follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List

Old 04-05-2014, 11:01 AM   #4229
mikalem

Drives: 2013 WRB BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeliciousTuning View Post
Yes, there is a new version out and it resolves the partial throttle 4-5K stumble / hesitation. Please create a support ticket and I can get you out the latest version. If you do not have access let me know and I will adjust your account so you have access.

FYI, I am working on a computer automated program to build the maps at peoples requests "update button", so instead of waiting, hours, days, etc... you should have these updates literally within 15 minutes. Coming soon, as it has been one of my many projects to make things flow a LOT smoother for everyone.

Cheers,
William Knose
Delicious Tuning
Awesome - ticket created. Also noticed a habit of the car to have the AM drop when filling up with a different E-content on the Flex Fuel version of 8.52 (when going from high content to lower content) - I included some logs in the request for 8.54 for you to review. Seems to normalize out - just wanting to make sure that's considered "normal".
mikalem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mikalem For This Useful Post:
DeliciousTuning (04-05-2014)
Old 04-05-2014, 11:10 AM   #4230
DeliciousTuning
PhoneFlash by EcuTeK

Drives: Edelbrock Equipped - Subaru BRZ
Thanked 1,683 Times in 581 Posts
Mentioned: 403 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxscaxx View Post
I hear you man. I have little surge/bog issues too right now, but that doesn't bother me as much as the really hard startups I get that makes my car sound like a POS.

My gas mileage is definitely down too, but I won't mind as long as the power is there. The current tune/tuner i'm using right now has unmatched power out of my kit so i'm really curious to see how Bill's will match up.

Its why I asked about revisions a few pages back, just feel like its never ending almost with this kit. I mean I don't mind new updates, but the kit has been out so long, you would figure those small kinks would be easily worked out by now lol. I think it probably is because of all the demands everyone has. I think we take things for granted sometimes, so its why I try to remain patient. I am not very good at it though

"I want power, drivability, gas mileage, smoothness and a handie, now!!"
"Easily worked out", that is pretty funny... Subaru/Toyota revises their maps continuously, along with the European company who revise them even more often than most people go to the bathroom.

I doubt you will ever see a final tune. Put it this way, would you ever see a final tune from Subaru/Toyota, the end all tune? No, they have new revisions throughout the year and new ones each year. There are always little things to improve. This is not a forced induction vehicle from the factory and we are trying to make it that way. Along with making it work for different fuels and a general map that works with almost any setup people put on their car. Now take into consideration altitudes, different countries around the world (with different fuels and weather conditions), and it goes on....

Now you say a turbo kit would be even easier. LOL, yeah I got some beach front property in Arizona to sell you. Great deal... You have probably have the most well thought out kit on the market. It bolts in fast, and works (with small known fixes).

Now I am trying to get the kit to a point where it is acceptable to my level, along with taking input from customers. Since I drive this kit every day I want it to be what I believe should be a "factory" tune or as close to it as possible. Is it close, yes, but there are a couple things left I have noticed and spoke to customers about who race their vehicle/daily drive them. But for now the latest revision we offer is 8.54.

Cheers,
William Knose
Delicious Tuning
DeliciousTuning is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DeliciousTuning For This Useful Post:
calispec (04-06-2014), CK_Bladesmith (04-05-2014), whataboutbob (04-06-2014), xxscaxx (04-05-2014)
Old 04-05-2014, 11:19 AM   #4231
xxscaxx

Drives: 2013 SWP BRZ
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quote:
"Easily worked out", that is pretty funny... Subaru/Toyota revises their maps continuously, along with the European company who revise them even more often than most people go to the bathroom.

I doubt you will ever see a final tune. Put it this way, would you ever see a final tune from Subaru/Toyota, the end all tune? No, they have new revisions throughout the year and new ones each year. There are always little things to improve. This is not a forced induction vehicle from the factory and we are trying to make it that way. Along with making it work for different fuels and a general map that works with almost any setup people put on their car. Now take into consideration altitudes, different countries around the world (with different fuels and weather conditions), and it goes on....

Now you say a turbo kit would be even easier. LOL, yeah I got some beach front property in Arizona to sell you. Great deal... You have probably have the most well thought out kit on the market. It bolts in fast, and works (with small known fixes).

Now I am trying to get the kit to a point where it is acceptable to my level, along with taking input from customers. Since I drive this kit every day I want it to be what I believe should be a "factory" tune or as close to it as possible. Is it close, yes, but there are a couple things left I have noticed and spoke to customers about who race their vehicle/daily drive them. But for now the latest revision we offer is 8.54.

Cheers,

William Knose

Delicious Tuning

I don't doubt you. But just from the past all I ever needed was a dyno tune and I was done with it lol.

I'm happy with my choice of FI, I just like to complain. After all, I am a customer

Now get that latest map to me ;-)

Edit: Should I create a ticket for the newer tune? Not sure if I should since I haven't gotten a map yet.

Last edited by xxscaxx; 04-05-2014 at 11:59 AM.
xxscaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 11:59 AM   #4232
Assunta

Drives: 2013 SWP BRZ
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
@DarrenDriven Please update first post. Here, I did the work for you:

S5-210-140213-0002 @Assunta N/A 234/198
Assunta is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Assunta For This Useful Post:
DarrenDriven (05-01-2014)
Old 04-05-2014, 12:41 PM   #4233
xjohnx
Grip>Slip

Drives: 13 SWP BRZ Ltd - Innovate Powered!
Thanked 1,716 Times in 1,031 Posts
Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Yes, there is a new version out and it resolves the partial throttle 4-5K stumble / hesitation. Please create a support ticket and I can get you out the latest version. If you do not have access let me know and I will adjust your account so you have access.

FYI, I am working on a computer automated program to build the maps at peoples requests "update button", so instead of waiting, hours, days, etc... you should have these updates literally within 15 minutes. Coming soon, as it has been one of my many projects to make things flow a LOT smoother for everyone.

Cheers,
William Knose
Delicious Tuning
Thanks! ticket created. hopefully it's not too much trouble adding the custom wideband input via rear o2.

That automated update system sounds amazing. Just what the doctor ordered.

Last edited by xjohnx; 04-05-2014 at 01:18 PM.
xjohnx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 12:43 PM   #4234
CK_Bladesmith

Drives: Raven FR-S
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quote:

Cheers,

William Knose

Delicious Tuning

Can't create a ticket so if you could just email it to me that would be good.
Raven FR-S mods: Unichip, Ground Control street coilovers with camber plates and strut tower brace, SPC Lca's, Drag DR-38 wheels with Dunlop Direzza DZ101s, Perrin CAI and silicone inlet tube, Perrin 3" resonated catback, Perrin high flow catted front pipe, Rev Works UEL header.
CK_Bladesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 11:15 AM   #4235
xjohnx
Grip>Slip

is that your maf sensor right in front of the TB?
Old 04-06-2014, 12:28 PM   #4236
DeliciousTuning
PhoneFlash by EcuTeK

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjohnx View Post
is that your maf sensor right in front of the TB?
Yeah, not sure that is a good idea for placement of the MAF sensor unless you are going Speed Density. Usually any small variations in airflow around the mAF have a LARGE impact on the tune and drivability. But I have been known to be wrong from time to time.

Cheers,
William Knose
Delicious Tuning
The Following User Says Thank You to DeliciousTuning For This Useful Post:
evo4g63 (04-09-2014)
Old 04-06-2014, 01:10 PM   #4237

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S Manual in Whiteout
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:

Cheers,
William Knose
Delicious Tuning
Kudos to Bill @DeliciousTuning for addressing customer concerns so quickly and publicly. 8.52 was a gigantic improvement over the previous versions. I'm excited to see that Bill is working hard to get us a great tune that feels like it came from the factory. Thanks for taking the time to get this right.
1010110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 03:00 PM   #4238
Ryan86
Road Warrior

Drives: Toyota 86 Satin Pearl White
Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quote:
Yeah, not sure that is a good idea for placement of the MAF sensor unless you are going Speed Density. Usually any small variations in airflow around the mAF have a LARGE impact on the tune and drivability. But I have been known to be wrong from time to time.

Cheers,
William Knose
Delicious Tuning
Not very often you are wrong.

3 days ago we fitted a cone filter to a NA and moved the MAF sensor 3 com towards the TB. Car lost 10wkw, place MAF back to origanl place back to 127wkw.

We lengthened the intake pipe lost power again.

This car is not easy to play around with and keeping the max power.
Ryan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 03:10 PM   #4239
Hempo

Drives: Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan86 View Post
Not very often you are wrong.

3 days ago we fitted a cone filter to a NA and moved the MAF sensor 3 com towards the TB. Car lost 10wkw, place MAF back to origanl place back to 127wkw.

We lengthened the intake pipe lost power again.

This car is not easy to play around with and keeping the max power.
On the same tune i presume?
Hempo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 03:20 PM   #4240
Ryan86
Road Warrior

Drives: Toyota 86 Satin Pearl White
Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hempo View Post
On the same tune i presume?
Correct same tune.

I was not referring to your set up, I'm actual very intrigued to see what your mod will do, as the intake pipe gets so much heat from the header.
Ryan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ryan86 For This Useful Post:
Hempo (04-06-2014)
Old 04-06-2014, 03:43 PM   #4241
DeliciousTuning
PhoneFlash by EcuTeK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hempo View Post
I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
If this works, awesome job and if not, you were looking outside the box, literally. Still awesome job.

Cheers,
William Knose
Delicious Tuning
The Following User Says Thank You to DeliciousTuning For This Useful Post:
Hempo (04-06-2014)
Old 04-06-2014, 05:44 PM   #4242
xjohnx
Grip>Slip

Quote:

Cheers,
William Knose
Delicious Tuning
That was my initial thinking as well. I'm nervous enough trying the perrin 3" CAI, but have heard it makes good results.

PS - have you been getting my tickets/emails? It seems like new tickets fall off my track recent tickets page after a few hours. Ticket #289 is the most recent.

Tags
2 whp better than n/a e85, 2 whp? you're an idiot., 2screwsbetterthan0screw, 65 whp better than na e85, bspt fittings ftl, hate u all me no have sc, im just here for the tags, inorite!, it's no turbo but, only big numbers matter, screwyou, whine sexier than turbo, whines_more_than_your_gf, wts grey market butthurt.