Old 04-06-2014, 12:43 PM   #43
TylerLieberman

Drives: '24 GR86
Thanked 3,344 Times in 1,577 Posts
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnapOv3st3r View Post
If memory serves me correctly, there is but one true OEM motor inside of the car it came in, and that's Fredric Aasbo's 800hp Scion tC.

All others have engine swaps. I mean if you speak on US only spec. Some could argue that the SR20 came in the JDM spec S chassis, as there is one S chassis with an SR20 in it (but only because his 2jz S chassis had mechanically problems).
Dave Briggs is still running the SR. He has been for years now.

People can bitch all they want but the fact is some options will never be as reliable. I love seeing OEM power plants in tact but if you want to be competitive, you gotta move with the times.

It's much easier to make 600hp from 6.x liter V8 than a 2 liter 4 cylinder. Much easier to keep the setup reliable too. People choose V8s cause they work. The power is always there and it doesn't require a lot of foot work. Shit, a lot of the FD drivers running the V8s leave the starting line in 2nd gear.

I prefer hearing the JZ motors and SRs and if I were to run in FD, I would most certainly go JZ. You just need to understand that you can only do so much with any platform before compromises start being made.

It is what it is.
TylerLieberman is offline   Reply With Quote