Dismember

Drives: 2013 Red Scion FR-S
Thanked 3,999 Times in 2,155 Posts
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 86MLR View Post
I would put the Supra against the RC350, should be around that price, I would rather the Lexus hands down.

The Supra looks like a mish mash kit car.

If the BMW Supra is Lexus RC-F money only a idiot would buy the Supra.

I'm out.
A premium specced RCF is $70,380. I bet you can get 4-5k off that pretty easily. Rumors say a launch edition Supra will be 56,180, probably then marked up. So A premium of about $10k in order to get a much nicer interior and an awesome NA V8? If you're spending 56k, you should be able to spend 66k for a much nicer vehicle. Meanwhile, the LC is arguably worth another $30k because I want to have sex with it. And if performance is your goal, why get the Supra over a base Cayman? If fun is your goal, it's Cayman, Miata, or twin. The Supra business case is icky in my books.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irace86.2.0 View Post
I do enjoy the lines of the 86 more. It is a simpler and better proportioned design, but I do love the proportions of a long hood, two seat coupe, and I wouldn't mind a turbo straight six. For the money, I would probably go for a Cayman more, but there is definitely a mystique about this car that is alluring.

The RC-F is a 4000lbs porker with a fugly hour glass grill. Just saying. Aesthetics are very subjective.
Agree with everything but what you say about the grill. 4000lbs doesn't matter so much with modern suspension, unless you're going to the race track, in which case a twin or Cayman is a better choice. if you're stuck on Toyota, the Lexus RC-F is a better choice than the Supra, and the LC is the baller option. I want to ball that car, as previously stated.

Also the Mustang GT, for ~41k will win in a 0-60 and probably all passing situations. It weights more but has an amazing aftermarket and can circle tracks very quickly. Then there's the Camaro. If I want light weight, I can always properly LS swap a twin for about as much as a top spec Supra.
EAGLE5 is offline   Reply With Quote