follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Tracking / Autocross / HPDE / Drifting

Tracking / Autocross / HPDE / Drifting What these cars were built for!

User Tag List

Old 02-21-2018, 08:24 AM   #1
Icecreamtruk

Drives: Track preped NA FRS
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
When (and if) would I need a dry sump oil system

Quick and dirty question for people out there that track hard on the grip side of things. How would you determine if you need a dry sump? Do you monitor pressure, or temp, or both and if so, where from?

Why I ask? A little context then. I've been tracking my car for 4 years now, close to 30 track days. I've gone from completely novice to medium level driver I'd say. Dropped around 10secs per minute on lap by making both car and driver faster. I havent increased power (much, exhaust + tune only), only increased grip by modding suspension and aero. I have been running tire with grip levels between 200TW street tires (not RE71R) and entry level R-compounds.

I want to step up to even bigger grip, Hoosiers A7 and the likes of grip but Im affraid that I will learn the hard way that I needed better oil system. So to the people who go fast by the means of grip, not power, have you had any trouble at all at that level?

My main goal is driver developpement, but Im doing it by competing in a time attack series, I find you cant improve unless you measure yourself to something tangible. So even tho its a TT scenario, I want to run full sessions not 1 lap and park it.
Icecreamtruk is offline   Reply With Quote