follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing

Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing Relating to suspension, chassis, and brakes. Sponsored by 949 Racing.

Register and become an FT86Club.com member. You will see fewer ads

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-28-2014, 08:44 AM   #113
Anthony7515
brz owner
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Drives: 2013 Subaru brz white
Location: Pearl river/ Rockland county
Posts: 475
Thanks: 48
Thanked 48 Times in 35 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by *LongFella View Post
Finally re-adjusted mine. 0 threads left in the front (maybe a half turn more I could go) and 13 left in the rear... Loving it now!
Attachment 64148Attachment 64149
what kind of wheels are those?
Anthony7515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 09:39 AM   #114
FRS-HHH
igotthatpurp
 
FRS-HHH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Location: El paso Tx
Posts: 537
Thanks: 81
Thanked 40 Times in 37 Posts
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FT-86 SpeedFactory View Post
Best coils out there under $1000 no questions asked.
better than bilsteins b14 pss?
FRS-HHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 09:44 AM   #115
*LongFella
Senior Member
 
*LongFella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Drives: 2014 Scion FR-S|Whiteout
Location: Irvine, CA
Posts: 1,006
Thanks: 502
Thanked 478 Times in 313 Posts
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
ST Coilover Pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRS-HHH View Post
better than bilsteins b14 pss?

Are those Bilsteins under $1000?

I paid a little under $800 for my ST's and I thinking I would be hard pressed to fun those Bilsteins for the same price...
__________________
My 2014 FRS build thread: http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52071

“You might be poor, your shoes might be broken, but your mind is a palace.” - Frank McCourt
*LongFella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 09:56 AM   #116
FRS-HHH
igotthatpurp
 
FRS-HHH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Location: El paso Tx
Posts: 537
Thanks: 81
Thanked 40 Times in 37 Posts
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by *LongFella View Post
Are those Bilsteins under $1000?

I paid a little under $800 for my ST's and I thinking I would be hard pressed to fun those Bilsteins for the same price...
bilsteins retail are 1050 shipped but ive been seeing them under 1k shipped when ive asked some of the vendors on here for prices.
FRS-HHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 10:16 AM   #117
*LongFella
Senior Member
 
*LongFella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Drives: 2014 Scion FR-S|Whiteout
Location: Irvine, CA
Posts: 1,006
Thanks: 502
Thanked 478 Times in 313 Posts
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRS-HHH View Post
bilsteins retail are 1050 shipped but ive been seeing them under 1k shipped when ive asked some of the vendors on here for prices.

I guess for a few hundred $$ more you could get the Bilsteins. I have no experience with them, so I can't comment on the quality or ride.

The ST's still seem like the best bang for your buck given quality and ride mentioned on this thread. Plus, a few hundred $$ more is a lot to some folks...

Maybe if I get bored with my ST's I'll try the Bilsteins out
__________________
My 2014 FRS build thread: http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52071

“You might be poor, your shoes might be broken, but your mind is a palace.” - Frank McCourt
*LongFella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 10:17 AM   #118
*LongFella
Senior Member
 
*LongFella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Drives: 2014 Scion FR-S|Whiteout
Location: Irvine, CA
Posts: 1,006
Thanks: 502
Thanked 478 Times in 313 Posts
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRS-HHH View Post
bilsteins retail are 1050 shipped but ive been seeing them under 1k shipped when ive asked some of the vendors on here for prices.

I guess for a few hundred $$ more you could get the Bilsteins. I have no experience with them, so I can't comment on the quality or ride.

The ST's still seem like the best bang for your buck given quality and ride mentioned on this thread. Plus, a few hundred $$ more is a lot to some folks...

Maybe if I get bored with my ST's I'll try the Bilsteins out
__________________
My 2014 FRS build thread: http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52071

“You might be poor, your shoes might be broken, but your mind is a palace.” - Frank McCourt
*LongFella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 10:42 AM   #119
FRS-HHH
igotthatpurp
 
FRS-HHH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Location: El paso Tx
Posts: 537
Thanks: 81
Thanked 40 Times in 37 Posts
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by *LongFella View Post
I guess for a few hundred $$ more you could get the Bilsteins. I have no experience with them, so I can't comment on the quality or ride.

The ST's still seem like the best bang for your buck given quality and ride mentioned on this thread. Plus, a few hundred $$ more is a lot to some folks...

Maybe if I get bored with my ST's I'll try the Bilsteins out
nice..i might get these..but im waiting on the Bilsteins since they are on back order until mid next month so if they dont come in ill just order this. i just dont like the gap i have lol
Attached Images
   
FRS-HHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 11:26 AM   #120
*LongFella
Senior Member
 
*LongFella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Drives: 2014 Scion FR-S|Whiteout
Location: Irvine, CA
Posts: 1,006
Thanks: 502
Thanked 478 Times in 313 Posts
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRS-HHH View Post
nice..i might get these..but im waiting on the Bilsteins since they are on back order until mid next month so if they dont come in ill just order this. i just dont like the gap i have lol
I had the gap for a bit with my 57extremes. I felt I was ready to hit a dune and do a little 4x4 action!

You can't go wrong with either. If you want to save a few hundred, I recommend the ST's. I have yet to bottom out, rub tires in the front or back, and the ride/comfort are damn near close to stock. The extra money you can save can be used towards more parts
__________________
My 2014 FRS build thread: http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52071

“You might be poor, your shoes might be broken, but your mind is a palace.” - Frank McCourt
*LongFella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 11:29 AM   #121
FRS-HHH
igotthatpurp
 
FRS-HHH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Location: El paso Tx
Posts: 537
Thanks: 81
Thanked 40 Times in 37 Posts
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by *LongFella View Post
I had the gap for a bit with my 57extremes. I felt I was ready to hit a dune and do a little 4x4 action!

You can't go wrong with either. If you want to save a few hundred, I recommend the ST's. I have yet to bottom out, rub tires in the front or back, and the ride/comfort are damn near close to stock. The extra money you can save can be used towards more parts
yah seems like a great deal. ill give it these two weeks to see if the Bilsteins become available if not ill go with ST's like you said.
FRS-HHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 12:02 PM   #122
BlueDubbinTDI
Senior Member
 
BlueDubbinTDI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Drives: 2013 FR-S, 2012 MCS
Location: Jax, FL
Posts: 1,975
Thanks: 943
Thanked 570 Times in 356 Posts
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Where's the cheapest place to get these?
BlueDubbinTDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 12:16 PM   #123
Plxdjake89
Senior Member
 
Plxdjake89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S-white out
Location: 818 So Cal
Posts: 612
Thanks: 354
Thanked 169 Times in 110 Posts
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDubbinTDI View Post
Where's the cheapest place to get these?
I'd say rallysport direct. Do it now, they have 10% off until march 9th
Plxdjake89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 12:19 PM   #124
Plxdjake89
Senior Member
 
Plxdjake89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S-white out
Location: 818 So Cal
Posts: 612
Thanks: 354
Thanked 169 Times in 110 Posts
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDubbinTDI View Post
Where's the cheapest place to get these?
Just checked, you could get them for $764.99 shipped!
Plxdjake89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 01:05 PM   #125
FRS-HHH
igotthatpurp
 
FRS-HHH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Location: El paso Tx
Posts: 537
Thanks: 81
Thanked 40 Times in 37 Posts
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plxdjake89 View Post
Just checked, you could get them for $764.99 shipped!
not a bad price
FRS-HHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 01:07 PM   #126
b2autodesigns
Senior Member
 
b2autodesigns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Drives: 1991 Galant VR4
Location: Tampa Florida
Posts: 8,832
Thanks: 67
Thanked 71 Times in 54 Posts
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Guys I have free shipping going on right now for the ST coilovers. Low pricing. The sale ends today. Message me please for a quote.

Thanks
Charles
b2autodesigns is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Coilover Review: FEAL SUSPENSION 441 coilover kit mr. slim Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing 39 11-28-2019 06:30 AM
Scion FR-S Concept First Official Pics/Videos + NYIAS Pics and Press Conference Hachiroku Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum 856 06-14-2018 02:53 PM
RS*R Sports-i Coilover system installed (pics) R0ME0 Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing 139 02-05-2015 03:38 PM
Pics of you!? Pics of your life?! seven Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] 66 12-25-2012 04:49 AM
More stock pics. My Raven FR-S with graffitti background. Sick Pics Hardrock4445 FR-S & 86 Photos, Videos, Wallpapers, Gallery Forum 6 11-11-2012 11:29 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2026 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.