Old 12-09-2021, 03:09 PM   #11
DocWalt

Drives: '22 BRZ
Thanked 1,472 Times in 767 Posts
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacSpeed View Post
I'm really hoping something just changed in the formulas and we just don't know it yet. Would be really weird I feel to not be able to get them from the OBD and would have no idea how to get that info into my RC and SoloStorm then LOL
Lots of manufacturers don't expose CAN on the OBD2 port, like Honda & BMW. Seems pointless but lots of folks worry way too much about security of the OBD2 port (omg my car is going to be hacked!) and lots of other folks do dumb things and cause issues with cheapo OBD2 dongles so it makes sense for manufacturers to not expose the CAN wiring.

Assuming it's actually on the OBD2 port it'll be figured out fairly quickly for the basics (steering angle, brake pressure, accelerator pedal position, etc. The more complicated stuff like wheel speeds will need more logging than I have time to do.

If it's not on the OBD2 port we'll just need to come up with somewhere to tap into the CAN wiring. ASC just seems like an easy place to do it with a likely readily available connector to plug in instead of ASC.
DocWalt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DocWalt For This Useful Post:
Aroundomaha (01-04-2022), MacSpeed (12-09-2021), timurrrr (12-10-2021)