View Single Post
Old 10-29-2013, 07:47 PM   #37
digital_assassin

Drives: 2013 FR-S Matte Orange
Mentioned: 168 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by vgi View Post
They did, see post #12 on p.1 of this thread. Just not the whole kit but the mounting bracket.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackson Racing View Post
The short answer:
No, the Jackson Racing supercharger bracket as it ships in this system will not accept a C38 supercharger unit.

Now this does not mean the rest of the components in the system cannot accept the C38. We plan to have a C38 upgrade in the future for consumers that want to be on that high level. There are some other engine upgrades required when you go to a C38 besides the head unit, so we think the least of your worries when you go that route is the aluminum supercharger bracket.

-Oscar Jr.
I asked the question again because I think the whole kit is possibly a throwaway if you want to do anything more than a pulley upgrade, that's why I'm looking for an answer. JR states just the bracket will be required but I ended up digging back through a thread and found the intercooler picture and it's an 8 row which may be too small to be effective for the C38, maybe someone that understands this process better can elaborate because I'm no expert by any means. I found another picture on the that makes it look like the throttle body intake tube is already resting on the C30 unit which may rule that part out as well.

It's good to know how much of the system can carry over if you want to upgrade to the larger blower down the road. Modding cars is expensive and it really sucks when you think the path you've chosen will support your future needs only to find out you were wrong and now have to spend money on parts you already thought would work.

Here's the picture of the intercooler if found in NoppyPops thread.

Here's the angle of the engine bay where it looks like the inlet hose is resting on top of the C38. Could be camera angles .

I would love to see some more defining pictures of the engine bay. In base form both kits are not that much different. I think the upgrade path for the two is the big division point but I could be wrong.
digital_assassin is offline   Reply With Quote