Old 07-09-2012, 01:50 AM   #37
DarrenDriven
NW Region Moderator

Drives: FR-S No More
Thanked 3,186 Times in 1,091 Posts
Mentioned: 300 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Garage
Kwaziekeller, I agree that anyone with access to cheap or free compressors should take advantage of them. I'll repeat again that I think that it is too easy to use the compressors improperly and anyone that has doubts should take the struts to a professional. My method, which really only works well with air tools, has worked for me in situations where the spring is lightly loaded, such as the FR-S.

Roadstercycle, thanks for the props! Maybe I need to add smokescreen, oil slick and other Spy Hunter mods, hehe... hmm.....

blu_, I haven't aligned yet because I am waiting for my D2 coilovers to arrive. I can recommend The Lineup Shop near 102nd & Glisan, though. They are very crusty, but they are reasonably priced and have done good work for me on my last couple of lowered cars (350Z and S2000).

tonystewart, I have a friend that can get parts wholesale, so I ordered directly from the manufacturer through his account. I'm not doing it to make money, just to help get the scene started in the Portland area.

eikond, I get it. I hope that my disclaimer helps.

Jeff Lange, thank you for this tidbit. I am going to edit the DIY to reflect this.
DarrenDriven is offline   Reply With Quote