrxqkUA"]Perrin 3" Catback Exhaust Resonated Sound (Subaru BRZ) - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited by Chad86; 04-21-2014 at 12:40 AM. Reason: added video
Chad86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 07:13 AM   #1705
Boofneenee
Go-Kart Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad86 View Post
I'm looking to run a similar setup to yours. But I am thinking to run the Perrin 3" resonated catback. Any adavantages over the nameless catback? I'm running 94 Chevron, do you find your setup no longer has much of a torque dip?

I posted two videos of my setup in the open flash header thread. Go check it out
Old 04-21-2014, 07:14 AM   #1706
Boofneenee
Go-Kart Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve99 View Post
The timing reduction is normal, you need to look at kc learned and compare values to "Advance Max A table" however it looks fine no "chunks" out of kc Learned values.

have a read here if your interested

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61820

0.6 FBCK occasionally is pretty inevitable on throttle tip in if it was over 1 start to worry IAM is stable at 1.

Looks a touch rich at WOT shiv targets high 11's (11.8 or so) but don't sweat it. If your really picky you could do the MAF scaling to get the LTFT a bit better (your almost +4%) if that came back 2-3% percent the AFR would be pretty spot on.

Thank you for explaining. I hope my Afr will improve over time. I hav put a decent amount of miles on the car since I flashed Friday. Maybe it still needs more time..
Old 04-21-2014, 05:21 PM   #1707
ZoM

Drives: 2014 Monogram Raven 86
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
@shiv@vishnu any chance of lc for b series roms soon?
ZoM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 06:10 PM   #1708
Shiv@Openflash

Drives: 2013 FRS
Thanked 5,469 Times in 1,494 Posts
Mentioned: 605 Post(s)
Tagged: 9 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoM View Post
@shiv@vishnu any chance of lc for b series roms soon?
Absolutely. Things just take time and I haven't gotten around to it yet.
Shiv@Openflash is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Shiv@Openflash For This Useful Post:
DC2R (04-21-2014)

Tags
cat overtemp