follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List
torqdork

Old 07-18-2013, 03:03 PM   #281
Jertronic

Drives: FR-S 10 Series 120 of 2500
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Taking delivery of #120 MT bare stock tomorrow morning.

Front Plate mounting Question: I asked and the front plate frame is already attached. I wanted nothing screwed through the bumper cover and was going to mount via tow hook. Who is responsible for installing this front plate frame? Is it done at Port or Dealership?

What are my options if I want the front end to be restored to original condition?

The tires are Bridgestone something or other. Do any other owners have these tires and how do they compare to the Michelins that seem to be more common for OEM?
Jertronic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 03:11 PM   #282
Lonewolf

Drives: Moped
Thanked 2,130 Times in 1,195 Posts
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by invzabomaster View Post
??? indicates a question..... calling you a liar (which i didn't do), would be a statement.
Big difference between asking someone"are you lying?" as opposed to calling someone"you're a liar!"
Besides, I read you right the first time, no need to get butt hurt about it all.
Someone is a bit overly sensitive this morning.
P.S. I couldn't care less about your "signature" fyi
Good, because people couldn't care less about you...
Lonewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lonewolf For This Useful Post:
invzabomaster (07-19-2013), supra2nv (07-18-2013)
Old 07-18-2013, 03:25 PM   #283
supra2nv

Drives: 10 Series TRD
Thanked 1,169 Times in 700 Posts
Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meehow86 View Post
Yeahhhh, no point in posting 3 separate responses to one joke post trolly troll.
Clarify please

Wave Particle Duality
supra2nv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 03:30 PM   #284
[[|==86==|]]

Drives: Hakosuka
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by invzabomaster View Post
you lying??? my cousin called them just now and they denied having it

It's probably accounted for and or the salesman may have been ill informed.
[[|==86==|]] is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to [[|==86==|]] For This Useful Post:
invzabomaster (07-19-2013), supra2nv (07-18-2013)
Old 07-18-2013, 03:30 PM   #285
[[|==86==|]]

Drives: Hakosuka
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Anyone else notice the latest headline? http://www.ft86club.com/
[[|==86==|]] is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to [[|==86==|]] For This Useful Post:
supra2nv (07-18-2013), torqdork (07-18-2013)
Old 07-18-2013, 04:00 PM   #286
sc10nFRS

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S 10 Series
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jertronic View Post

Front Plate mounting Question: I asked and the front plate frame is already attached. I wanted nothing screwed through the bumper cover and was going to mount via tow hook. Who is responsible for installing this front plate frame? Is it done at Port or Dealership?

What are my options if I want the front end to be restored to original condition?

The tires are Bridgestone something or other. Do any other owners have these tires and how do they compare to the Michelins that seem to be more common for OEM?
That's weird that the front plate frame is already attached and the tires are non-OEM. I wonder if someone bought it, but took it back soon after? My front plate frame was still in the trunk when I drove my car off the lot.

Easiest way to restore the bumper is to trade!
sc10nFRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 04:14 PM   #287
FiRStsc10n
Canadian FR-S Member

Drives: FR-S '10 Series'
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Some dealerships when doing PDI install the license plate frame (black plastic) right as they are doing PDI after vehicle arrives at dealer. I have no idea why they are so eager to do this, but happens alot in States/Provinces that require front license plate. Most of the time you have to make a request before the vehicle arrives for them not to install license plate frame, extra dealer badges, etc.

In your case, this vehicle might have been at another dealer and traded to your dealer, unless it is already at your dealer and you are just waiting on paperwork.

As for Bridgestone tires, this wouldn't be the first time it has happened on this forum. There was a bunch of members Bridgestone all-weathers during the months around Winter, as it may be law in some places that you have to sell vehicle equipped with at least all season tires during snow times. So I'd see if they are all-season tires. But its summer so then again my reasoning is flawed.
FiRStsc10n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 04:50 PM   #288
Jertronic

Garage
I'm positive that is all season rubber. I was told that this car entered the NYC port and came directly to this dealership. I had possession of the VIN number back in middle May.

MA being a front plate state likely drives the dealerships standard procedure with affixing front plate frames. Both 3 series that I bought new had the front plates screwed on right through the bumper cover upon delivery. They should make it a check list item to ask customers about front plate placement.

Someone mentioned on the forum mentioned that you should adjust the HID headlights. What's the deal with this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-18-2013, 04:57 PM   #289
Obsidiank
10 Series Fanatic

Drives: Scion FR-S 10
Quote:
I'm positive that is all season rubber. I was told that this car entered the NYC port and came directly to this dealership. I had possession of the VIN number back in middle May.

MA being a front plate state likely drives the dealerships standard procedure with affixing front plate frames. Both 3 series that I bought new had the front plates screwed on right through the bumper cover upon delivery. They should make it a check list item to ask customers about front plate placement.

Someone mentioned on the forum mentioned that you should adjust the HID headlights. What's the deal with this?
I don't know about you but I think the expectation that dealerships should know "better" or ask about license plate mounting is silly. 99% of people don't ever remove the dealer frame, move the license plate or even think about the fact that holes are drilled into the bumper.

There is a switch in the left side under the stalk that has a 0,1,2 setting that allows you to adjust the HID down. Not a necessary thing but something you can do if your lights are hitting right.
Obsidiank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 05:04 PM   #290
Jertronic

Garage
You are right. Most people don't give 2 @&$@s about plate frames, dealer decals etc. We geeks are the obvious minority.

Will take some pics of my 10 series down by the Charles right after I pick her up. Sans dealer plate frames and decals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-18-2013, 05:23 PM   #291
JSMIL

Drives: FRS 10 series
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
I didn't have my license plate frame installed when I bought it, but got pulled over for it on the second day of owning it. I don't like the look of the off set kits so I decided to bite the bullet and install it. It actually does not look as bad ask thought.
JSMIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 06:01 PM   #292
wasim12

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S 10 series
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
#0191/2500 reporting :happy0180:
New guy here, A/T, SoCal.

Chatsworth, CA
wasim12 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wasim12 For This Useful Post:
supra2nv (07-18-2013), TheBatman (07-18-2013), torqdork (07-18-2013)
Old 07-18-2013, 08:49 PM   #293
Xovit

Drives: 2002 Camaro
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:

I had this same issue when I picked up my Raven FR-S! I took it back to the dealer a week after when I realized when they mounted the bracket it drilled right into the grill and this would look really poor with the tow hook mount.

I successfully pleaded my case - Indicating that no one ever asked my permission to the holes being made and having damaged my grill. The replacement grill isn't that costly (they said it was around $60) but having asked nicely they agreed to replace it for me free of charge because no one had ever brought it up. So can't hurt to ask!
Xovit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 08:54 PM   #294
FiRStsc10n
Canadian FR-S Member

Drives: FR-S '10 Series'
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xovit View Post
I had this same issue when I picked up my Raven FR-S! I took it back to the dealer a week after when I realized when they mounted the bracket it drilled right into the grill and this would look really poor with the tow hook mount.

I successfully pleaded my case - Indicating that no one ever asked my permission to the holes being made and having damaged my grill. The replacement grill isn't that costly (they said it was around $60) but having asked nicely they agreed to replace it for me free of charge because no one had ever brought it up. So can't hurt to ask!
Your lucky it was drilled into the grill. Around me they drill holes right into the bumper above the grill.

FiRStsc10n is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FiRStsc10n For This Useful Post:
supra2nv (07-18-2013)