follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 08-23-2013, 12:38 PM   #29
hanabie

Drives: WRB LMTD '13
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDubbinTDI View Post
jeez dude I found a near invisible dent today and was crazy disappointed...now I don't feel so shitty. Im really sorry there are people like this in the world. Makes me not want to have nice things.
I have two, how are u gonna remove that?
hanabie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 12:39 PM   #30
AznBRZer

Drives: 16 CBS WRX Limited
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanabie View Post
You should inform the local cops. Just get your phone and tell them what is going on.
Two guys were trying to steal mails of my neighborhoods in the morning. I saw them, but I could not remember exactly the license plate. My neighbor saw it and called the local cops immediately. Guess what? The lost mails were returned on the same day

My alert is going down the hill these days. I think I should have initiated first to make the call.
Already made the police report this morning. A detective will call me in a few days and I'll probably call up the insurance company tonight. Not expecting anything out of the report, but there's a bar next to my office who's owner knows EVERYONE in the neighborhood. Gonna see if she can help me return the screwdriver to it's rightful owner.

Quote:
Can you park your car at where surveillance cameras are enforced or somewhere close to stores or shops.
I actually park on a pretty busy street, that's why I was so surprised to find out that someone tried to break into it...in broad day light too. Either way, I spoke to the security guards at the Walgreens and he said that I could park my car in their lot. Easier to deal with door dings than break ins I guess!

AznBRZer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 12:47 PM   #31
bestwheelbase

Drives: 1985 P-Type
Thanked 2,058 Times in 1,098 Posts
Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
@AznBRZer I am glad you didn't react the way some people in this threat are talking. Nobody wants their car to be broken in to but physically assaulting the guy, or worse, is the last thing that should come to mind.

Sheesh.
bestwheelbase is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bestwheelbase For This Useful Post:
AznBRZer (08-23-2013)
Old 08-23-2013, 12:58 PM   #32
Sbeezy

Drives: 2001 ZX2, WRBP BRZ (soon hopefully)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
He is awesome in that regard, I honestly can say I would've went apeshit. I understand it's just a car but I don't play nice when it comes to missing with my hard earned things.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
Sbeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 01:37 PM   #33
AznBRZer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bestwheelbase View Post
@AznBRZer I am glad you didn't react the way some people in this threat are talking. Nobody wants their car to be broken in to but physically assaulting the guy, or worse, is the last thing that should come to mind.

Sheesh.
Yeah, that won't fix anything. I'm just glad I got there before he could do more damage. If I left my office 2 minutes earlier, it wouldn't have happened at all...well...it wouldn't have happened last night anyways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sbeezy View Post
He is awesome in that regard, I honestly can say I would've went apeshit. I understand it's just a car but I don't play nice when it comes to missing with my hard earned things.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
Believe me. I'm angry. REALLY FUCKING ANGRY. Generally I would go a little apeshit(drop some f-bombs), but kids were around and I have to be a good rep for my organization especially since the kids and their parents know me for being a cool dude. Can't let the f-bombs fly in front of elementary school aged kids.
The Following User Says Thank You to AznBRZer For This Useful Post:
Sbeezy (08-23-2013)
Old 08-23-2013, 02:30 PM   #34
Chee-Hu

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
You should have recorded the witnesses stating who the culprit was to help your case. All in all, great job not reacting to something so small. The guy probably had a weapon on him and it could have been much worse.
Chee-Hu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 02:39 PM   #35
ZionsWrath
Thanks

Thanked 3,100 Times in 1,498 Posts
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
I wonder if the police would actually finger print the screwdriver.

My friend and I had an incident with road rage on the highway, I reported to 911 the license plate and make/model of car. Detectives didn't do jack shit. Maybe my friend didn't pursue it hard enough I don't know but I was pretty upset and it wasn't even my car.
ZionsWrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 03:02 PM   #36
degrees

Drives: 6MT BRZ
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AznBRZer View Post
Then I see a screwdriver sticking out of it as I walk up.
The perp was probably a pissed off Premium owner from your other thread: http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44672

Joking of course. Premium owners would never do that. Limited owners, maybe.

It's frustrating to see these cars vandalized. It happens with any sports car but this one is inexpensive. It's not like we're talking $80k+, although people seem to think it's some sort of high-dollar exotic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZionsWrath View Post
My friend and I had an incident with road rage on the highway, I reported to 911 the license plate and make/model of car. Detectives didn't do jack shit.
That's because it's nearly impossible to prove who instigated a road rage incident without sufficient evidence. You would need solid video and/or audio to corroborate your claim. Your case wouldn't even have landed on a detective's desk, hence why they didn't do jack shit. There was nothing to be done. You're also in NY where claims of road rage abound.

Not saying it was right or wrong as I don't know the full story. Just explaining why your report most likely fell off the radar.
37 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 37 For This Useful Post:
AznBRZer (08-23-2013)
Old 08-23-2013, 03:22 PM   #37
AznBRZer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 37 View Post
The perp was probably a pissed off Premium owner from your other thread: http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44672

Joking of course. Premium owners would never do that. Limited owners, maybe.
The jelly is STRONG in this one!

Quote:
It's frustrating to see these cars vandalized. It happens with any sports car but this one is inexpensive. It's not like we're talking $80k+, although people seem to think it's some sort of high-dollar exotic.
Yeah. It's a $25k car. Even some Accords are more expensive than that. Freaking Venza's cost more.

Quote:
That's because it's nearly impossible to prove who instigated a road rage incident without sufficient evidence. You would need solid video and/or audio to corroborate your claim. Your case wouldn't even have landed on a detective's desk, hence why they didn't do jack shit. There was nothing to be done. You're also in NY where claims of road rage abound.

Not saying it was right or wrong as I don't know the full story. Just explaining why your report most likely fell off the radar.
Right, and this is why I'm just using the police report as a formality for insurance. If they catch the guy, then good. If not, then I gave it a shot. No one was hurt, so I'm sure this isn't a high priority because one guy caught doesn't really help with their crime stats much.
Old 08-23-2013, 03:24 PM   #38
michaelahess

Drives: '13 GBS BRZ Lim, 2006 Dodge RAM MC
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bestwheelbase View Post

Sheesh.
I believe very strongly in the reverse. Cut off a dudes hand for stealing, people won't steal anymore.

Or just kill the evil bastards, make the world a better place. Stop supporting STUPID!!!

J/k...mostly.
Old 08-23-2013, 03:39 PM   #39
reeves

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
The guy behind you is standing way too casual lol
reeves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 04:38 PM   #40
bestwheelbase

Drives: 1985 P-Type
Thanked 2,058 Times in 1,098 Posts
Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelahess View Post
I believe very strongly in the reverse.
If I'm picked to be one of your twelve, let's hope I am less quick to judgement. Hmmm?
bestwheelbase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 04:49 PM   #41
whataboutbob
AutoX-10/10ths every run

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S AT Firestorm
Thanked 1,850 Times in 1,005 Posts
Mentioned: 79 Post(s)
Garage
I hope that the perp will get what he deserves someday. Hopefully from another thug.

[ Delicioustuning | Counterspacegarage | RS-R USA | Cusco USA | SPL Parts | ACE Header | Stark Performance | Infinite Motion | Ciro Racing | Build thread:Here ]
[ GR Corolla Core in White w/LSDs on wish list ]
whataboutbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 05:41 PM   #42
degrees

Drives: 6MT BRZ
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
The jelly is STRONG in this one!
Nah, I'm more a jam kinda guy.

Quote:
Yeah. It's a $25k car. Even some Accords are more expensive than that. Freaking Venza's cost more.
True, but the FRS/BRZ is a rare car right now and that makes parts worth something. I don't know the stats on chop shops in your area but that might play into it.

My guess is the dude used the screwdriver thinking he could pry the glass away from the frame and hit the unlock switch with a long tool. Either he wanted the whole car or he saw something of value inside.

Quote:
Right, and this is why I'm just using the police report as a formality for insurance. If they catch the guy, then good. If not, then I gave it a shot. No one was hurt, so I'm sure this isn't a high priority because one guy caught doesn't really help with their crime stats much.
Indeed. Reporting right away is paramount. Even waiting a day or two can make a negative impact in success. On something like this you're pretty much doing it for formalities.

Even tying fingerprints and witnesses together to prove an attempted break-in or robbery would cost the State more than it's worth for what appears to be $150 in parts and labor, assuming of course the glass is salvageable. In a small town you'd have Barney Fife all over it. In a big city not so much.

If the window seal is replaced and the wind noise stops (and doesn't leak) then I wouldn't replace the glass. Have the shop deburr the edge if there's a nick and run it as-is. Chances are you'll replace it and something else will happen. Swap it only if it breaks, not now. My two cents.

Do you have your alarm activated? If so, check your horn at the front bumper to make sure it didn't get clipped. Also consider protecting or moving the horn out of arm's reach so the wire can't be clipped. That's one weak point on a factory alarm. Blinking lights without a horn attract little attention. Most factory alarms are just for show to a pro.

Last edited by 37; 08-23-2013 at 05:52 PM.
37 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
screwed up, u can't c me bro