follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 12-20-2013, 10:45 AM   #4019
LBC Por Siempre

Drives: 2008 Toyota Prius, 2012 911 Turbo
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Hiya, I am new here.

My real name is Tim but on here I go by "LBC Por Siempre" which translates "Long Beach City For Ever".

I was born and raised in Long Beach, North Town Long Beach, where a lot of the fast a furious car culture and modification went down like it did all over Southern California. Extremely mixed and diversified racial cross section. Black folks, White Folks, Mexican/Latin Americans, Chinese, Vietnamese, Filipino, Samoan, Tongan Americans - I can go on and on. Its one of the reasons I am so proud of my roots.

I graduated from Jordan High School in 1992, Blue City - Proud of the 90805.

Currently living full time in Bakersfield. Moved back up here about two years ago to help my mom with my father's stage 4 Pancreatic Cancer. On the 5th of this year its been just over a year since he joined his loved ones in heaven.

I do have plans on moving back to Long Beach, specifically Belmont Shore or Naples.

Career wise I started out as boots on ground tech support working huge deployments, generally large businesses with 600 - 3000 employees.

eventually I did get some certifications earlier on concentrating on Cisco and Networking. But I soon found out there tends to be a glut on individuals who have the more popular Certs. So I decided to concentrate on the tougher certifications and the certs no one has heard of. Most specifically Management certs, Project Management, Business Process - Since I did get my Four year Bachelor's degree in business with a concentration in MIS, and finally I.T.I.L. and COBIT.

I'm telling you, you get the right certifications then you can write your own checks.

In 2012 I was blessed by being able to finally afford and purchase one of my all time dream cars, a 2012 Porsche 911 Turbo that I had painted "Arena Red" which was the dark red Burgundy Color I fell in love with back in the mid 90s 993 Turbos - which were the last of the air cooled 911s. I wish I could order an FRS or BRZ in any color I wanted. Porsche charges about $5500 for the privilege.

I drive my Prius about 97% of the time. Its a 2008 and is getting long in the Tooth with the Mileage. For Business I drive a lot between LA/OC Counties which it ain't too difficult to find parking, especially parking you do not have to pay for.

I got a wylde-hare up my buttocks the other day and went down to Bakersfiel Gasoline Alley to take a look at the new Prius (C)ity version version. I checked out all the offerings including the base Fiat 500 and then I test drove the Abarth. That Abarth is funner than just about anything else out there, just as fun as a Shifter Go-Kart.

Then I finally walked by one of the upgraded FRS on the Scion lot; I went to look at the new Scions and get the discounted oil change for my Prius.

If anyone knows who Chris Harris is got check out his review of the FRS/BRZ/GT86... that's about exactly how I felt driving the FRS. It brought a lot of my inner child out, all these ideas of what I could do to the car to make it "FUNNER" to drive. But off the lot its just fine for probably over 99.SOMETHING% of the general public. Subaru really hit a homer by putting the engine the lowest out of any other car made in the US. Then Toyota with their fuel injection has made for an awesome combo. At first I thought the 2.0L engine was Subaru's world car engine they use in everything including the basis for their rally program.

So I will leave it at that. As I said before in another thread if I go off topic too much or get too word or just write TMI please LEMME know.

Thank you for your time and attention.

Oh I also go by the nickname Tree since in my friend circle in la/oc/lbc there are about 8 of us named Tim. So feel free to call me "TREE"

Saludos Muchos

Tree

Last edited by LBC Por Siempre; 12-20-2013 at 03:22 PM.
LBC Por Siempre is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LBC Por Siempre For This Useful Post:
Danny86 (12-20-2013), humfrz (12-20-2013)
Old 12-20-2013, 10:47 AM   #4020
humfrz

Drives: 2013 FR-S, white, MT
Thanked 31,920 Times in 16,467 Posts
Mentioned: 709 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insanity View Post
Ik the feeling!! it was just suppose to be an exhaust....now its wheels suspension, tailights, lip kits spoiler(maybe), custom paint(not as cool as you think). then when corsa markets their intake ill pair that with the exhaust and get a crank and pulley. hopefully that will be ok for awhile because i want to track it in a couple of years.....the bug has bitten!!!
Oh ..... my

Sounds like the "bug" has already taken a big bite out of your paycheck ....... how about some FI to finish it off ....

humfrz
humfrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 11:12 AM   #4021
Insanity

Drives: FR-S
Quote:
Originally Posted by humfrz View Post
Oh ..... my

Sounds like the "bug" has already taken a big bite out of your paycheck ....... how about some FI to finish it off ....

humfrz
Oh god, and the newb comes out!! Whats FI??? lol
Insanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 11:15 AM   #4022
CoolBReeZe
Canyon Carver

Drives: 2013 CBS BRZ Limited 6MT
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Oh god, and the newb comes out!! Whats FI??? lol
Forced Induction, i.e. turbo or supercharged.
'13 Crystal Black Silica BRZ Limited 6MT | Michelin Pilot Super Sports | Limo tint | WeatherTech mats & cargo liner | LEDs replace incandescents | Rydeen backup camera | LED mirror covers | smoke side markers | cQuartz Finest nano paint protection | full front clear bra | stubby antenna | Euro armrest | Grimmspeed hood struts, MC brace
CoolBReeZe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 11:31 AM   #4023
Insanity

Drives: FR-S
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolBReeZe View Post
Forced Induction, i.e. turbo or supercharged.
Oh oh oh oh, well depending on the progress and the ability at the time. Like five years down the road, yes i would want to think about putting a turbo in.
Insanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 11:41 AM   #4024
humfrz

Quote:
Oh oh oh oh, well depending on the progress and the ability at the time. Like five years down the road, yes i would want to think about putting a turbo in.
Yep, like explained ..... FI = Forced Induction.

Unless you're and old coot ...... where FI may still = Fuel Injection .....

humfrz
Old 12-20-2013, 12:31 PM   #4025
Danny86

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS Raven Black M/T
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBC Por Siempre View Post
Hiya, I am new here.

My real name is Tim but on here I go by "LBC Por Siempre" which translates "Long Beach City For Ever".

I was born and raised in Long Beach, North Town Long Beach, where a lot of the fast a furious car culture and modification went down like it did all over Southern California. Extremely mixed and diversified racial cross section. Black folks, White Folks, Mexican/Latin Americans, Chinese, Vietnamese, Filipino, Samoan, Tongan Americans - I can go on and on. Its one of the reasons I am so proud of my roots.

I graduated from Jordan High School in 1992, Blue City - Proud of the 90805.

Currently living full time in Bakersfield. Moved back up here about two years ago to help my mom with my father's stage 4 Pancreatic Cancer. On the 5th of this year its been just over a year since he joined his loved ones in heaven.

I do have plans on back to Long Beach, specifically Belmont Shore or Naples.

Career wise I started out as boots on ground tech support working huge deployments, generally large businesses with 600 - 3000 employees.

eventually I did get some certifications earlier on concentrating on Cisco and Networking. But I soon found out there tends to be a glut on individuals who have the more popular Certs. So I decided to concentrate on the tougher certifications and the certs no one has heard of. Most specifically Management certs, Project Management, Business Process - Since I did get my Four year Bachelor's degree in business with a concentration in MIS, and finally I.T.I.L. and COBIT.

I'm telling you, you get the right certifications then you can write your own checks.

In 2012 I was blessed by being able to finally afford and purchase one of my all time dream cars, a 2012 Porsche 911 Turbo that I had painted "Arena Red" which was the dark red Burgundy Color I fell in love with back in the mid 90s 993 Turbos - which were the last of the air cooled 911s. I wish I could order an FRS or BRZ in any color I wanted. Porsche charges about $5500 for the privilege.

I drive my Prius about 97% of the time. Its a 2008 and is getting long in the Tooth with the Mileage. For Business I drive a lot between LA/OC Counties which it ain't too difficult to find parking, especially parking you do not have to pay for.

I got a wylde-hare up my buttocks the other day and went down to Bakersfiel Gasoline Alley to take a look at the new Prius (C)ity version version. I checked out all the offerings including the base Fiat 500 and then I test drove the Abarth. That Abarth is funner than just about anything else out there, just as fun as a Shifter Go-Kart.

Then I finally walked by one of the upgraded FRS on the Scion lot; I went to look at the new Scions and get the discounted oil change for my Prius.

If anyone knows who Chris Harris is got check out his review of the FRS/BRZ/GT86... that's about exactly how I felt driving the FRS. It brought a lot of my inner child out, all these ideas of what I could do to the car to make it "FUNNER" to drive. But off the lot its just fine for probably over 99.SOMETHING% of the general public. Subaru really hit a homer by putting the engine the lowest out of any other car made in the US. Then Toyota with their fuel injection has made for an awesome combo. At first I thought the 2.0L engine was Subaru's world car engine they use in everything including the basis for their rally program.

So I will leave it at that. As I said before in another thread if I go off topic too much or get too word or just write TMI please LEMME know.

Thank you for your time and attention.

Oh I also go by the nickname Tree since in my friend circle in la/oc/lbc there are about 8 of us named Tim. So feel free to call me "TREE"

Saludos Muchos

Tree
Quite the extensive introductory post there Tree man

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Danny86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 01:16 PM   #4026
frsgal

Drives: 2014 FRS, Ultramarine Blue!
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Good morning all! I'm a brand new FRS owner...just got mine about 36 hours ago. I can't believe how awesome these cars are right off the lot! I doubt I'll be doing any mods anytime soon; I'm a little broke now. haha.
frsgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 01:22 PM   #4027
Danny86

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS Raven Black M/T
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by frsgal View Post
Good morning all! I'm a brand new FRS owner...just got mine about 36 hours ago. I can't believe how awesome these cars are right off the lot! I doubt I'll be doing any mods anytime soon; I'm a little broke now. haha.
Good morning and welcome! Don't worry too much about modding yet as it is already awesome! Lol if you love this car as much as everyone else does around here you will fit in just fine.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Danny86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 02:30 PM   #4028
humfrz

Quote:
Originally Posted by frsgal View Post
...... frsgal!

If you have any questions about your new car, a good way to search this database is to use "Google" as a search engine.

Just preface your search criteria with
"site:ft86club.com" (sans quotes)

If you still have questions, just post them up and we will help you.

humfrz
Old 12-21-2013, 12:03 AM   #4029
Grant24

Drives: '14 FRS Asphalt MT
New to the family here. Picked my frs up around 7pm tonight in Houston. Damn it's going to be hard keeping this thing under 4,000 rpm for a whole 1,000 miles. Lol. Right now, just planning exhaust and intake to hold me for a while.
Grant24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 12:34 AM   #4030
archer

Drives: 2001 jeep wrangler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant24 View Post
New to the family here. Picked my frs up around 7pm tonight in Houston. Damn it's going to be hard keeping this thing under 4,000 rpm for a whole 1,000 miles. Lol. Right now, just planning exhaust and intake to hold me for a while.
Breaking in an engine sucks doesn't it? lol
archer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 12:42 AM   #4031
Bart1

Drives: Porsche, MINI, Jeep - No flat 4 yet
Just traded in my MINI on a FR-S. I was wanting one when I got the mini but didn't want to pay for a new one (hard to even find new ones at that point).

Don't think I'll be modding, but I will search around on here. If there is anything I can do to improve reliability I will want to do that. Any suggestions? It will be my DD and I will put a lot of miles on it.

2013 Raven. 5k miles. Bought extended warranty to 100k. Car is 99% as far as I can tell.

Bart1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 12:47 AM   #4032
humfrz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant24 View Post
CONGRATULATIONS ...... and ......

Let's see ...... 1000 mile break in ...... a trip over to New Orleans and back over the weekend, would just about get you there ....

humfrz

Tags
6mt, bot. report?, frs, notreally, turbo