follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Arizona

User Tag List
JonMotoring

Old 09-08-2013, 09:49 PM   #15751
captain_jack

Drives: '13 raven frs, '10 taco,09 gsxr 600
Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jar View Post
Please name this BBQ joint. Having moved from KC I am always looking for, but never finding, a suitable replacement for a local outfit named Oklahoma Joe's.

I am literally trying every BBQ place I find.
Wait what kansas city thats where im from....... Lived in northland.

sent from your mom
captain_jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 09:58 PM   #15752
SpyderMS

Drives: 2014 BRZ - Crystal Black Silica
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by burrito View Post
I'm surprised the electronics held up as well as they did, haha.

Anyway the light messed up my car too... what do you make of all this damage? I can live with the dent but I'm really worried about that underside damage.

What the heck are those lights made out of?!?
See this is why you don't look under the car. If you don't look, everything is just fine...
Old 09-08-2013, 10:01 PM   #15753
GotM

Drives: 14 Porsche Cayman S
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quote:

Anyway the light messed up my car too... what do you make of all this damage? I can live with the dent but I'm really worried about that underside damage.

I was working the coarse when you did this. I thought you ran into the fence when I heard the noise.
1999 BMW M Roadster (2000-2010)
2004 Audi A6 2.7T (2004-2007)
GotM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 10:10 PM   #15754
Evil86

Drives: Monkey-butt red FR-S
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
It was a blast. I just wish I hadn't been such an idiot on my last run...
James S.? The timing light? Was that you? Righteous spin.
MotoEast ECUTEK tune; PPE Engineering intake, EL headers, overpipe, front pipe w/ hi-flow cat, midpipe, and single exit axle-back; GC camber plates; GC coilovers with Koni Sport (r) and Koni 8612 (f); Eibach front springs and Hypercoil rear springs; Hotchkis rear sway bar; Eibach front sway bar; Whiteline positive traction sub-frame inserts and differential support outrigger bushings; 17x9 Enkei RPF1 w/ 245 Hankooks.
Evil86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 10:17 PM   #15755
Jar

Drives: 2014 SWP BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain_jack View Post
Wait what kansas city thats where im from....... Lived in northland.

sent from your mom
Sup fellow expat :happy0180:

It's about as far south as you can get and still technically be in the metro. If you've never had food there, then you need to put it on your bucket list.

KC is supposed to have a lot of good BBQ, but I've never really understood the premise, because frankly some of the better known operations are drivel. Author Bryant's will serve you cold meat, Jack Stack is flavorless and dry, and Gates literally can't open outside of KC proper because the outlying cities like Gladstone and Lenexa always shut them down for health violations. Ollie Gates is big into fundraising for KC politicians and has connections because of it.

Oklahoma Joe's is basically the only BBQ join I ever proselytized, and if you ever check it out you will understand why. It's a massive building, but the line is out the door from the time they open at 11, until they close down. Always.

I would kill to find comparable BBQ around here.
Jar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 10:21 PM   #15756
Evil86

Quote:

Holy crap, the light casings are sheet aluminum, but the base is steel and it is weighted.

Are you sure is wasn't caused insurable road debris on the highway?
MotoEast ECUTEK tune; PPE Engineering intake, EL headers, overpipe, front pipe w/ hi-flow cat, midpipe, and single exit axle-back; GC camber plates; GC coilovers with Koni Sport (r) and Koni 8612 (f); Eibach front springs and Hypercoil rear springs; Hotchkis rear sway bar; Eibach front sway bar; Whiteline positive traction sub-frame inserts and differential support outrigger bushings; 17x9 Enkei RPF1 w/ 245 Hankooks.
The Following User Says Thank You to Evil86 For This Useful Post:
SpyderMS (09-09-2013)
Old 09-08-2013, 10:21 PM   #15757
Ninjin

Drives: SWP BRZ 6MT
Mentioned: 144 Post(s)
Quote:

Ouch. I was too far away to hear the noise, so I thought you got away scot-free (this sort of damage isn't very common).

I just jacked up my car and took a quick look at the parts that got damaged. They don't look structurally critical to my untrained eye. In fact, I have a hard time figuring out what that piece actually does. I wouldn't have many worries driving it like that, but I would recommend taking it to an honest body shop with a good reputation, they will be able to better evaluate the damage and make any needed repairs if you choose to have it fixed. (It may take a while to find a good body shop, some places will say anything to get business.)

Edit: @Evil86 brings up a good point. This may have been caused by road debris on the highway, your insurance would cover such an event.
Ninjin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ninjin For This Useful Post:
SpyderMS (09-09-2013)
Old 09-08-2013, 10:47 PM   #15758
AzFranz
Az to Nm to Az

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
GoPro has dropped the price of the hero 3 from 399 to 329. it sells on base for 269! I have no use to buy one 3 weeks from deploying, but then again maybe I can get some good pics/vids from Doha.

Considering the price is dropping so much does anyone know if they are coming out with an better version?

EDIT: It seems they are coming out with a better version. Possibly recording in 4K for under $400! Other features as well.

Last edited by AzFranz; 09-08-2013 at 11:03 PM.
AzFranz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AzFranz For This Useful Post:
Ninjin (09-08-2013)
Old 09-08-2013, 11:09 PM   #15759
40flash
John 1:12

Drives: Pearl white BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quote:

It's about as far south as you can get and still technically be in the metro. If you've never had food there, then you need to put it on your bucket list.

KC is supposed to have a lot of good BBQ, but I've never really understood the premise, because frankly some of the better known operations are drivel. Author Bryant's will serve you cold meat, Jack Stack is flavorless and dry, and Gates literally can't open outside of KC proper because the outlying cities like Gladstone and Lenexa always shut them down for health violations. Ollie Gates is big into fundraising for KC politicians and has connections because of it.

Oklahoma Joe's is basically the only BBQ join I ever proselytized, and if you ever check it out you will understand why. It's a massive building, but the line is out the door from the time they open at 11, until they close down. Always.

Have you tried this one yet? Lots of seating capacity and still usually busy. We like it. You could call it Arizona Joe's if you like. http://joesrealbbq.com/

Last edited by 40flash; 09-08-2013 at 11:22 PM.
40flash is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 40flash For This Useful Post:
Jar (09-08-2013)
Old 09-08-2013, 11:10 PM   #15760
evo4g63

Drives: 2016 Subaru WRX
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quote:

You have a pm
Old 09-08-2013, 11:30 PM   #15761
Jar

Drives: 2014 SWP BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 40flash View Post
Have you tried this one yet? Lots of seating capacity and still usually busy. We like it. You could call it Arizona Joe's if you like. http://joesrealbbq.com/
I'll hit it up some night this week
Jar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 11:30 PM   #15762
Evil86

Ninjin, thanks for the co-drive today and the intense (at least for me) competition.
The Following User Says Thank You to Evil86 For This Useful Post:
Ninjin (09-09-2013)
Old 09-08-2013, 11:49 PM   #15763
captain_jack

Drives: '13 raven frs, '10 taco,09 gsxr 600
Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
Quote:

Yeah I know Im from there.....? Ive been to all of the bbq jounts there and your accounts are pretty much dead on... dont mean it smart ass like it sounds. Just don't understand your response to my reply.
sent from your mom
captain_jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 11:57 PM   #15764
Ninjin

Drives: SWP BRZ 6MT
Mentioned: 144 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil86 View Post
Ninjin, thanks for the co-drive today and the intense (at least for me) competition.
And thanks for putting yourself in the "yacht club" run group and me in the dry run group.
Ninjin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ninjin For This Useful Post:
burrito (09-09-2013), SpyderMS (09-09-2013)

Tags
arizona, fr-s, mesa, phoenix, scion, tucson, we need a subforum