follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Engine, Exhaust, Transmission

Engine, Exhaust, Transmission Discuss the FR-S | 86 | BRZ engine, exhaust and drivetrain.

User Tag List

Old 07-28-2013, 01:32 AM   #29
m.wood0213
Driving Enthusiast

Drives: 2013 BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by FT-86 SpeedFactory View Post
Stay away from AP parts. We warn every single person of this. Still not sure how they sell anything. Bad fitment, bad customer service, and horrible quality on pretty much everything they do.
Trust these guys (FT86SpeedFactory) nuff said.
“This isn’t a supercar, it’s a sports car. It sacrifices rear seats yes but it just feels alive. Pure, direct, immediate. The other two are going to get all the admiring looks yes, that’s my point. I’m not driving around in this for other people’s benefit. I’m driving around in this BECAUSE I LOVE DRIVING IT. END!”
-Richard Hammond, Top Gear, USA Supercar Road Trip, 2011 Porsche GT3 RS.
My BRZ
m.wood0213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 05:50 AM   #30
FR-Sizzle

Drives: brz
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceFyre13th View Post
So, one guy had a problem with a cat back......and that makes it suck.....

Too many posters just say "don't, it sux" with no data to back this claim, or links to show why....they do not even explain why. And I bet they never owned one either

Kind of reminds me of sheep following the first one in a flock over the cliff.

I am happy with my cat back and no problems......but I have no experience with the header and can not say. (if there was a cat'ed version I would get one)
Ive been a long lurker of these forums and there has been plenty of data to back the claim of why not to purchase any AP parts. Just look at there past threads that made false claims on dyno numbers just to sell parts. They made it look like there parts hit 200 whp on the dyno, a number that everyone wanted to see with bolt ons and they were called out repeatedly and kept making excuses. I believe they changed there poster on these forums multiple times everytime making up a new excuse when things got hot for them.

There history dates back to other forums too basically being a shady/horrible company that has no respect for its customers. Plenty of people have owned there previous parts and lots can tell you why to avoid them. It seems like you just purchased the part and dont want to admit that you made the wrong choice in buying there parts without doing any research. As I could find plenty of reasons not to purchase there parts after doing a google search from what other members have posted about there previous encounters with them for other platforms. And a search on this forum has brought up many things that other vendors wouldnt even dare doing ever to mess up there image.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceFyre13th View Post
No, one guy who actually has the product and likes it......and had no problems installing it (no Copper RTV needed either).

And then I sit in amazement at a vendor who sells the product and talks bad about it, seems hypocritical to me........if you truly believe the company is that bad, then dont even offer their products on your web-site. Personally, that shows me a lack of professionalism on your part.........

All I can say is I am not having any issues with the product I have.

I have read the postings of the Porsche owner who ordered the wrong part in the first place, the one who did not install his header correctly and wonderd why the flanges warped (and the others who told him what he did wrong, buy a torque wrench). Not to mention the one who had the install done poorly and the tips ended up being misaligned (nice toes too). Almost everything I had read on the Agency Power product being "bad" is from the person not knowing what they were doing or ordering the wrong parts in the first place.

Maybe the person (s) who had no clue should take responsibility for there own mistakes.

Sure, there is always the possibly of getting a bad part. I have had it happen to me......the thing that bothers me is the amount of people who never owned the product flaming the company that made it for no other reason than being part of the flock.......
Doing a search on these forums already has shown up many results where customers had bad fitting exhausts where they had shops do it for them. I am not surprised as one member even went as far as comparing Megans quality/price to basically AP being what they are but way over priced and basically they price there exhausts as high as what other vendors such as Perrin, HKS, Nameless and what you get is an exhaust like theres minus the craftsmanship, attention to detail, and power gains basically a company that sells knock offs for way more than they should be. I read their first couple of threads and they even go as far as claiming they make there products in the USA and then other posters called them out saying they have been exposed many times that they are made in another country like China or Taiwan.
FR-Sizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 02:36 PM   #31
track_warrior
Track Junkie

Drives: Faster than the Stig!
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Jay View Post
Sounds good? Yes. Good Quality? No.

Again detailed in AP dealings with pcasso who goes by a different name now which escapes me at the moment.

I wouldn't believe a single AP dyno. They tried to claim their light weight pulley made 12whp on the forums.... It was a ugly thread by the end of it.
Hello :happy0180:

Yeah stay the hell away from ap my exhaust fell apart at the track multiple times and ap denied a replacement. They wanted me to ship my bent and torn exhaust for them to inspect it. I ended up going invidia and cant be happier. BTW i though i had installed it wrong i never said i did, even after a tech inspector at the track took a look at my exhaust he said there is no way to actually getting it to tighten correctly.

Here is the original thread:

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23636
flippy (07-29-2013), XtremeMaC (04-28-2019)