follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Software Tuning

Software Tuning Discuss all software tuning topics.

User Tag List

Old 10-11-2013, 08:42 PM   #1
BC-Boy

Drives: 2013 Brz sport-tech
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
UniChip Update

Just got the cable in , tried pretty much every map that applies to my mods which are Invidia resonated front pipe,KN drop in , Greddy rear section. and the dropin+catback+headers 92oct timing in fuel normal map is the best. the first which worked well was drop in + catback timing in fuel in but the idle was horrible and the catback + headers with fuel in timing in was good but had a sluggish throttle feel where as now shes peppy and pulls really hard. drives smooth and does not act up. my roommates ap2 s2k has trouble keeping up now where as before the tune he would pull away at any time as long as he was in higher revs . now he has to get lucky to keep up . Has anyone tried the eneos sustina oil ?? if so how do you like it ? what does everyone run for oil in these cars to lube properly due to the energy efficient 0w20 recommended weight . I was thinking 0w30 or 5w50 ??
BC-Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 09:01 PM   #2
Boofneenee
Go-Kart Enthusiast

Drives: Toyota Scion FRS
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
my favorite map is the timing standard and fuel out map. still gives the engine that high rev feel but with more power.
Old 10-11-2013, 10:28 PM   #3
BC-Boy

Drives: 2013 Brz sport-tech
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boofneenee View Post
my favorite map is the timing standard and fuel out map. still gives the engine that high rev feel but with more power.
I tried fuel out with timing - , standard, and +. in the catback and catback + headers and in both it didn't seem to pull as hard . I found it to pull very good in the catback + drop in fuel standard and timing + but didn't like the idle at all it kept droping and to a near stall with the catback+headers it revs between 600 and 700 idle and runs very smooth. p.s its only 15degrees Celsius here and down to 4 at night. so not the same tune I would run in the summer when it gets to 35-38 with a lot of sun then ill lean it out and retard the timing to the standard position.
BC-Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 11:13 AM   #4
Boofneenee
Go-Kart Enthusiast

I also enjoy the most conservative map they offer which is the fuel in, timing out 92 oct. It has a very near stock feel with respect to being fluid in the rev bar acceltrating smoothly and straight to 7k but this has additional power.

I will try the timing + and fuel standard map as you suggest but I can already predict I wont like it. Each time I mess with the timing I feel more of a vicious, torqy pull at lower rpm's and lose some of that fast reving feel the stock car offers in lower rpms.
Old 10-12-2013, 06:22 PM   #5
Boofneenee
Go-Kart Enthusiast

ok.. so I did just try the most aggressive map that you suggested (fuel out/timing in) and I love it. awesome so far.

do you notice that your fuel pump goes ballistic with a more aggresive tune? makes sense but damn.. people must think i have a birds nest with new born's under the hood.
Old 10-14-2013, 07:52 PM   #6
mtimney

Drives: 2013 BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
UniChip Jack...

Is there a map that 'MIGHT' allow you to run the car safely about 50 miles just after installing a supercharger so I could drive to get a tune? Assume about a 9 psi setup and the car already has a header and full exhaust. I want to save money and install the SC myself, but then I'm not sure I can get it to a tuner without towing.

BTW.... I had contacted you before about issues I was having with maps for my new header. Since I had the fuel pump replaced it's been running great! Thanks again for all the help.
Mark
mtimney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 08:00 PM   #7
whitefrs
Love Boost!!!!!!!!

Drives: Whiteout Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 87 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtimney View Post
UniChip Jack...

Is there a map that 'MIGHT' allow you to run the car safely about 50 miles just after installing a supercharger so I could drive to get a tune? Assume about a 9 psi setup and the car already has a header and full exhaust. I want to save money and install the SC myself, but then I'm not sure I can get it to a tuner without towing.

BTW.... I had contacted you before about issues I was having with maps for my new header. Since I had the fuel pump replaced it's been running great! Thanks again for all the help.
Mark
r u getting an ecutek tune?
Old 10-16-2013, 07:00 AM   #8
mtimney

Drives: 2013 BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitefrs View Post
r u getting an ecutek tune?
No... I'm on UniChip and would like to stay there if I can.
mtimney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 09:14 AM   #9
xjohnx
Grip>Slip

Drives: 13 SWP BRZ Ltd - Innovate Powered!
Thanked 1,716 Times in 1,031 Posts
Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
No... I'm on UniChip and would like to stay there if I can.
Please look into RomRaider/ECUFlash, OFT, BRZEdit, or ECUTek if you plan on running boost. You don't want to try to run forced induction with a piggy back as your only engine management, IMO.

Also, @mtimney - make sure you talk to your tuner about your engine management plans beforehand. I suspect they may have the same reservations that I have.

Last edited by xjohnx; 10-16-2013 at 10:57 AM.
xjohnx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 10:35 AM   #10
Unichip Jack

Drives: E36 M3, Whiteout FR-S
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
mtimney... yes, PM sent.

Cheers
Unichip Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 12:03 PM   #11
EAGLE5
Dismember

Drives: 2013 Red Scion FR-S
Thanked 3,999 Times in 2,155 Posts
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
UniChip Jack...

Mark
Why not just leave the SC belt off? Would be fine for any centrifugal SC.
EAGLE5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
eneos, oil, s2k, tune, unichip