follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Mid-Atlantic

Mid-Atlantic DC, DE, MD, VA, WV

User Tag List

Old 10-16-2013, 11:19 PM   #1
SupraFly85

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Fuel Cut issue

Hi all,

I have just started experiencing the dreaded idle issue and am also getting fuel cut. The full details are posted in the Issues/Warranty/Recalls section here:
http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49276

That section does not seem to get as quick as response as this one so I posted here because I wanted to have an idea of whats going on before I try to contact the dealer. The gist of it is I got idle problems, shaking and stalling after I installed Greddy Evo 3 catback, I reset the ECU and all was well for about a week. Today the idle came back and another issue, I get fuel cut in 2nd and 3rd gear under partial and full throttle. It feels like I push the gas pedal down and get no response and then all of a sudden at 4k it feels like normal and car accelerates as usual. Anyone experienced similar or know if this is related to the notorious idle issue so many people have had.

I have AEM Intake, perrin overpipe and frontpipe, and as mentioned, once I added the Greddy fatback to the list this started happening within a week.

Edit: Went for another drive after this happened and before I posted this and the idle issue has temporarily gone away, pretty sure it will come back though.
Old 10-17-2013, 12:15 AM   #2
SupraFly85

Garage
so I just got off the phone with a buddy of mine, he is a mechanic for mercedes and use to build really nice VW's. He's pretty knowledgable about modding cars and he mentioned this could be a tuning issue and said I might want to consider getting a tune for it. What do you guys think? It sounds like a reasonable conclusion to me but I don't know as much as I would like to about this stuff.
SupraFly85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 06:39 AM   #3
Nickd123

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S Raven
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Dude i was just having this same problem except it made my check engine light come on. Its most likely the AEM intake. I think it was making my car run rich. I bypassed that dumbass ETI module(that im sure is defective) and I don't have any idle issues anymore. Idles right at 600 and stays there. Try that and see if it helps.
Nickd123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 08:08 AM   #4
SupraFly85

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickd123 View Post
Dude i was just having this same problem except it made my check engine light come on. Its most likely the AEM intake. I think it was making my car run rich. I bypassed that dumbass ETI module(that im sure is defective) and I don't have any idle issues anymore. Idles right at 600 and stays there. Try that and see if it helps.
Thanks man. I bypassed it this morning and am heading to school now. Will post an update later today or tomorrow after I put some miles on it. Keeping my fingers crossed
Old 10-19-2013, 10:30 PM   #5
SupraFly85

Garage
Just an update on this in case anyone else has similar issues and ends up reading this. I listened to what @Nickd123 had mentioned and bypassed the AEM module, only been driving for a few days so far but no idle issues or fuel cut.