View Single Post
Old 08-28-2015, 12:49 PM   #73
phobos512

Drives: 2014 FR-S 6MT Whiteout
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by [Ron] View Post
I had to take mine to Sewell Subaru in Dallas, which is about a hour drive. I had my girlfriend bring a second car but its worth the drive to get sorted out. However I don't see why pressuring your local dealer would not work, as its a warranty fix covered by Subaru. They get paid for the work and you get your car fixed.

Maybe they just don't want to do it? Shitty techs? Overbooked for repairs already? Who knows.
This was last year I tried. I mentioned it during my first oil change when I was totally stock. They couldn't find anything unusual (they claimed). I actually brought a few posts out of this thread from the forum. I've never had good luck with dealers; I don't know what it is. I've lived in three different states and I've always been jerked around for some reason. I've brought freakin' recall notices and TDs printed right off their websites showing my VIN being in an affected batch and still they have told me nothing was wrong (not with the FR-S, this was in the past).

I don't think they're overbooked as while they're the only dealer in the area I've never been able to not just walk in and have service immediately.

However, this is a Toyota/Scion dealer; not a Subaru dealer as mine is an FR-S. Obviously it's the same car, and they know this but...I dunno. The place 45 minutes away there is both a Subaru and a Toyota/Scion dealer within a mile so they could at least conceivably talk to each other?

I mean, the shit is clear as day. I've even taken video of it. It's a horrid crunch. Usually I have to shift back at least half way towards third and then go back toward fourth to get it to engage when this happens. Sometimes it still just goes in though.