follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Tracking / Autocross / HPDE / Drifting

Tracking / Autocross / HPDE / Drifting What these cars were built for!

User Tag List

Old Today, 10:07 AM   #351
cmiovino

Drives: 2017 BRZ PP, 2004 WRX
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Hella good course yesterday. Did some tweaking to lower the ride height (again) over the last few days. Totally cured the understeer issues I was having. Turns out lower (to a point at least) is better. I had been running the coilovers out of RCE's recommendations in their instructions since I bought them used and didn't see the distances the spring perch should have been to certain attachment bolts.

Ride height is at about 15 3/4" front and 15 7/8" rear. Hard to believe I started the year up around 17", lowered down to 16 1/4", and now this is where it's sitting.

Immediate difference on my first run and felt much more compliant driving to the site. Car was much more neutral and driving in full rain before this really let me feel the car out at lower grip levels to see what it would do at the limit. The car actually oversteers a bit like it should if you get on it too early. This run felt great but after it dries up even more for others in the afternoon. New rule for next event: STX gets to choose their heat if it's raining. I'm the only one in STX.