follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] For all off-topic discussion topics.

User Tag List

Old 09-07-2012, 12:14 AM   #43
DEnd

Drives: anyone seen my steering wheel?
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ngabdala View Post
Tell her after a "big dump" your body weight does not change which is a result of "displacement." Look it up
The weight that the scale reads most certianly does change. The average weight of a bowel movement is between 1/4 and 1/3 of a pound which is small enough that a bathroom scale may not register it. You also lose weight when you pee, sweat, and exhale. As well as gain weight if you drink, eat, and inhale (though you gain less weight than what you lost exhaling).

You also tend to weight less in the morning because your body turns those calories into CO2, and you lose fluids though breathing and sweating while you slept.
DEnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 08:21 AM   #44
wrxgoose
WUB WUB

Drives: 2013 Firestorm
Thanked 1,573 Times in 858 Posts
Mentioned: 52 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
i weighed myself before pooping a while ago, then again after....i gained 4 lbs
wrxgoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 09:20 AM   #45
Gardus@Supersprint
Banned

Drives: Clio TCE
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterisked Accolade View Post
I always wonder how women can be so uninterested. A vehicle is the second biggest investment a person will make (for most), and you use it everyday multiple times. To me, this is a decent enough foundation for interest in contrast to "her" interests such as shoes or a modest hobby. (Basically, something more negligable and with less consequence.)
I completely agree on this.
Recenly my GF bought her first car, and I tried to give her advise on options, engines, costs, finance...I almost have a fight with her because I was trying to help her make the best choice for her needs and have the best she could buy for her budget, and she seemed to not care...and I couldn't understand why!

She's going to pay the car for the next 5 years and she didn't even test drive any of the possible choices or read a review online.
Gardus@Supersprint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 09:47 AM   #46
diirk

Drives: 4Runner
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Garage
Because it matched her nails???

waiting on a Neptune Premium MT
diirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 09:48 AM   #47
diirk

Drives: 4Runner
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Garage
And before anyone says I'm being sexist, I used to sell cars, and I sold an Eclipse because it matched to womans nails. Then again, I did point that out much to her husbands annoyance...

waiting on a Neptune Premium MT
diirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 09:50 AM   #48
Shizuma

Drives: 2015 Dodge Challenger SXT
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
I always wonder how women can be so uninterested. A vehicle is the second biggest investment a person will make (for most), and you use it everyday multiple times. To me, this is a decent enough foundation for interest in contrast to "her" interests such as shoes or a modest hobby. (Basically, something more negligable and with less consequence.)
Well I can understand why most thing that way even if I don't think the same. To most it's just an appliance, it's used to get from point A to point B, so they find it no more interesting than say a toaster oven or broom, so long as it does it's job that's all that matter, it's a necessity, not a desire. Shoes on the other hand a regular old pair of basic shoes is a necessity, lots of fancy looking shoes however is a desire and that's why they are more interested.

It's the same case with many things, and it's not just women that do that cause I've seen guys who were like that too. Computers are the same thing, some will get whatever cheap piece of junk HP computer Bestbuy sells them, while others like myself are very selective about our computers and exactly what hardware is in them, but the to the former people it's just a tool to email and surf the web, the later it's more of a passion more than just a tool.
Shizuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 10:24 AM   #49
DEnd

Drives: anyone seen my steering wheel?
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrxgoose View Post
You have a horrible scale.
DEnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 01:28 PM   #50
Skyhound

Drives: Jaguar X-Type
Quote:
1.) To many, it is more than that. It's a passion. Passion is very powerful.

2.) When there is a situation of a man controlling a woman, telling her what she should and should not do, it warrants an hour on Dateline. But once some men take offense to women impeding their passions, we're supposed to what-- ask for forgiveness?

I was with you for your first 2 paragraphs.
I understand what you mean and agree. It really comes down to what is important to whom. My brother's passion is film-making and he's vehemently trying to pursue that as a career, though at the expense of his wife because of their financial situation suffers for it. They've been married almost ten years and with little to no hope of ever having kids or even a good life at this rate.

Car driving is a passion for myself also, hence why I went for the FR-S. I've even considered maybe pursuing something of a racing career, which is an issue of friction between my fiance and I because she's concerned of the safety of it. I find myself weighing my passion for driving and that of my wife/future family and I choose the family. :/ Just seems more important to me than pursuing a dream that may or may not help your family.

Again, it comes down to personal priorities and there really isn't a "right" or "wrong" logically speaking. I just feel like the majority of men in the car world take it too far, seeing a disinterest in cars as "women stupidity" as opposed to "human stupidity".
Skyhound is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Skyhound For This Useful Post:
Asterisked Accolade (09-07-2012)
Old 09-07-2012, 02:48 PM   #51
Asterisked Accolade
Pedals over Paddles.

Drives: Celica GT-S | 89 Supra | 07' Accent
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyhound View Post
I understand what you mean and agree. It really comes down to what is important to whom. My brother's passion is film-making and he's vehemently trying to pursue that as a career, though at the expense of his wife because of their financial situation suffers for it. They've been married almost ten years and with little to no hope of ever having kids or even a good life at this rate.

Car driving is a passion for myself also, hence why I went for the FR-S. I've even considered maybe pursuing something of a racing career, which is an issue of friction between my fiance and I because she's concerned of the safety of it. I find myself weighing my passion for driving and that of my wife/future family and I choose the family. :/ Just seems more important to me than pursuing a dream that may or may not help your family.

Again, it comes down to personal priorities and there really isn't a "right" or "wrong" logically speaking. I just feel like the majority of men in the car world take it too far, seeing a disinterest in cars as "women stupidity" as opposed to "human stupidity".
You make good points; points i can easily agree with. I found
Quote:
there really isn't a "right" or "wrong" logically speaking.
to be profound in its simplicity and agreeability.

2002 Celica GT-S Track Car | 1989 Supra Track Car | 2007 Hyundai Accent AutoX | 2003 Cadillac CTS Daily
Asterisked Accolade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 09:45 AM   #52
Thekaylakrunkk
XE Autosport

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS Whiteout
Garage
yeahhh

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingsofWar View Post
my wife is still trying to get racing lines, we play Gran Turismo 4 every other weekend and shes got a knack at finding aggressive lines. She misses driving my rx7 when it was still streetable.

If theres any type of girl out there for car guys, it needs to be one that wants and willing for you to share your passion with her.

We're not all clueless!! lol. Now when we're out building on his racecar im usually pretty out of the loop. I just hand him the tools he asks for. bahaha
Thekaylakrunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 09:52 AM   #53
Thekaylakrunkk
XE Autosport

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS Whiteout
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Want.FR-S View Post
Not everyone is as lucky as some of you are, but cherish the ones when you are lucky.

Can you write this on official letterhead to my boyfriend? lol
Thekaylakrunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 10:02 AM   #54
ZionsWrath
Thanks

Drives: BRZ
Thanked 3,100 Times in 1,498 Posts
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrxgoose View Post