follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] For all off-topic discussion topics.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-19-2014, 06:57 PM   #43
zohaib
Wrong Wheel Drive :(
 
zohaib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Drives: FiST
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 142
Thanks: 24
Thanked 75 Times in 33 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I've mastered the dukes of hazard getting into my car. Video pending.
__________________
Ford Fiesta STmountune
wrong wheel drive club of america
zohaib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 07:14 PM   #44
FiRStsc10n
Canadian FR-S Member
 
FiRStsc10n's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Drives: FR-S '10 Series'
Location: Windsor, Ontario
Posts: 1,160
Thanks: 341
Thanked 695 Times in 413 Posts
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSda1K6C9Fk"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSda1K6C9Fk[/ame]
FiRStsc10n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 07:19 PM   #45
zohaib
Wrong Wheel Drive :(
 
zohaib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Drives: FiST
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 142
Thanks: 24
Thanked 75 Times in 33 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
@FiRStsc10n, who gave you permission to follow me around? Let alone in France?
__________________
Ford Fiesta STmountune
wrong wheel drive club of america
zohaib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 07:28 PM   #46
ST22
Member
 
ST22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Drives: 2014 6MT Asphalt FRS
Location: Fort Wayne
Posts: 35
Thanks: 7
Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
6'1" 188 pounds, I'm having no problems at all.
ST22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 07:42 PM   #47
leicaboss
Coffee Snob
 
leicaboss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Drives: '14 SWP BRZ Limited
Location: SF (Mission)
Posts: 992
Thanks: 536
Thanked 395 Times in 250 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
I'm ~ 6'2", 160lbs. Getting in isn't exactly hard, but it isn't like hopping into an SUV or a standard compact either.

I leave my seat in a pretty upright position, the wheel is completely maxed out (telescoped out towards me and upwards towards the roof) to allow my legs to fit underneath. It can get a bit hard getting in and out with longer legs. I never want to sit or crush my bolsters either, so I try to avoid sitting on that portion.

However, this car is way easier to get into than say a Miata. I literally can't drive a Miata comfortably (yes I know there have been tons of tall owners of the MX-5, but I just can't stand it).
leicaboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 11:47 AM   #48
zinzan
Senior Member
 
zinzan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Drives: Subaru BRZ 2014 Limited WRB
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 268
Thanks: 112
Thanked 109 Times in 59 Posts
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
5'8", 155, half-asian guy.

Only issue I have is in my garage, I can't swing the door fully open, so my left foot often scraps the door panel on the way out. Have to wipe off the scuffs fairly frequently.

Since I do worry about the bolsters wearing out, I typically move the seat all the way back before getting out/in. Wish I had memory seats!
__________________
zinzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:46 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2026 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.