follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment

Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment Anything related to in-car electronics, navigation, and infotainment.

User Tag List

Old 06-08-2013, 11:13 PM   #15
mezdup

Drives: 2014 Ice Silver WRX
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoohousekey View Post
I also have the upgraded security system. Why does the car chirp several minutes after the alarm is set? Also, does the red button next to the trunk release do anything?
the car shouldn't chirp several minutes after arming. that's strange. and that red button is for programming.
mezdup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 10:37 AM   #16
shiro

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S, 2014 Lexus IS350
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Garage
Do you all have a part number for this alarm system or it is an aftermarket that integrates into the factory system? My Camry has one by Omega that does the same thing you all are talking about (horn honking when engaging and disengaging). Thanks!
shiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 03:27 PM   #17
Zoohousekey

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
It's the stock Scion security upgrade. It chirps (honks horn about 6 times) about 15 mins after the alarm is activated. I'm fine with it doing that but am just wondering what the purpose is??
Zoohousekey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 03:51 PM   #18
Uatu13

Drives: car
My Alarm upgrade was done by a company called Rockledge Securities before I bought the car. http://www.rockledgesecurities.com/

I'm not sure if all FR-S alarm upgrades are through the same company or not.

Mine chirps the horn twice when unlocking and once when locking using my OEM key fob.

Trunk can be unlocked with a key or remote and opened without setting off the alarm either way.

Hope that helps everyone.
Uatu13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 06:45 PM   #19
jcavner

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S (Asphalt)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoohousekey View Post
It's the stock Scion security upgrade. It chirps (honks horn about 6 times) about 15 mins after the alarm is activated. I'm fine with it doing that but am just wondering what the purpose is??
Mine is doing the exact same thing at almost exactly 10 minutes after I set the alarm, every time the car runs, even if it's only in the garage for 30 seconds. Have you had any modifications done? I had a TRD Exhaust and Intake put on, but I cannot recall if it did it before hand.
jcavner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 08:44 AM   #20
nathanR

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcavner View Post
Mine is doing the exact same thing at almost exactly 10 minutes after I set the alarm, every time the car runs, even if it's only in the garage for 30 seconds. Have you had any modifications done? I had a TRD Exhaust and Intake put on, but I cannot recall if it did it before hand.
I know this thread is two months old, but I just purchased my FRS this passed Friday and I'm having a similiar issue.

After ten minutes, the alarm actually activates as if someone were breaking into the car. It's happened six times in five days, the first occuring right after I got the car home from the initial purchase at around midnight. I felt like a total ass. The neighbors were probably like, "Damn dumbass...showing off and his new car..."

At any rate, I'll be contacting the dealer today or tomorrow.
nathanR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 10:57 PM   #21
Zoohousekey

Garage
Alarm Chirping

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcavner View Post
No mods. It's just the Scion security upgrade. Otherwise, it's the base model. Let us know if you find anything out! I've had the car 4 months, and it's still a mystery...
Zoohousekey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 08:53 AM   #22
nathanR

I called the dealership yesterday and it looks like a faulty (or misaligned) sensor in the driver's side door. I've got an appointment this afternoon to have it fixed.

This is how the service dept guy told me to diagnose it:
1. Start the car and then turn it off approximately 30 seconds later.
2. Exit the car and lock the doors with the key FOB.
3. Wait for the alarm to arm itself. He said to wait 1-2 minutes, but I had to go do something so I ended up waiting about fifteen minutes.
4. Tug firmly on the driver's side and passenger's side door handles. Also pull up on the trunk.
5. If the alarm sounds, then make a note of which opening caused it, and bring the info to your dealer to have that sensor adjusted/replaced.

I yanked on the passenger side and trunk and nothing happened. I barely touched the driver's door and the alarm sounded.

I'll update again after the visit this afternoon to let everyone know if the issue was resolved.
Old 08-23-2013, 07:15 AM   #23
nathanR

The random-alarm problem is now resolved. I didn't want to continue to clutter up the OP's thread since it's about a different matter so I started another thread and posted the solution.

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45052
Old 01-27-2014, 02:03 AM   #24
Jolaessss

Drives: SWP FR-S
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeg7827 View Post
i paid for the upgraded scion alarm that is programmable into the key for my fr-s but my frustration lies with the horn honking up to 4 times when i lock the car. its really loud and annoying.

after reading the thru the alarm instructions i was able to "disable" the horn honking when i unlock/disarm the alarm system. But its annoying and loud when i lock/arm the system. Also i dont know if i can set the door locks to auto-lock after the car reaches 10 or 15 miles an hour like my altima did (only had keyless entry on altima)

did anyone get the upgraded passive alarm from the dealer when they picked up their fr-s?
i know this post is kinda old but I've been wondering how to turn the horns off for a while. Fortunately i came across this post.

**I don't mind the chirps while locking/unlocking. I want to know how to turn the honks off. I was wondering if you'd be able to assist me. thanks alot
Old 05-08-2014, 04:39 PM   #25
8R6

Drives: FRS
Thanked 1,338 Times in 746 Posts
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolaessss View Post
i know this post is kinda old but I've been wondering how to turn the horns off for a while. Fortunately i came across this post.

**I don't mind the chirps while locking/unlocking. I want to know how to turn the honks off. I was wondering if you'd be able to assist me. thanks alot
i need to know how to turn off these damn honks too. stupid thing beeps AND honks twice (each when unlocking) and beeps and honks once (each when locking).

honk-beep. honk-beep. honk-beep. UGH.