Drives: Crapcan
Thanked 16,340 Times in 7,389 Posts
Mentioned: 108 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergycheese348 View Post
If they cannot see it, they will not know about it

But i am not so worried on classing, as with how many TRD parts I already have on the car as well as other stuff I would classify pretty high (especially after my supercharger). I know people like Verus have done tests with flat underbodys on a NA Miata with varying ride heights and aero and they all helped a lot, but no real advice/examples on how to build one. I am still studying in college and have not taken an aerodynamics course yet (planning on joining the FSAE aero team), but hopefully in a year or two I will have the knowledge resources to conduct my own tests.
I know, but I don't roll that way. My car is already not class competitive, I do it for fun.

@jflogerzi has flat bottom on his car, maybe he will comment.
https://www.ft86club.com/forums/show...6&postcount=40

There is a good amount on flat floors online, but how do you quantify the numbers without testing? It's 100% beneficial, just can't say how much.

KYLE.ENGINEERS on YT has a bunch of video on car aerodynamics and the effects that are good introductions. He was an aerodynamicist for Mercedes F1 team for a few years so he knows his stuff.