follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 08-29-2013, 12:19 PM   #15
FLYFISHR

Drives: 2014 BR"ZED" Sport-tech DGM MT
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
link to BRZ details not working for me.
FLYFISHR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 01:26 PM   #16
nathanR

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Got $2,500 off the sticker price when I bought my 2013 three weeks ago. It didn't come with the touch screen radio (thank god) but I'm really digging those knee pads and I will be purchasing them and installing them soon. I rest my right leg against the center console and would love the cushion there.

I'm in the SE region.
nathanR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 02:09 PM   #17
mid_life_crisis

Drives: FR-S 10 #103 AT
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanR View Post
Got $2,500 off the sticker price when I bought my 2013 three weeks ago. It didn't come with the touch screen radio (thank god) but I'm really digging those knee pads and I will be purchasing them and installing them soon. I rest my right leg against the center console and would love the cushion there.

I'm in the SE region.
What dealership discounted one of these?

Last I was told, Subie dealers are still marking theirs up and Scion supposedly can't sell for anything other than the MSRP.

Last edited by mid_life_crisis; 08-29-2013 at 02:24 PM.
mid_life_crisis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 03:08 PM   #18
utekineir
blowhard

Drives: frs, project forester
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOZER View Post
I'm 6'3 and see no need for kneepads
i'm 6'3" and would suck a line of ****s for a kneepad.
utekineir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 03:12 PM   #19
utekineir
blowhard

Quote:
Originally Posted by mid_life_crisis View Post

Last I was told, Subie dealers are still marking theirs up and Scion supposedly can't sell for anything other than the MSRP.
around late june/early july when i was shopping around was at low 27 on a limited brz,

got "500" off a frs with the display radio included for free (wasn't on sticker).

The kicker was how much the scion dealer gave in trade.

net price was what i was looking for and after about an hour of haggling the dealer had doubled what was initially offered in trade (beat 10+ year old vw). Unfortunately due to mass laws it was a car i couldn't risk selling privately.
Old 08-29-2013, 03:18 PM   #20
TOZER

Drives: 2013 Whiteout FR-S
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by utekineir View Post
Well then .. Umm
TOZER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 03:20 PM   #21
mid_life_crisis

Quote:
In which case you would need knee pads.
The Following User Says Thank You to mid_life_crisis For This Useful Post:
BrokenNocturne (08-30-2013)
Old 08-29-2013, 03:22 PM   #22
utekineir
blowhard

Quote:
In which case you would need knee pads.
2 birds with 1 stone
Old 08-29-2013, 03:26 PM   #23
nathanR

Quote:

Hendrick Toyota / Scion in Fayetteville NC. Essentially, the discount got me all the "addons" for free and gave me a little bit off the base price on top of that. I heard about it from one of their sales reps late Friday afternoon and I was down there signing the papers in the early evening.

edit: They were also allowing the military and/or student discount. I can't remember which one it was but it was an additional $500. Sadly, I was unable to take advantage of either.
The Following User Says Thank You to nathanR For This Useful Post:
mid_life_crisis (08-29-2013)
Old 08-29-2013, 04:35 PM   #24
mid_life_crisis

I just visited their website. My god! They load those cars down with every dealer option I think I've ever seen. Worthless Borla exhaust, even more worthless "paint protection", good lord. I hope they discounted the hell out of that crap.
Old 08-29-2013, 04:39 PM   #25
FRiSson

Drives: FR-S MT
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
What's the exchange rate?

Kinda like trading an STD for an STI.
FRiSson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 09:09 AM   #26
nathanR

Quote:
I just visited their website. My god! They load those cars down with every dealer option I think I've ever seen. Worthless Borla exhaust, even more worthless "paint protection", good lord. I hope they discounted the hell out of that crap.
I initially felt the same way. The Borla exhaust sounds great, but I'll probably remove it and sell it at some point if/when I "upgrade". There has been some confusion about whether or not it's a catback system or an axle-back system. Sadly, the dealerships I've spoke to don't seem to know either.

The "paint protection" is the invisible film that they put on the front hood and other places. I had this stuff on my STi (although it was the self-healing variety) and it was pretty awesome. Saved me quite a bit from the rock-chips and nicks I get from highway driving. They put it in several places all over the car, including under the door handles. That sounds kine of useless, but I have rock-hard finger nails that actually scratch the paint so I can appreciate this stuff a little more.

I also like the window tint and the stero upgrade (the non-Bespoke upgrade).

They did have one on the lot that had a $3,000+ GPS system in it. That was crazy as hell.
Old 08-30-2013, 09:24 AM   #27
mid_life_crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanR View Post
The "paint protection" is the invisible film that they put on the front hood and other places. I had this stuff on my STi (although it was the self-healing variety) and it was pretty awesome. Saved me quite a bit from the rock-chips and nicks I get from highway driving. They put it in several places all over the car, including under the door handles. That sounds kine of useless, but I have rock-hard finger nails that actually scratch the paint so I can appreciate this stuff a little more.

I also like the window tint and the stero upgrade (the non-Bespoke upgrade).
Invisible film? I saw it on the door edge of a car. I got the impression of a cheap clearbra type material. Is that reasonably accurate?
Legal window tint is one option I want also.
What stereo upgrade did they have other than Bespoke? I didn't know they had a different option.
It slays me how different the "rules" are at different dealers. Some are like "Options, what are you talking about?" They don't want to deal with upgrades at all. Others pack the car full of everything they can to the point where if there ever is a CARB legal supercharger, they would probably install it and smile all the way to the bank.
Old 08-30-2013, 10:58 AM   #28
nathanR

Yeah, it is definately a form of invisible film. There was some warranty paperwork that was included with it also but I don't recall the brand name.

The stereo "upgrade" was the iPod/MP3 Compatibility thingy. I recalled it as an upgrade, but it was really a $0 option. Sorry for the confusion.

When I get back from lunch, I'll bring my owner's manual (and window sticker) in with me and I'll post back the exact details of everything, including more info about the film.