Dismember

Drives: 2013 Red Scion FR-S
Thanked 3,999 Times in 2,155 Posts
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
I always chuckle with the frantic desperation some people have at airports. Give yourself time and relax. Check in, meh, they pump them through fast. Security, who cares, not like it takes hours no matter how long the line looks. My favorite is the people with assigned seats that will line up an hour before the flight so they can get on first. What the hell is the hurry? The plane isn't leaving before everybody is on and there is zero benefit to get to seat 18A two minutes faster than everybody else.
So many people take over-sized and multiple items onto planes that getting on first is important because you're guaranteed to get space for your carry-on. Then you can avoid the hassle of waiting for 30 minutes to an hour for your bags to show up on a carousel. My entire family, including the kids, walks onto every flight with a single rolling piece of carry-on luggage. In addition, my wife has her purse. I have my backpack to put under the seat in front of me. Oftentimes each kid also carries a single plastic shopping bag. We end up getting to the taxi line/shuttle/rental counter/parking lot pay kiosk first, all as we watch a line of people stack up behind us. I'd say it's worth at least an hour on average for each leg of each trip, and that's an hour of painful waiting in line, wishing people were more competent and less stupid. Those are awful hours. Of course it doesn't always work, but it does over 50% of the time. Maybe over 75%.

It's like driving aggressively. Driving highly aggressively saves me 2-4 minutes over driving normal, and another 5 minutes over driving politely. Multiply that by two trips a day, 365 days a year (some days I miss, but some days I go out multiple times, and we're saving hours of my all-too-short life to do the things I love, like be in Hawaii or yell at my children to get along better as they build the Millennium Falcon Lego set.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EAGLE5 For This Useful Post:
Boomerang (11-24-2016), p1l0t (11-24-2016)