follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 08-21-2013, 09:17 AM   #15
meeskee2

Drives: World Rally Blue BRZ Limited, MT
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
My favorite quote from the episode was when he was talking about the 86 he said, “you can beKen Block on every corner.” haha

"Some guys think that having a better car makes them better than other guys, and those guys are right." -Top Gear
meeskee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 09:28 AM   #16
Kimsey47

Drives: 2016 STI DGM
Thanked 1,460 Times in 662 Posts
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpueblo View Post
It was a special that aired near the end of 2012 if I recall.

Found it:

http://transmission.blogs.topgear.co...-of-the-world/
Yeah, I watched this a while back and was confused on how I had watched it before everyone else because I don't own a Delorean!
Old 08-21-2013, 11:48 AM   #17
strat61caster
-

Drives: '13 FRS - STX
Thanked 9,486 Times in 5,001 Posts
Mentioned: 94 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brzetto View Post
I gave up on BBC America a long time ago, I stuck to using the internet as a way of keeping up with Top Gear in the UK.
To be fair, I think they're getting it aired the day after now (U.K. Sunday, U.S. Monday) and they've got Doctor Who airing same day (but in primetime, would be kind of silly airing new episodes at noon). They're getting their act together. Not like a couple years ago where they were advertising "NEW TOP GEAR!*" (from two years ago).

That channel should be pure profit, it's basically reruns with commercials. Bump up the quiz shows, get some F1 coverage, and I'd almost consider cable again.

Scratch that, I would get cable again if I could get BBC coverage of F1. I miss DC and EJ
strat61caster is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to strat61caster For This Useful Post:
Laika (08-21-2013)
Old 08-21-2013, 12:50 PM   #18
Brzetto

Drives: 4 wheels
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by strat61caster View Post
To be fair, I think they're getting it aired the day after now (U.K. Sunday, U.S. Monday) and they've got Doctor Who airing same day (but in primetime, would be kind of silly airing new episodes at noon). They're getting their act together. Not like a couple years ago where they were advertising "NEW TOP GEAR!*" (from two years ago).

That channel should be pure profit, it's basically reruns with commercials. Bump up the quiz shows, get some F1 coverage, and I'd almost consider cable again.

Scratch that, I would get cable again if I could get BBC coverage of F1. I miss DC and EJ

Yeah but I'm still able to watch it a few hours after it's uploaded online. Plus having 720 HD and no commercials.
Brzetto is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Brzetto For This Useful Post:
strat61caster (08-21-2013)
Old 08-21-2013, 02:12 PM   #19
strat61caster
-

Drives: '13 FRS - STX
Thanked 9,486 Times in 5,001 Posts
Mentioned: 94 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Yeah but I'm still able to watch it a few hours after it's uploaded online. Plus having 720 HD and no commercials.
If there was a legitimate alternative to piracy most people would do it.

I know I'd pay ~$20 to get access to an on demand stream of a Top Gear season an hour or two after it airs with a download for later. DRM free of course.
strat61caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 05:15 PM   #20
Brzetto

Quote:
Originally Posted by strat61caster View Post
If there was a legitimate alternative to piracy most people would do it.

I know I'd pay ~$20 to get access to an on demand stream of a Top Gear season an hour or two after it airs with a download for later. DRM free of course.
It's not piracy if no money is made from it and as far as I know the people who upload do not make money. If the BBC would fucking broadcast the new episodes simultaneously in the US and UK then nobody would have to fucking "pirate" the shit.
Old 08-22-2013, 06:18 PM   #21
ST185RC

Drives: White Out FR-S
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
It's not piracy if no money is made from it and as far as I know the people who upload do not make money. If the BBC would fucking broadcast the new episodes simultaneously in the US and UK then nobody would have to fucking "pirate" the shit.
Uh, you don't have to make money on something you copy for it to be considered pirating.... Try it with the RIAA or anything that is copyrighted and tell them it's not piracy because you haven't made any money from it.
ST185RC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ST185RC For This Useful Post:
chadstyle (09-08-2013), dotdotdotPaul (08-22-2013)
Old 08-22-2013, 06:33 PM   #22
oldpueblo

Drives: Scion FR-S 10 #853
Garage
I pay ridiculous amounts of money every month for cable and streaming entertainment. If it's not available via those legit methods I'm damn sure gonna go find it on my own and not feel guilty whatsoever. That's their problem to solve, not mine.
oldpueblo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to oldpueblo For This Useful Post:
@Art_Mighty (08-22-2013), Brzetto (09-07-2013), SWPinATL (08-23-2013)
Old 08-22-2013, 06:39 PM   #23
dotdotdotPaul

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ST185RC View Post
Uh, you don't have to make money on something you copy for it to be considered pirating.... Try it with the RIAA or anything that is copyrighted and tell them it's not piracy because you haven't made any money from it.
ST's right. Any distribution of copyrighted material without permission of the copyright holder is "piracy". Doesn't matter if you make money or not, the point is you're taking potential revenue away from the copyright holder.

You are allowed to make copies of copyrighted material for your own use -- ripping a CD to MP3 so you can listen to it on your phone, for example. But you're not allowed to then give that MP3 to anyone else (unless you also give them the CD to go with it). Likewise, if you give the CD to someone else, you're not legally allowed to retain any copies you made.

...Paul
dotdotdotPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 07:56 PM   #24
Brzetto

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotdotdotPaul View Post
ST's right. Any distribution of copyrighted material without permission of the copyright holder is "piracy". Doesn't matter if you make money or not, the point is you're taking potential revenue away from the copyright holder.

You are allowed to make copies of copyrighted material for your own use -- ripping a CD to MP3 so you can listen to it on your phone, for example. But you're not allowed to then give that MP3 to anyone else (unless you also give them the CD to go with it). Likewise, if you give the CD to someone else, you're not legally allowed to retain any copies you made.

...Paul

You know what's funny, people used to do that all of the time and no one seemed to care. Then all the sudden the RIAA figured out a way to harass people just because they could. The Top Gear official site has indirectly implied that using the internet to view their episodes is ok with them. Too many rules are a bad thing. I'm not the one pirating anything so I'm in the clear.
Old 08-23-2013, 12:15 PM   #25
SWPinATL

Drives: 2013 SWP BRZ Limited
Anyone know what the title of the episode was or what episode number it was?
SWPinATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 12:32 PM   #26
oldpueblo

Drives: Scion FR-S 10 #853
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWPinATL View Post
Anyone know what the title of the episode was or what episode number it was?
Fourth from the bottom:

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top_Gear_DVDs"]Top Gear DVDs - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]
oldpueblo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to oldpueblo For This Useful Post:
SWPinATL (08-23-2013)
Old 08-23-2013, 03:42 PM   #27
dotdotdotPaul

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Smile

Actually, if you're talking about the special "Worst Car Ever" episode, that was the *third* time it was in there.

I just watched the season finale (from the week before that special), and the BRZ was in there too (in fact, it was a BRZ, not the '86) -- James May drove one off the track while racing his bus.

...Paul
dotdotdotPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dotdotdotPaul For This Useful Post:
SWPinATL (08-23-2013)
Old 09-06-2013, 11:59 PM   #28
Brzetto

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpueblo View Post
I pay ridiculous amounts of money every month for cable and streaming entertainment. If it's not available via those legit methods I'm damn sure gonna go find it on my own and not feel guilty whatsoever. That's their problem to solve, not mine.

Exactly, it's their problem not ours. They failed to provide so we have to find a way to watch a show we love.