follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Member's Car Journals

Member's Car Journals Car journals by our members.

User Tag List

Old 09-17-2013, 10:25 PM   #463
Hawk77FT

Drives: GTS 86
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
*You're.
Also, if a seller sucks balls at customer service people should be aware about it in their dealings with them. You can't ask people to post only positive stuff, that's stupid and vain. No need to be a **** about it either. I am sure he is not the only one who knows about the shit cs from some vendors.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
Hawk77FT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 01:51 AM   #464
stevo_12v

Drives: Mazda MX-6 Turbo, Toyota GTS86 37J
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Yes you are a blind newb.

@Scalzo "Quote"..

I wouldn't use the word 'hate'. That is such a strong word.. "derision" would be more apt. I'd like to think I'm doing a favour to some of the ZX6 people here in regards to tuning choices.

The low down of bad vendors has to be brought out into the open so other people(esp NON USA/Canadian) residents don't get conned into buying EcuTek @FA20Club.com tunes. Also please note if your an Australian and wanting to tune on a PROPER dyno with EcuTek, some tuners/workshops will intentionally not recognise or fail to recognise that your License is a LEGITIMATE EcuTek license as it wasn't purchased through the proper channels(MRT in NSW) or via the tuner through MRT. Just a bunch of money grabbing pricks like To.. err FA2.. err.. some USA tuners, not too dissimilar to some Aussie workshops.

As for the emails to-and-fro, think of it as a 'heads up' for any one potentially considering to purchase one of Tony's basetun.. err remote "EcuTek-Tuning-Solution". And besides, the previous post has been modified by one of the moderators and it was only the LAST image that had PARTIAL EMAILS(which I have since edited and will repost).
The only emails that show now are MINE and TONY's.

And yes, I consider your a 'Blind newbie'. I've just skimmed through your build thread lol
Good idea to go for forced induction without even considering ANY supporting mods!!
Oil Cooler?
Radiator?
BBK?
if not BBK.. AT LEAST Pads, Rotors, Fluid?? OH COME ON NOW.
Least you've changed up to nice, big heavy and wide blingy wheels

However I love your support for FA20Club:
"Review on the FA20CLUB,
Tony is the best, The kit was missing a few fittings some parts had to be modified but we were expecting this since nothing is ever bolt on. Tony 's guys forgot to send me the intake pipe so we just put the intake on the turbo itself."

And then your review on the guys who installed your Turbo:
"Review on VAG motorsport,
Nothing to review guys, you guys are the best! Through all the garages i've been through with all my cars, this is the garage I would recommend! Alex brought me to the back where Dom was working on my car multiple times, to show me the progress. They stayed afterhours which i didn't expect them to do. IF YOU NEED A PROPER GARAGE , These are the guys to see."
(post #95 of your build thread: http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showp...9&postcount=95)
"Alright haven't updated in a while.
One of my oil lines fittings were loose and my car almost caught fire, thank god it didn't!
The oil was all over my lines, headers."
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stevo_12v For This Useful Post:
ATL BRZ (09-30-2013), SwedishLlama (09-18-2013)
Old 09-18-2013, 10:00 AM   #465
Scalzo

Drives: Asphalt FRS <3
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevo_12v View Post
@Scalzo "Quote"..

I wouldn't use the word 'hate'. That is such a strong word.. "derision" would be more apt. I'd like to think I'm doing a favour to some of the ZX6 people here in regards to tuning choices.

The low down of bad vendors has to be brought out into the open so other people(esp NON USA/Canadian) residents don't get conned into buying EcuTek @FA20Club.com tunes. Also please note if your an Australian and wanting to tune on a PROPER dyno with EcuTek, some tuners/workshops will intentionally not recognise or fail to recognise that your License is a LEGITIMATE EcuTek license as it wasn't purchased through the proper channels(MRT in NSW) or via the tuner through MRT. Just a bunch of money grabbing pricks like To.. err FA2.. err.. some USA tuners, not too dissimilar to some Aussie workshops.

As for the emails to-and-fro, think of it as a 'heads up' for any one potentially considering to purchase one of Tony's basetun.. err remote "EcuTek-Tuning-Solution". And besides, the previous post has been modified by one of the moderators and it was only the LAST image that had PARTIAL EMAILS(which I have since edited and will repost).
The only emails that show now are MINE and TONY's.

And yes, I consider your a 'Blind newbie'. I've just skimmed through your build thread lol
Good idea to go for forced induction without even considering ANY supporting mods!!
Oil Cooler?
Radiator?
BBK?
if not BBK.. AT LEAST Pads, Rotors, Fluid?? OH COME ON NOW.
Least you've changed up to nice, big heavy and wide blingy wheels

However I love your support for FA20Club:
"Review on the FA20CLUB,
Tony is the best, The kit was missing a few fittings some parts had to be modified but we were expecting this since nothing is ever bolt on. Tony 's guys forgot to send me the intake pipe so we just put the intake on the turbo itself."

And then your review on the guys who installed your Turbo:
"Review on VAG motorsport,
Nothing to review guys, you guys are the best! Through all the garages i've been through with all my cars, this is the garage I would recommend! Alex brought me to the back where Dom was working on my car multiple times, to show me the progress. They stayed afterhours which i didn't expect them to do. IF YOU NEED A PROPER GARAGE , These are the guys to see."
(post #95 of your build thread: http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showp...9&postcount=95)
"Alright haven't updated in a while.
One of my oil lines fittings were loose and my car almost caught fire, thank god it didn't!
The oil was all over my lines, headers."
Your absolutely retarded lol.
I think I made my point.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
Old 09-18-2013, 12:06 PM   #466
stevo_12v

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scalzo View Post
I think I made my point.

No dude, you just got shut down. You ARE a lil newbie. You don't even know what oil your using in your diff.. "Oh.. it's a german brand that is really good.. they use it on porsches".
I think I'll leave it at that.
Old 09-19-2013, 12:28 PM   #467
jx86

Drives: -
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scalzo View Post
I think I made my point.

For the last time.. It's supposed to be YOU'RE. Damn. I thought my English was bad.
Without prejudice to either you, the OP or vendors involved. I'm just going to make a blanket statement. Anybody who reckons it's permissible to increase power without the relevant supporting mods is an accident waiting to happen. I suppose you could argue it can be compensated with driver "skill" but not knowing what fluids are in your car.. Well that takes the fucking cake.

Last edited by jx86; 09-19-2013 at 12:47 PM.
jx86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 08:17 AM   #468
stevo_12v

Garage
Re-upload emails

Apologies to mods/partial emails involved. I've since edited the shots/correspondence since. The only emails SHOWN are mine and FA20Club...
Here we go:

- - - - 8< - - - - 8< - - - - 8< - - - - 8< - - - - 8< - - - - 8< - - - - 8<

As posted before from a previous post. After over 2.5 months I received my P3cars digital vent. I was finally ecstatic to receive it, then I noticed this shitty logo which @FA20Club.com has significantly defiled with the silk screen logo of their on the face of the guage. As can be seen in the picture below.

I ended up selling this to a good buddy of mine MINUS $20 USD for the cost of a new one. So in effect, he picked up my guage for $20 USD LESS and had FREE shipping. Small price to pay to be rid of any FA20CRAP on my car.

Oh, if anyone is wondering why I'm slightly aggravated with Tony's (lack of) service/support regarding the product selling/shipment and the EcuCrap tunes, check out the below emails and have a gander if your bored..
Observe the abruptness and terseness of his emails. In the end he realised he hadn't sent it(after 7 weeks) cos it was due to his fuck-up, no apology whatsoever.

Tony acknowledges that he made a 'terrible mistake'. The realisation only hitting him AFTER SEVEN WEEKS and FOUR EMAILS that he HAS NOT SENT THE VENT WHICH WAS FULLY PAID(product + shipping) FOR! No apology at all.

I'm usually one to SUPPORT forum vendors, but not this guy. Maybe if your residing in Americuuuh it might be fine, but if your overseas... stay the fuck away.

** Note: Guage was ORDERED AND PAID for June 26th, 2013 **
** Received the Guage TODAY(17th September, 2013).. Not bad for 2.5 months.. I wonder if Tony sent an olympic triathlete to deliver it **

Seems I'm not the only customer who's upset with Tony either..(emails/personal information on this picture are blurred)
Old 09-20-2013, 08:21 AM   #469
stevo_12v

Garage
P3Cars.com Digital Vent Guage Round #2

Ordered this tonight. Hope to get this within a week and not 11+ weeks like the fuckup that was FA20Crap. Looking forward to not having "FA20CLUB" silkscreened on the front of the guage too.
Old 09-21-2013, 07:07 PM   #470
DriftEightSix
Pegasus White

Drives: 86
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Keen to see your review on these.

They look great. How much was the total cost of a set?

Did it add and more width to the front at all? Wouldn't mind if it added 5mm either side.
Quote:
I'm trying to hold off on buying 'too many things' atm. So I'm trying to restrict myself to one part per week. I emailed a good guy.. Jesse Streeter. This guy can get you pretty much any JDM part you need and he's quite reasonable with pricing(hey, good vendors need to make a living too - and ideally then some) but most of all he's damn good with updates on the products you buy from him. You can usually expect an email from him within the hour.

Ordered and paid for this:

I think freight will be around $100-$200.

Stupid bitch customer(one of the tenants in the surrounding buildings) put a nice 'ding' on the 12 o'clock position of my left wheel arch. As a consequence I've decided to 'upgrade' to something that may be HOPEFULLY lighter than the stock OEM fender, but to also something that is much MORE aesthetic and race/rice looking loike.

These apparently are made-to-order so there is at least a month wait for it(similar to the 2 month wait for my RB diffuser to be made). Hopefully they will be ready at the same time my Abflug Spiral bootlid spoiler is finished too.
Old 09-22-2013, 02:07 AM   #471
stevo_12v

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DriftEightSix View Post
Keen to see your review on these.

They look great. How much was the total cost of a set?

Did it add and more width to the front at all? Wouldn't mind if it added 5mm either side.
Already paid the cost to Jesse Streeter($520ish), freight from him to me would be 100-200 I'm guessing. And then I think 5-600 for painting/fitting. But I might give the installation a go myself. Not keen on leaving the car in a dusty panel shop for a day or two
The Following User Says Thank You to stevo_12v For This Useful Post:
DriftEightSix (09-22-2013)
Old 09-24-2013, 12:06 AM   #472
trd_kid
13anned.

Drives: Firestorm FR-S
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
This build is amazing , the only thing wrong with it is that it's not Firestorm red!
trd_kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 11:29 AM   #473
trinitron

Drives: gts 86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
I'm trying to hold off on buying 'too many things' atm. So I'm trying to restrict myself to one part per week. I emailed a good guy.. Jesse Streeter. This guy can get you pretty much any JDM part you need and he's quite reasonable with pricing(hey, good vendors need to make a living too - and ideally then some) but most of all he's damn good with updates on the products you buy from him. You can usually expect an email from him within the hour.

Ordered and paid for this:

I think freight will be around $100-$200.

Stupid bitch customer(one of the tenants in the surrounding buildings) put a nice 'ding' on the 12 o'clock position of my left wheel arch. As a consequence I've decided to 'upgrade' to something that may be HOPEFULLY lighter than the stock OEM fender, but to also something that is much MORE aesthetic and race/rice looking loike.

These apparently are made-to-order so there is at least a month wait for it(similar to the 2 month wait for my RB diffuser to be made). Hopefully they will be ready at the same time my Abflug Spiral bootlid spoiler is finished too.
Sell me your trd carbon fibre fenders please
trinitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 06:51 AM   #474
DriftEightSix
Pegasus White

Drives: 86
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by trinitron View Post
Sell me your trd carbon fibre fenders please
i just came here to ask the same thing!
Old 09-26-2013, 01:27 AM   #475
stevo_12v

Garage
@trinitron, @DriftEightSix: I'll probably be keeping them mainly for two reasons.
1) It's dry carbon so it will be extremely hard to remove the canard/vent as you can't flex it to.
2) I'm going to see if I can fit it over the INGs+ vented holes some way..

FWIW, it cost $500 total(product and freight) from Jesse Streeter if you guys are interested. It's a WHOLE complete replacement for the OEM, comes with the grey tabs and backing for proper installation.
DriftEightSix (09-26-2013)
Old 09-30-2013, 06:05 AM   #476
stevo_12v

Garage
Nothing arrived this week :/ .. Bits and bobs ordered

Not much to update.. just waiting on stuff to get shipped over.

Ordered and paid for this on Friday:

along with a TRD Steering Wheel(FINALLY)

Got bored today and searching the forums and found out about some good precautionary mods I can do to my stock brakes. Ordered a tow strap with hook(for the rear) and some heat reflective tape for the rubber boots near my brakes.

Ordered 2 lineal feet of this stuff:

Rear tow strap with hook. Will have to find some where on the rear underside where I can mount this up to since the RB Diffuser hides both the factory tow hook eyelet locations.

Also I saw this brake cooling duct solution for the 86/BRZ/FR-S @ $380ish..

Haven't decided on getting it... yet. But fuck it.. I'll most probably get it anyway.
supra2nv (02-27-2014)

Tags
36yroldvirginscar, keyboardwarrior, trd