follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > FR-S & 86 Photos, Videos, Wallpapers, Gallery Forum

FR-S & 86 Photos, Videos, Wallpapers, Gallery Forum All photos, videos and other media related to the Scion FR-S and Toyota 86

User Tag List
go_a_way1

Old 06-20-2013, 11:55 AM   #323
marky

Drives: 2020 BRZ tS #54
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by marky View Post
Welcome to California.... Got a ticket when I had my integra for having a huge exhaust that was not even loud.. 500+$ ticket and smog/go to court and see a judge ..
Yup too low you will get a ticket.. I believed your head lights can't be lower then 16inch from the ground or something like that.. Saw it on that MTV street racing on YouTube back then when it was on mtv...

Post is screwed up Lol.. Was trying to edit it..
marky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 12:16 PM   #324
nab335

Drives: e92 335i, FRS, Lexus ls400
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnie View Post
Yeah, guess everyone who doesn't agree with you or is just doing their job is just a hater. Guess that kid bombing boston marathon is also calling the CIA haters.

Yeah.. because the boston marathon kid scenario is somehow relevant to me getting a fixit ticket from just having my car lowered. I think you missed my point. Or are you a cop? Lol i agree the officer was just doing his job giving me the ticket..but I run into so many police officers on a regular basis who give me no issues and I see cars lower than mine all the time..it really just depends on the cop you run into imo. But this guy really found it to be a hazard because he was saying if he can barely fit his foot under my car then it can't be safe to drive. Anyway I don't know where in the world my post reminded you about dsazkornaev or whatever that guys name is but that guy is toastt now that were on the subject

Quote:
Originally Posted by marky View Post
Welcome to California.... Got a ticket when I had my integra for having a huge exhaust that was not even loud.. 500+$ ticket and smog/go to court and see a judge ..

thats exactly why I'm thinking about canceling my plans with the angled single exit exhaust lol. It'll only be a matter of time before I just get slapped with a fine. It seems like exhausts are much easier to get in trouble with

IG: nabb335
nab335 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nab335 For This Useful Post:
Lonewolf (06-20-2013)
Old 06-20-2013, 12:26 PM   #325
256brz2013

Drives: 2013 white brz
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

xxr 531's 17x9 +35 offset.
256brz2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 256brz2013 For This Useful Post:
ozne99 (06-23-2013)
Old 06-20-2013, 12:37 PM   #326
marky

Drives: 2020 BRZ tS #54
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nab335 View Post
thats exactly why I'm thinking about canceling my plans with the angled single exit exhaust lol. It'll only be a matter of time before I just get slapped with a fine. It seems like exhausts are much easier to get in trouble with
Yeah that's why I'm going with a greddy sp exhaust .. Looks like stock.. I don't want them exhaust with the Cans you can see in the back like the evo ones.. Also as a daily driving car its just going to be lowered inch on springs.. Cops are punks here in Cali specially in LA/San Diego areas .. Had my exhaust on my integ for years and one day cop wanted to show off doing his job and have me pull over in front of jack in the box to show off while I could of pulled over already... Also blame them street fast and furious wannabe racers ..
marky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 06:53 PM   #327
SLICVIC

Drives: 2006 STi
Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kato1337 View Post
@SLICVIC that you brz? Killing it!! Are you attending tuner evolution?

yessir, thanks. Havent heard of tuner evo so im assuming its not in my area
Old 06-20-2013, 07:23 PM   #328
kato1337

Drives: 2013 Raven Black FRS
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
@SLICVIC ooo it's actually in Philly. Group of us from Chicago heading over there thought you might of heard of it since people coming from NYC

http://www.tuner-evolution.com/
kato1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 07:53 PM   #329
Lonewolf

Drives: Moped
Thanked 2,131 Times in 1,195 Posts
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnie View Post
Yeah, guess everyone who doesn't agree with you or is just doing their job is just a hater. Guess that kid bombing boston marathon is also calling the CIA haters.

Let me get this straight, you're comparing ticketing someone with a lowered car to stopping the Boston bombers?!

We have bigger problems than lowered cars here in CA, the police should be protecting and serving (against real crimes like armed robbery, theft, assault) instead of generating revenue with bs tickets like the ones pictured above...
Lonewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lonewolf For This Useful Post:
humanshield (06-23-2013)
Old 06-20-2013, 08:03 PM   #330
sho220

Drives: FR-S MT & FJ Cruiser
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
nice guys^
yeah its hard to get capture pictures of stance when all you have is a iphone camera. time to make some photographer friends Lol

btw I just got this a few hours ago. suuuch bs I guess aggressive fitment comes with aggressive haters
Putting a front plate on would probably lead to a lot less hassle with the man...for having no front plate you get this For the cop writing up a ticket for "too low"...they get one also

sho220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 08:09 PM   #331
sho220

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolf View Post
Let me get this straight, you're comparing ticketing someone with a lowered car to stopping the Boston bombers?!

We have bigger problems than lowered cars here in CA, the police should be protecting and serving (against real crimes like armed robbery, theft, assault) instead of generating revenue with bs tickets like the ones pictured above...
The state needs revenue to pay the police. And from what I understand, CA is not doing too hot in the revenue department.

How is it a bs ticket when he flagrantly violated the law? Aren't front plates required in CA?

Never heard of a ticket for a "car too low"...that I would agree is bs.

Some people just choose to make life more difficult than it should be...IMO, put a front plate on, stop giving them excuses to pull you over, and get over the fact that your car is .0000000001% less cool because it has a front plate...

Old 06-20-2013, 11:59 PM   #332
Lonewolf

Drives: Moped
Thanked 2,131 Times in 1,195 Posts
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sho220 View Post
The state needs revenue to pay the police. And from what I understand, CA is not doing too hot in the revenue department.

How is it a bs ticket when he flagrantly violated the law? Aren't front plates required in CA?

Never heard of a ticket for a "car too low"...that I would agree is bs.

Some people just choose to make life more difficult than it should be...IMO, put a front plate on, stop giving them excuses to pull you over, and get over the fact that your car is .0000000001% less cool because it has a front plate...
My point is that the front plate law is not benefiting the public good in any way, hence it's a bs ticket just like the too low ticket. What is the health or safety benefit provided by the front plate requirement? The law should exist to benefit and civilize society, not be a revenue stream.
Lonewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 12:12 AM   #333
Revmatch

Drives: 2013 FR-S Black
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
...But this guy really found it to be a hazard because he was saying if he can barely fit his foot under my car then it can't be safe to drive.
I looked this up. I am not sure I even understand it. Bummer ticket man.

24008. It is unlawful to operate any passenger vehicle, or commercial vehicle under 6,000 pounds, which has been modified from the original design so that any portion of the vehicle, other than the wheels, has less clearance from the surface of a level roadway than the clearance between the roadway and the lowermost portion of any rim of any wheel in contact with the roadway.

Amended Ch. 462, Stats. 1984. Effective January 1, 1985.
Revmatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 12:28 AM   #334
sho220

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolf View Post
My point is that the front plate law is not benefiting the public good in any way, hence it's a bs ticket just like the too low ticket. What is the health or safety benefit provided by the front plate requirement? The law should exist to benefit and civilize society, not be a revenue stream.
The law is not there to benefit the public, it's there to benefit law enforcement personnel.

The world does not revolve around you...

Do any of these sound like valid reasons?

__________________________________________________ _
When responding to calls where a plate is given, one must maneuver in such a way as to see the plate on the rear of the vehicle as it goes past you. This can become rather difficult when the vehicle is traveling in the opposite direction.

While scanning cars parked in residential PVAs, which are often backed into spaces in most of our city's housing projects, it requires Officers to get out and read a plate instead of proficiently scanning plates to find a stolen vehicle, vehicle of interest, etc.

Vehicle description and license plate are occassionally required when serving a search warrant on a home. Having to go secret squirrel to read the plate of a vehicle parked up to a house can also be time consuming as well as risk tipping off residents inside the home.

When looking for suspect vehicles, it's a lot easier to eliminate the many "gray Honda Civic" cars on the road by scanning the front plates. When we find "the one", we can take appropriate action. If I see a suspect vehicle that doesn't have a front plate, but otherwise fits the description of the vehicle I'm looking for, I will stop it. Having a front plate will eliminate the unnecessary stop.

When the drunk plows into the parked car there is no plate left behind when they flee the scene at 0300. Cant tell you how many suspect vehicle front plates are laying on the ground next to the scene.

That "useless" front plate on your car allows me to identify it as the car thief drives it towards me.

I personally would rather not have a front plate. But, I'm not going to drive around without one and then cry like a bitch on internet forums when I get a ticket for it...

The "too low" thing I still don't understand...

Old 06-21-2013, 12:32 AM   #335
sho220

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revmatch View Post
I looked this up. I am not sure I even understand it. Bummer ticket man.

24008. It is unlawful to operate any passenger vehicle, or commercial vehicle under 6,000 pounds, which has been modified from the original design so that any portion of the vehicle, other than the wheels, has less clearance from the surface of a level roadway than the clearance between the roadway and the lowermost portion of any rim of any wheel in contact with the roadway.

Amended Ch. 462, Stats. 1984. Effective January 1, 1985.
Sounds like a legal way of saying "don't drive around with your shit dragging on the ground and throwing sparks"...

Old 06-21-2013, 12:38 AM   #336
SLICVIC

Drives: 2006 STi
Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
less chit chat, more aggressive wheel pics.

Tags
dontlike?dontlookmoveon