Old 02-28-2019, 05:41 AM   #3
86MLR

Drives: 2002 VX Commodore SS LS1 Auto
Thanked 2,185 Times in 1,111 Posts
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by evoto86 View Post
I know this sounds like I work in Toyota's marketing department but I'm genuinely interested.

With the new 86 generation confirmed by Toyota Australia Exec's who claim its coming. How many of you are going to stick with the 86 brand, we all know these types of vehicles entry level sports cars. The turn around for ownership is not very long as the people who tend to buy them (20-25 yo's) sell them on to a younger driver looking for his/her first taste of a sporty car, and upscale to something more expensive or go for something completely different.
Where's your info from, my broker has heard nothing, he keeps me up to date, he does 100's of purchases a week for people and is on top of every new model on the way.

I fear your Toyota Australia Exec's may be talking out their arse, hell, nothing official is being talked about in J, except for 3rd hand hearsay.

But, while we are speculating....if Toyota releases a IL4 with manual transmission, and if it didnt look like arse or the Zupra then I would look at it.

Actually, if Toyota released the same body and interior tomorrow, but, with a IL4, turbo, a OEM engine and transmission that could handle tweaking to 200kwatw and around 300nm of torque I would get him on task tomorrow.

I imagine it would cost between $45-55k AUD.

The Zupra, which we still don't have a fixed price, seems to be floating around $75-85k AUD, but as stated, thats just based off what the dealers are crystal balling, using the Z4 as the base stock crystal ball.

86MLR is offline   Reply With Quote