follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment

Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment Anything related to in-car electronics, navigation, and infotainment.

User Tag List

Old 08-26-2013, 12:27 PM   #15
BII302

Drives: Bimmer
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Any update OP? I'm trying to organize a group buy and was wondering how well it's working out for you.
BII302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 04:52 PM   #16
boarder1995

Drives: 2013 Subie BRZ Limited, black, 6MT
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BII302 View Post
Any update OP? I'm trying to organize a group buy and was wondering how well it's working out for you.
As soon as I get mine, I'll take pics (if the OP hasn't responded) and show it installed without driver initially.
boarder1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 06:09 PM   #17
Rumbaar
Victim's aren't we all

Drives: Toyota GTS 86 - Pegasus White
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Exclamation

I was looking at this from a local supplier [Melbourne, Australia]. They have both left and right side. Not sure if compatible with LHD.

Toyota 86 Subaru BRZ PAIR 10inch sub fibreglass subwoofer boxes
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/161034760...84.m1423.l2649
Rumbaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 09:18 AM   #18
BII302

Drives: Bimmer
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumbaar View Post
I was looking at this from a local supplier [Melbourne, Australia]. They have both left and right side. Not sure if compatible with LHD.

Toyota 86 Subaru BRZ PAIR 10inch sub fibreglass subwoofer boxes
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/161034760...84.m1423.l2649
That actually doesn't look too bad and a pretty good deal for 2 enclosures
BII302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 12:30 PM   #19
kmbkk
First 86 Driver Baby!

Drives: FR-S, Flex
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
I do have a couple more questions. Can the enclosures be ported? The reason I ask is my sub's recommended sealed size is .3-.4 cu ft, whereas these are .56 cu ft. My subs ported size is .5-.75 cu ft. S that fits the ported recommendation. My other question is are these made to have a grill I stalled over the sub and sit flush?
kmbkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 10:55 AM   #20
simplicityinsound

Drives: 2010 Subaru LGT
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
i will submit one of ours. we use the same mold and vary the front design as need by for each customer.

one thing we are pretty adamant about is always having a integrated grille to protect the sub at all times, it could be stealthy or a lil showy like this one

8" audiomobile elite in this one.

SkAsphalt (08-29-2013)
Old 08-29-2013, 11:03 PM   #21
WiKKiD
WiKKiD Large Penis

Drives: 2001 Audi TT Quattro "BT 300+Whp"
Sorry been traveling and won't be back till middle of next week. It only took a week to get my enclosure and it was custom made to order. I did have a chance to listen to it briefly and it's awesome. It looks great installed also. It did not come with mounting hardware but my buddy took care of that for me. I'll have pics soon.
WiKKiD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 11:05 PM   #22
WiKKiD
WiKKiD Large Penis

Drives: 2001 Audi TT Quattro "BT 300+Whp"
Quote:
Originally Posted by boarder1995 View Post
I've just purchased this box as well, in a 10" passenger configuration. I'll likely go with the same Dayton driver from parts-express and some mono sub amp. Any idea of the timeline to get this box? Are they pre-made or made once ordered?
I had my enclosure extended to fit this driver so it protrudes out further then the one in the picture by 1-2"
WiKKiD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 11:52 AM   #23
boarder1995

Drives: 2013 Subie BRZ Limited, black, 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiKKiD View Post
I had my enclosure extended to fit this driver so it protrudes out further then the one in the picture by 1-2"
I've changed the planned driver to an Alpine SWR-10D4 and little Alpine class D mono amp. I'll purchase the driver and amp once the box arrives. I want to do a test fit of the box to see how much trunk it takes up before making a final decision to install it fully. If I don't like it, I'll sell it locally perhaps. Get photos up when you can - we're all anxious to see the installed results.
boarder1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 03:31 AM   #24
Rumbaar
Victim's aren't we all

Drives: Toyota GTS 86 - Pegasus White
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplicityinsound View Post
i will submit one of ours. we use the same mold and vary the front design as need by for each customer.

one thing we are pretty adamant about is always having a integrated grille to protect the sub at all times, it could be stealthy or a lil showy like this one

8" audiomobile elite in this one.
Link to your site, prices, details, etc?
Rumbaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 02:22 AM   #25
Integrity Concepts

Drives: Concepts
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
I originally thought the OP was making a statement about what he feels is the best sub enclosure, but other options have since been shared, so maybe it was meant as a question or at least interpreted as one. Either way, since we pay to be an authorized vendor on this forum, I guess we should probably make it more worthwhile and share our sub enclosure options...

We have 4 individual enclosures that we have spent numerous hours developing for the FR-S / BRZ / GT 86 platform - Passenger and Driver side 10" and 8" models. While our price may be a slight bit above a few of the other enclosure only options discussed here, I will explain the differences and the value in this slightly extra cost.

* We have built 2 part molds from our prototype enclosures to ensure an exacting shape and size of every enclosure we build. The benefit to this full molding is that both the front and back of our enclosures can be made of 100% fiberglass CSM, air bubbles thoroughly rolled out, and the composite compressed for a higher mat to resin ratio, and all of this equates to an increased strength to weight ratio. The other benefit to having a front and back 2 part mold is that the fronts of our enclosures do not have to have the look of simply stretched fleece or the added weight of building up material to avoid it... In custom car audio fabrication circles, we have come to name this stretched fleece look as the "volcano" look, and in many high end shops installers will spend hours extra just to frame the front specially (refer to build pics of Simplicity in Sounds high end enclosure install). Others who care less about weight will build up a variety of materials or even just body filler to avoid the look. We at Integrity Concepts have taken the time to make sure this shaping was completed in the prototyping stage, providing you an enclosure that integrates with the look of your vehicle like a factory piece but without the extra weight or the added cost of high end custom work.

* Our enclosures have been designed so the woofer is recessed and with a special groove in the lip of the opening to allow anyone at any time to integrate one of our grill and trim ring options. This pressed steel grill and trim ring is pressure fit into the face of the enclosure but can be removed quickly and easily with the integrated pull tab. The grill is pressed into a shape that adds strength and allows for high excursion subs - up to 20mm / .75" XMAX. The grill and trim can be color and finish customized, and the trim can also be wrapped in a variety of fabrics, so the combinations are endless.

* Our enclosures fit the contours of the trunk wall like a glove and have a quick release mounting system, all of which keeps it firmly in place. This quick release means you can access your spare tire or remove the enclosure for track days without tools and in 30 seconds or less. This also means that there is no cutting or drilling of the factory trunk liner, and your vehicle can be returned to 100% factory condition in the event of a sale or return of a lease!

* We have also designed our enclosures to be extremely compact taking up as little useful footprint in your trunk as possible while achieving a depth and volume that will accommodate some really large woofers, even the JL 10W6 will fit in our 10" enclosure. With this design we took into consideration the fact that many tuners may want to use a rear upper strut tower bar, so we have shaped it to be up and out of that tower bar mounting area.

* Our enclosures are hand laid to be about 5/16” thick of 100% fiberglass CSM, and in the design we incorporated ribs into the flat areas to eliminate oil canning (flex). We coat the entire back and bottom of each enclosure with a couple thick layers of Cascade Audio Engineering VB1X spray on sound damping compound. All of this equates to an enclosure with less vibration - vibration which could negatively color your listening experience (let your woofer do the talking).

* We use premium gold plated bolt through terminal posts that can except up to 8 gauge wire, not cheap plastic terminal cups that can break, leak, or rattle loose. We include 2-3 feet of 12 gauge high stranded and individually tinned twisted pair sub wire for inside the enclosure. Each enclosure is lined with optional polyfill acoustical dampening material to meet many subwoofer manufacturers’ recommendations and so you can slightly tune it to your liking. We supply mounting screws and a full color manual (no stone unturned).

* The subwoofer mounting ring in our enclosures is made of ¾” MDF sandwiched between the layers of fiberglass CSM providing a fully integrated and rigid front baffle. This MDF ring allows the repeated installation and removal of various woofers, providing a good grab for the screws every time. Other enclosures that rely on only fiberglass in their baffles can allow screws to rattle loose, and if you changed to a woofer with a different hole pattern your enclosure baffle would be full of leaking holes.

* We offer reducing of the internal airspace of our enclosures from our standard .75 cu ft., meaning you can have it custom tailored to your favorite subwoofers volume recommendations or your listening preferences. We do this by using a 2-part foam and adding a wall of fiberglass inside the enclosure, so the weight difference is very minimal.

* We designed the enclosures to be angled forward and upward, using the back corner of the trunk as a horn, in order to best project the sound within the vehicle, and to eliminate any slim chance that the woofers may cancel each other out when running a pair.

* We offer many customizations for your enclosure, some of which include: Bumping up the front mounting surface for wider and deeper woofer applications. Reducing or enlarging the subwoofer mounting hole from the industry standard 9.125”. Each enclosure comes in a factory matching charcoal carpet but we offer wrapping it in a variety of different fabrics/films, spraying it with OEM paint colors, and even overlaying it with real carbon fiber clear coated and buffed to a high gloss finish! Again the possibilities and combinations are virtually endless.

* Each enclosure comes with an embedded product card displaying all of its specs and a S/N for those who care. We ensure the highest levels of quality craftsmanship and offer a 5 year limited warranty on each enclosure, as well as a 30 day return policy.

With all of this it is easy to miss something, but hopefully I didn’t. Right now all of the models are on sale ranging from $279.95 - $339.95 which is 10% - 20% off MSRP. Are these overbuilt? Maybe, but they are built with Integrity (on multiple levels), because that is how we do things around here. I’ll let some pictures do the rest of the talking.

Cheers, Integrity Concepts

Dries Black in case you were wondering

Integrity Concepts is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Integrity Concepts For This Useful Post:
PERRIN (06-12-2014)
Old 09-02-2013, 04:03 AM   #26
OICU812
Just a dude

Drives: Scion FR-S 2013
Thanked 1,188 Times in 852 Posts
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Garage
Yup integrity concepts one, that's one I'll be getting. I like the R&D into this one and the fact its quick removable.
Old 09-09-2013, 05:47 PM   #27
NYCsubaruBRZ
Banned

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ & 99' Ford Explorer
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
heres my 80% complete custom sub box. who needs rear seats anyway?

if you live in or near ny and want a custom box like mine message me
Attached Images

NYCsubaruBRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to NYCsubaruBRZ For This Useful Post:
ft_sjo (09-10-2013)
Old 09-09-2013, 11:22 PM   #28
Thongpocket
Master Troll

Drives: 2013 BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
How much are these others? Because $250 is a great price.
Thongpocket is offline   Reply With Quote