follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB

Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB Problems, issues, recalls, TSBs

User Tag List

Old 12-08-2013, 04:46 PM   #29
JohnAyySays

Drives: Scion FR-S Whiteout
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
@boredom.is.me @humfrz thanks will definitely take your guys tips into consideration! Really appreciate it guys!
Old 12-08-2013, 04:53 PM   #30
boredom.is.me
Custom User Title

Drives: Asphalt FR-S MT
Thanked 1,182 Times in 697 Posts
Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Garage
Oh and watch out for curbs...and poles, and other stuff that like to reach out for cars.
Old 12-08-2013, 05:05 PM   #31
humfrz

Drives: 2013 FR-S, white, MT
Thanked 31,935 Times in 16,471 Posts
Mentioned: 709 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAyySays View Post
@boredom.is.me @humfrz thanks will definitely take your guys tips into consideration! Really appreciate it guys!
Yep, and ..... remember, especially in California, after a dry spell and then it rains ..... be extra careful .... the roads are super slick.

Also, when I mention "jerky" moves, I mean that, although your car may be able to quickly and safely change position, that doesn't mean that the other drivers can react that quickly.

Why not? Because there is a good chance they are "impared" OR zoned out OR communicating on their cell phones OR fussing with their kids OR ..... well, you get the idea .....

humfrz
humfrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 06:59 PM   #32
Wolfking

Drives: Asphalt FRS
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I have no idea how you were driving and I'm not judging you. From my own experiences I'd advise you to get a front strut tower bar and roll on 225 rubber at the very least. Based from years of trail and error tuning my previous cars, this is my FR car, must have, street tune rule! ~God speed!
Wolfking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 09:47 PM   #33
Suberman
Banned

Drives: Subaru BRZ Sport Tech Satin White
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
@Suberman @boredom.is.me @cjsporl1996 When I drive my car I always have everything on so maybe that had to do with it? Not sure but I'm still trying to get used to my car like the above post says so I'm not sure if its a smart thing to learn to drive the car without everything on when on public roads, whats your guys opinion on it? My car before actually had no traction control or anything of that but then again I never drove my car like I drove my frs now so yea.
Just ease your way into this car. It is a great learning car but, as you've discovered, it is designed to be "fun to drive".

Leave TRAC on and "listen" to the chassis. Then try VSC setting and feel the rear end step out further before the electronics step in. Once you have that all dialled into the seat of your pants switch TRAC off and go for it.
Suberman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 09:49 PM   #34
Maverick22

Drives: 2013 Rocketbunny GT86
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by suaveflooder View Post
If the alignment checks out and it's just that wheel, you are all set. Time to save up for some aftermarket rims

This
Maverick22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 10:27 PM   #35
Rico415

Drives: 13FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by boredom.is.me View Post
I have to agree with you there. I drive with TC off, dry or rain, but not on highways.

Regarding the snapping, that's just you. I've only snapped playing around trying new things, as in "I wonder what happens if I do this."

Unless you are actively planning on hanging the ass out why on earth would you turn it off... (and do not do it on public roads)

You think you know how to handle your car but you never know what the other idiots on the road are going to do that you will have to react to.

There is absolutely no reason to drive with it off please do everyone on the road a favor and leave you shit on. My family would greatly appreciate it as would our collective insurance rates.
Rico415 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rico415 For This Useful Post:
Wolfking (12-10-2013)
Old 12-08-2013, 10:47 PM   #36
boredom.is.me
Custom User Title

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico415 View Post
Unless you are actively planning on hanging the ass out why on earth would you turn it off... (and do not do it on public roads)

You think you know how to handle your car but you never know what the other idiots on the road are going to do that you will have to react to.

There is absolutely no reason to drive with it off please do everyone on the road a favor and leave you shit on. My family would greatly appreciate it as would our collective insurance rates.
Do you go around telling people who own cars without TC this?
I prefer my inputs over the car's retardation when there is any sign of slip. I also feel way more comfortable. Why does this appeal to me more? I know how the car behaves with it on and I don't like it. The allows a slight bit of angle, then cuts throttle. That just plants the rear end and swings the front. In fact if you read the thread, you would see that I'm not the only one.
Old 12-08-2013, 10:52 PM   #37
boredom.is.me
Custom User Title

Garage
Plus, you don't know me. You don't know how I drive. You don't know where I drive. You don't know the precautions I take just getting from home to school everyday. You don't know how texting idiots I deal with, or people who don't know of such things like stop signs and right-of-ways. You don't know the grade of road I drive on. You don't know where I live, or how I pull into traffic. So don't tell me anything.

The moral of the story is simple. Drive for yourself, the cars around you, and the cars that are coming (or just in the greater vicinity).

And that concludes my little rant.
Old 12-08-2013, 11:36 PM   #38
cjsporl1996
Banned

Drives: WRB BRZ, Monte Carlo SS
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico415 View Post

I think that is more personal opinion than fact that " you think you know how to handle your car" the stability control and traction control system at least in this car is very temper mantle and not always predictable. From learning how to drive cars that do not carry these "safety" features and driving a car that does have these features I would rather trust my own instincts in any situation instead of a computer that is programmed to act the same given any situation that the wheel slips.
cjsporl1996 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cjsporl1996 For This Useful Post:
boredom.is.me (12-08-2013)
Old 12-08-2013, 11:49 PM   #39
avp1

Drives: Traded BRZ for Supra
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
@Suberman @boredom.is.me @cjsporl1996 When I drive my car I always have everything on so maybe that had to do with it? Not sure but I'm still trying to get used to my car like the above post says so I'm not sure if its a smart thing to learn to drive the car without everything on when on public roads, whats your guys opinion on it? My car before actually had no traction control or anything of that but then again I never drove my car like I drove my frs now so yea.
If you are on public road, keep all nannies ON. When you are on the track - that is time to get loose.
avp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 12:09 AM   #40
Rico415

Drives: 13FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by boredom.is.me View Post
Plus, you don't know me. You don't know how I drive. You don't know where I drive. You don't know the precautions I take just getting from home to school everyday. You don't know how texting idiots I deal with, or people who don't know of such things like stop signs and right-of-ways. You don't know the grade of road I drive on. You don't know where I live, or how I pull into traffic. So don't tell me anything.

The moral of the story is simple. Drive for yourself, the cars around you, and the cars that are coming (or just in the greater vicinity).

And that concludes my little rant.

All i need to know about you you already stated YOU turn it off. Enough said.

If you car comes with a safety device only an ass would turn it off on a public road thinking they are better than the computer.

There are enough posts on this forum on people who thought they knew better and wrecked their cars I do not remember any who said the nannies were ON when they did it...
Rico415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 12:17 AM   #41
boredom.is.me
Custom User Title

Garage
Again, you don't know me, so don't compare me to anyone else. The only thing you are doing is making ignorant assumptions about me. Congrats, you have bested me. Now are you going to go after the other two posters in this thread.

And again, if you read what I posted, you wouldn't be shitting on me. Be responsible on the road and stay safe.

Done.
Old 12-09-2013, 12:29 AM   #42
Dezoris

Drives: FR-S
Thanked 2,997 Times in 1,095 Posts
Mentioned: 159 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
I curbed my car first month I had it. Cold tires eager right foot.
Side impacts like that will usually destroy your wheel bearing if not today sooner or later it wilk fail.
Wheel and tire for sure and I would proactively replace lower control arm. they are very easy to bend and deflect. Then re align.