follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > ASIA

User Tag List

Old 07-02-2013, 02:58 AM   #1149
NIKDENG

Drives: RED BRZ
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockers_kitoy View Post
good day peeps.

where can you suggest/recommend to have mag wheels restoration/modification?

i have an old reliable 17-inch rims. and im planning to have it painted flat black (from tarnished chrome)

appreciate your replies.

thanks!
@rockers_kitoy,

If you are near the southern part of the Metro, go with:

STIVO CONCEPTS
Address: No. 10 Varitech Building, ACSIE Compound, West Service Rd., SLEX, Bicutan, Paranaque
Tel:09175501193

They are a sister company of Rota mags and they do restoration back to OEM specs and modifications to any mag wheels including multi-colored chroming and changing colors. Their prices are very reasonable, turnaround is very quick and you are assured that the paint and materials they use are really for mag wheels.

However, if your mags are still in good condition and just suffer from tarnished chrome, you can also just spray them with flat black Plasti-Dip which would just cost you about 550 per can x 4 cans. If you don't like the flat black look, you can just peel the paint off.
NIKDENG is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NIKDENG For This Useful Post:
jdmasfcuk (07-02-2013), rockers_kitoy (07-02-2013)
Old 07-02-2013, 03:39 AM   #1150
dagame

Drives: Subaru BRZ ZC6 Lightning Red
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Garage
@NIKDENG: i saw your car's pic from autokozmetix. i'm just wondering, did you lower your BRZ using coilovers/lowering springs and by how much, or is that the stock height lang?
Old 07-02-2013, 05:28 AM   #1151
NIKDENG

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagame View Post
@NIKDENG: i saw your car's pic from autokozmetix. i'm just wondering, did you lower your BRZ using coilovers/lowering springs and by how much, or is that the stock height lang?
@dagame,

Depends on when the picture was taken. I have tried different mags/tires/suspension combinations. I would assume you are looking at reducing the fender gap. These were the different combinations I have used:

1. Stock mags, tires and stock springs: fender gap = ~2.13 inches.
2. Stock mags, tires and Tein sksa0g1boo: fender gap = ~1.13 inches. (hated this as I would always hit my driveway even without front spoilers)
3. 18 inch mags, 225/45 tires and stock springs: fender gap = ~1.45 inches Most comfortable ride, even better than stock wheels and tires. Car looks lowered even with stock springs. Speedometer reading is lower than what it should be but hardly noticeable.
4. 18 inch mags, 225/45 tires and tein springs: fender gap =~ 0.45 inches. Ride still comfortable, about the same as stock wheels and tires. Car looks slammed even though the height of the body is still the same as stock. Best compromise for slammed look and comfort. Speedometer reading is lower than what it should be but hardly noticeable.
5. 18 inch mags, 225/40 tires and stock springs: fender gap = ~1.9 inches
Gap is too big for me almost like stock and ride comfort is worst than stock tires and mags.
6. 18 inch mags, 225/40 tires and Tein: fender gap = ~.9 inches
This is the setup which produced the most slammed look on my car. Worst ride comfort. Need to be careful even just for sudden road dips at high speed.
7. 18 inch mags, 235/40 tires and stock springs: fender gap = 1.7 inches
Very comfortable ride, tons of grip. Looks already lowered. For me this is the best daily driving setup and what I use the most. No problem with clearance at all.
8. 19 inch mags, 235/35 front 245/35 rear and stock springs: fender gap = ~1.56 inches. Just new had to go with these to clear my big brake kit as I don't like using spacers. Need to try it out for a while to give feedback. Will try to drop it on the teins after 2 weeks to see how that would feel.
9. For my son's track practice, we go with the 18x235/35 + STI pink performance springs which just drops it about .6 of an inch but gives improved handling.

My advice to you would be before you put on lowering springs or coil-overs get the wheel and tire combo you want first then drop it afterwards. The ride height, fender gap and stance is greatly affected by your choice of wheels and tires.

Hope this helps you out.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NIKDENG For This Useful Post:
jdmasfcuk (07-02-2013), melon (07-04-2013), pcuerpo (09-17-2013)
Old 07-02-2013, 05:59 AM   #1152
Alabang 86

Drives: GT86
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo View Post
Just read through the memo and I've still got some questions. So people are required to make homemade license plates? This isn't optional? That just sucks donkey balls. Are there any particular rules on how they're supposed to look?

I think I've read people say they're getting Euro-style plates of their conduction stickers but I believe there's a pic some pages back of someone getting it Japanese style (his 2 letters were TV + 4 digits).

Also, what's the difference between Vanity License Plates and Optional Motor Vehicle Special Plates? I wasn't aware of any other plate format besides the previous ABC 123, ABC 12, and the newer ABC 1234.
or like this....

Old 07-02-2013, 06:50 AM   #1153
NIKDENG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alabang 86 View Post
or like this....
Naughty naughty. Put your "fad" plates on.
Old 07-02-2013, 10:03 AM   #1154
Alabang 86

Drives: GT86
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by NIKDENG View Post
Naughty naughty. Put your "fad" plates on.
haha, toyota said I didn't have to until I get the sticker...still don't understand the disconnect between the plate and the sticker - not that I'm really concerned about this as I haven't been stopped by the men in blue for years.

Love this country.
Old 07-03-2013, 08:41 AM   #1155
dagame

Garage
Quote:
@dagame,

Depends on when the picture was taken. I have tried different mags/tires/suspension combinations. I would assume you are looking at reducing the fender gap. These were the different combinations I have used:

1. Stock mags, tires and stock springs: fender gap = ~2.13 inches.
2. Stock mags, tires and Tein sksa0g1boo: fender gap = ~1.13 inches. (hated this as I would always hit my driveway even without front spoilers)
3. 18 inch mags, 225/45 tires and stock springs: fender gap = ~1.45 inches Most comfortable ride, even better than stock wheels and tires. Car looks lowered even with stock springs. Speedometer reading is lower than what it should be but hardly noticeable.
4. 18 inch mags, 225/45 tires and tein springs: fender gap =~ 0.45 inches. Ride still comfortable, about the same as stock wheels and tires. Car looks slammed even though the height of the body is still the same as stock. Best compromise for slammed look and comfort. Speedometer reading is lower than what it should be but hardly noticeable.
5. 18 inch mags, 225/40 tires and stock springs: fender gap = ~1.9 inches
Gap is too big for me almost like stock and ride comfort is worst than stock tires and mags.
6. 18 inch mags, 225/40 tires and Tein: fender gap = ~.9 inches
This is the setup which produced the most slammed look on my car. Worst ride comfort. Need to be careful even just for sudden road dips at high speed.
7. 18 inch mags, 235/40 tires and stock springs: fender gap = 1.7 inches
Very comfortable ride, tons of grip. Looks already lowered. For me this is the best daily driving setup and what I use the most. No problem with clearance at all.
8. 19 inch mags, 235/35 front 245/35 rear and stock springs: fender gap = ~1.56 inches. Just new had to go with these to clear my big brake kit as I don't like using spacers. Need to try it out for a while to give feedback. Will try to drop it on the teins after 2 weeks to see how that would feel.
9. For my son's track practice, we go with the 18x235/35 + STI pink performance springs which just drops it about .6 of an inch but gives improved handling.

My advice to you would be before you put on lowering springs or coil-overs get the wheel and tire combo you want first then drop it afterwards. The ride height, fender gap and stance is greatly affected by your choice of wheels and tires.

Hope this helps you out.
i just had my new mags installed, its 18x8 and the tires are 225x40. yeah, i was looking to lessen the fender gap. sorry if i didn't clarify that.

my brz is my everyday car and i travel from san juan to sucat at least 2x a week as i work there and aside from that i frequently go up to tagaytay. i'm just concerned if i drop it 1.5" if i run at c5/slex or any other place na required high speeds and there was a sudden change in terrain level na hindi masyado visible especially at night (like asphalt to cement), if the rubber would hit the fender? as of the moment there is about 3-3.5 finger gap between my tires and the fender.
Old 07-04-2013, 05:38 AM   #1156
NIKDENG

Quote:
i just had my new mags installed, its 18x8 and the tires are 225x40. yeah, i was looking to lessen the fender gap. sorry if i didn't clarify that.

my brz is my everyday car and i travel from san juan to sucat at least 2x a week as i work there and aside from that i frequently go up to tagaytay. i'm just concerned if i drop it 1.5" if i run at c5/slex or any other place na required high speeds and there was a sudden change in terrain level na hindi masyado visible especially at night (like asphalt to cement), if the rubber would hit the fender? as of the moment there is about 3-3.5 finger gap between my tires and the fender.
@dagame,

Congrats on your new wheels. Post pics. Your 3-3.5 finger fender gap should be around 1.9 inches with no one in the car. I suggest you let two people sit in your car then measure the fender gap again. From this, you can now determine how much more gap you want removed by the lowering spring as I assume you don't want to go with the coil-over route. With two people in the car, a one inch drop would leave .4 - .6 inch fender gap (depending on their weight ) which should look good already. Since your wheels are 18x8 the offset would probably be conservative (in the 40's) so you should not have any fender rubbing issues even when lowered but you will have clearance issues (steep driveways, high humps, etc.) when you drop it >=1.5 inches especially with a heavy passenger.
Old 07-04-2013, 09:36 PM   #1157
dagame

Garage
Quote:
@dagame,

Congrats on your new wheels. Post pics. Your 3-3.5 finger fender gap should be around 1.9 inches with no one in the car. I suggest you let two people sit in your car then measure the fender gap again. From this, you can now determine how much more gap you want removed by the lowering spring as I assume you don't want to go with the coil-over route. With two people in the car, a one inch drop would leave .4 - .6 inch fender gap (depending on their weight ) which should look good already. Since your wheels are 18x8 the offset would probably be conservative (in the 40's) so you should not have any fender rubbing issues even when lowered but you will have clearance issues (steep driveways, high humps, etc.) when you drop it >=1.5 inches especially with a heavy passenger.
thanks for the info! will try doing what you said. i'll post pics when i've already dropped it too
Old 07-04-2013, 11:10 PM   #1158
dhoeze

Drives: Toyota 86
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
even without wide fenders, can I go staggered mags? any pics? thanks sir!
Planning for a Rota RKR 8.5 front, 9.5 rear... thanks..
dhoeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 02:58 AM   #1159
NIKDENG

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhoeze View Post
even without wide fenders, can I go staggered mags? any pics? thanks sir!
Planning for a Rota RKR 8.5 front, 9.5 rear... thanks..
@dhoeze,

Nice choice. Gives you that retro modern look. The 5x100's Rota RKR 18X8.5 offset 44 Front and 18x9.5 offset 44 Rear where specifically designed for the 86/BRZ's. As such you won't have any clearance problems at all even when lowered. No need to widen or fold the fenders. I had these on my car with 235/40 tires all around lowered 1 inch with no problems at all.

Since your car is a pearl white 86 it would look like this (pictures taken from rota wheeldudes site)

Hope this helps you out.
Old 07-05-2013, 02:57 PM   #1160
dagame

Garage
@NIKDENG: picture of my BRZ already dropped 1.5" using tein s-tech lowering springs

Jetscape (07-11-2013), melon (07-05-2013), NIKDENG (07-05-2013)
Old 07-05-2013, 10:18 PM   #1161
NIKDENG

Quote:
@NIKDENG: picture of my BRZ already dropped 1.5" using tein s-tech lowering springs
@dagame,

Nice. Those gunmetal Advan RS wheels go well with the red. Saw your car along del monte as I was going to our old house in q.c.. The front wheels look nice and flush but the rear wheels would look better and flush with a 3mm spacer.

By the way, Stivo has already finished their chin spoiler for the BRZ which would look really good on your slammed car and at 12,000 pesos only, you won't feel too bad if you scrape it every now and then.

Last edited by NIKDENG; 07-05-2013 at 10:58 PM.
Old 07-06-2013, 01:49 AM   #1162
Alabang BRZ

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Alabang BRZ is offline   Reply With Quote