follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Engine, Exhaust, Transmission

Engine, Exhaust, Transmission Discuss the FR-S | 86 | BRZ engine, exhaust and drivetrain.

User Tag List

Old 08-28-2013, 12:03 PM   #29
ARK Performance

Drives: Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
GRiP, average 6 HP midrange increase

DT-S, average 9 HP midrange increase

@dokterdewe: please email me, lerry@arkperformanceusa.com
ARK Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ARK Performance For This Useful Post:
dokterdewe (08-29-2013)
Old 08-28-2013, 12:40 PM   #30
pheoxs
Hold my beer n watch this

Drives: '14 Fiesta ST / '91 240sx
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dokterdewe View Post
hi there Lerry @ARK Performance i am a member with residency outside US, that is Indonesia.

can i contact you about Ark DT-S ? well surely hope you can help me in pricing and custom invoice note..

thanks..
You could also try contacting Titanmotorsports on here. They are a distributor of ARK that I bought mine through. I am international as well (though Canada is quite a bit closer) so they should be able to hook you up.
dokterdewe (08-29-2013)
Old 08-28-2013, 11:42 PM   #31
dokterdewe

Drives: an automatic lightning red 86
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to dokterdewe
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARK Performance View Post
GRiP, average 6 HP midrange increase

DT-S, average 9 HP midrange increase

please email me, lerry@arkperformanceusa.com
i have mailed you please kindly help me..

Quote:
Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
You could also try contacting Titanmotorsports on here. They are a distributor of ARK that I bought mine through. I am international as well (though Canada is quite a bit closer) so they should be able to hook you up.
i will try contact lerry first.. thanks for the help..
dokterdewe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 02:51 PM   #32
ARK Performance

Responded to your email @dokterdewe
dokterdewe (08-29-2013)
Old 08-29-2013, 08:38 PM   #33
dnjshin0bi

Drives: 86 GTS (PW) Manual
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
@ARKPERFORMANCE, what is the weights of these 2 exhaust systems in comparison to the stock catback?

Thanks.
dnjshin0bi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 01:40 PM   #34
ARK Performance

The DT-S I believe was about a pound lighter and GRiP was about 2 pounds lighter give or take, we didn't have a proper scale to really measure oem, GRiP, and DT-S to an extremely accurate number but this is what our scale gave us
Old 08-31-2013, 09:18 AM   #35
Enraged21
#RememberTheBuster

Drives: Firestorm FRS MT
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
@Titanmotorsports I live close by but could not see anything on your website about ARK. Do you have any available? And how much?
Enraged21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 01:20 PM   #36
Titanmotorsports

Drives: Supra
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Titanmotorsports
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enraged21 View Post
@Titanmotorsports I live close by but could not see anything on your website about ARK. Do you have any available? And how much?
Pm'd
Titanmotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 01:45 PM   #37
ARK Performance

Here's the link to the ARK GRiP cat-back from Titan

http://www.titanmotorsports.com/ark-...p-exhaust.html
Enraged21 (09-03-2013)
Old 09-06-2013, 07:56 PM   #38
SigmaHyperion

Drives: 2013 SWP BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
I'll get some pictures up in a day or two, but wanted to give some feedback...

Got my DT-S and Test Pipe installed last night.

I went into a bit worried about getting the right fitment based on some comments. Got everything hung (on urethane hangers), started tightening at the front and made my way back. Got out from under the car to check the tips -- absolutely perfect fitment.

I've done probably 10 installs of exhaust on my own cars. Probably helped on 50+ over the years (used to own an online aftermarket company with a storefront). I've never seen an exhaust that didn't need one iota of adjustment. It just went on.

As for the sound...

I've never had an exhaust that can go from so loud to absolutely silent depending on the RPM and load. And, strangely enough, the thing gets significantly quieter (drone-wise) as the RPMs build -- at 7000rpm there wasn't a ton of sound in the car, until one rolls down the windows. It sounds absolutely epic, but (at least with test pipe) it does drone at certain RPM levels, and the lower the RPM the worse. The dreaded torque dip is even worse now, as that seems to be where it drones the most -- probably due to a higher engine load in that RPM range. Drop a gear and it largely goes away. Not remotely as bad as most exhausts I've heard, but I was definitely hoping for less. And I will stress that this is with the test pipe.

I'm hoping for some improvement as it breaks in. Plus figure some Dynamat, which was already in the plans for road noise anyways, in the trunk will help because it actually seems like a fair bit of the drone is actually simply from the sound bouncing around in the empty trunk. It doesn't sound as much as the exhaust is droning as the trunk is just a big reverberating sound cavity.

Overall, the sound is simply too epic for me to be disappointed by the drone. It's fairly minor, I'm hoping it'll dissipate as it breaks in a bit, plus I think some Dynamat will help immensely. I'm not gonna go so far or be so pretentious as to say it sounds like a supercar, but it's definitely something that leans in that direction. It's a strange phrase, but the sound really compliments the car.

I do worry about the sound after a header install. But that seems to be an across-the-board worry with this car, as just about everything seems to make the car incredibly loud without some custom resonator installs.

As for ARK in particular -- I really would like to see your company tackle headers before the market gets too saturated. I've seen a LOT of exhausts over the years, from just about everyone under the sun, and the quality of this exhaust is right up there with the best I've seen. Not just arguably some of the most attractive exhausts on the market, but awesome craftsmanship with beautiful welds and, as already said, absolutely perfect fitment. Would love to see what you can do with a header setup that compliments the sounds of your exhaust.
SigmaHyperion is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SigmaHyperion For This Useful Post:
Chad86 (06-03-2016)
Old 09-06-2013, 11:14 PM   #39
dem00n
Member of the year - 2016

Drives: Scion FRS
Thanked 2,427 Times in 1,111 Posts
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SigmaHyperion View Post
I'll get some pictures up in a day or two, but wanted to give some feedback...

Got my DT-S and Test Pipe installed last night.

I went into a bit worried about getting the right fitment based on some comments. Got everything hung (on urethane hangers), started tightening at the front and made my way back. Got out from under the car to check the tips -- absolutely perfect fitment.

I've done probably 10 installs of exhaust on my own cars. Probably helped on 50+ over the years (used to own an online aftermarket company with a storefront). I've never seen an exhaust that didn't need one iota of adjustment. It just went on.

As for the sound...

I've never had an exhaust that can go from so loud to absolutely silent depending on the RPM and load. And, strangely enough, the thing gets significantly quieter (drone-wise) as the RPMs build -- at 7000rpm there wasn't a ton of sound in the car, until one rolls down the windows. It sounds absolutely epic, but (at least with test pipe) it does drone at certain RPM levels, and the lower the RPM the worse. The dreaded torque dip is even worse now, as that seems to be where it drones the most -- probably due to a higher engine load in that RPM range. Drop a gear and it largely goes away. Not remotely as bad as most exhausts I've heard, but I was definitely hoping for less. And I will stress that this is with the test pipe.

I'm hoping for some improvement as it breaks in. Plus figure some Dynamat, which was already in the plans for road noise anyways, in the trunk will help because it actually seems like a fair bit of the drone is actually simply from the sound bouncing around in the empty trunk. It doesn't sound as much as the exhaust is droning as the trunk is just a big reverberating sound cavity.

Overall, the sound is simply too epic for me to be disappointed by the drone. It's fairly minor, I'm hoping it'll dissipate as it breaks in a bit, plus I think some Dynamat will help immensely. I'm not gonna go so far or be so pretentious as to say it sounds like a supercar, but it's definitely something that leans in that direction. It's a strange phrase, but the sound really compliments the car.

I do worry about the sound after a header install. But that seems to be an across-the-board worry with this car, as just about everything seems to make the car incredibly loud without some custom resonator installs.

As for ARK in particular -- I really would like to see your company tackle headers before the market gets too saturated. I've seen a LOT of exhausts over the years, from just about everyone under the sun, and the quality of this exhaust is right up there with the best I've seen. Not just arguably some of the most attractive exhausts on the market, but awesome craftsmanship with beautiful welds and, as already said, absolutely perfect fitment. Would love to see what you can do with a header setup that compliments the sounds of your exhaust.
So what RPM's does it drone on 6th gear? We good up to 75?
Old 09-09-2013, 11:24 AM   #40
ARK Performance

@SigmaHyperion: We are definitely still considering headers and over pipe, and thank you for the honest review! We are always looking for areas to improve in to make sure you guys get the best product!
Old 09-09-2013, 01:09 PM   #41
OICU812
Just a dude

Drives: Scion FR-S 2013
Thanked 1,188 Times in 852 Posts
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Garage
Sigma and to anyone wanting to reduce cabin noise. Dynomat is NOT what you want, that is a vibration isolator. You want a noise isolator, look into thermal damping mat, or noise isolation matting, such as these products.
http://zeronoise.com/automotive_nois...automotive.htm
Old 09-09-2013, 01:44 PM   #42
funx

Drives: 2013 frs
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
that looks amazing, thank you
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARK Performance View Post
Introducing...ARK Performance USA!!!

We recently just joined FT86CLUB and want to personally let FR-S/BRZ owners that we are here for the community so ask us anything! As a quick introduction here are two product sheets on the exhaust systems we have to offer that you can get through one of our authorized dealers! As of now we will not be conducting direct sales so please contact one of the authorized dealers:

Titan Motorsports (@Will)
THMotorsports.com (@Alan)
Corner3Garage (@Mike)
FT86SpeedFactory
ModBargains
...and more on arkperformanceusa.com

And of course if you have an ARK Performance exhaust please share, the more pictures the merrier!

Sincerely,
Lerry @ ARK Performance
funx is offline   Reply With Quote